St. Thomas - Paradise Point Tram

beshears

I know your question has been already answered, but thought I'd add a visual for you to actually "see" where it's at.

If you're on the ship facing the Havensight side of port, the Sky Ride entrance will be toward the left and at the base of the mountain. It's easy to spot where it is because the Sky Ride cables and support poles going up the mountain are fairly easy to spot. The actual building is also painted bright colors, so you can't miss it. To get there, we just walked through Havensight, headed left toward the larger, light blue building on the left side of first picture, and the road to cross over to the entrance runs along the front (or back???) of that building. There are other ways to get there, but we were doing "quickest way from point A to point B is a straight line". LOL!!! It wasn't exactly a straight line but it worked for us.

Taken from our ship - the white arrow is pointing to Sky Ride entrance building

IMG_8964_1.jpg

Google maps - arrow pointing to Sky Ride entrance

SKYRIDE_GOOGLEMAP_1.jpg

This is the Sky Ride entrance (zoomed in pic from our balcony) - with those bright colors, it's easy to spot.

IMG_9150.jpg

Hope this helps. We did the Sky Ride/Paradise point on our most recent cruise and loved it - great views.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Last time we were there we cruised with Carnival. They sold tickets to Paradise Point on the ship at the Excursion desk. Tickets were $1.00 less and refundable if for any reason you did not go up.

Thank you all for your answers, and especially for the "picture/s." That really helps a lot.

Pghsteelerfan, in regard to Paradise Point, I figured you would be able to tell me to. I was told that we could pay for a Taxi ride (you said we could walk) of about $6 pp, and once we got to it, we did not have to pay for the ride. To say the least, I am confused.:confused: I was also told that if we walked, then it would cost around $21 pp to do the tram. I don't know if you can help me in this area, but I thought I would ask.

Most people walk from the dock to the tram, because they want the experience of riding in the cable car and watching the view as you go up. If you go up the hill by taxi directly from the dock, you see very little except trees until you get to the top. There is a bar/restaurant at the top a few shops and some exotic birds that put on a show.

Thank you all for your answers, and especially for the "picture/s." That really helps a lot.

Pghsteelerfan, in regard to Paradise Point, I figured you would be able to tell me to. I was told that we could pay for a Taxi ride (you said we could walk) of about $6 pp, and once we got to it, we did not have to pay for the ride. To say the least, I am confused.:confused: I was also told that if we walked, then it would cost around $21 pp to do the tram. I don't know if you can help me in this area, but I thought I would ask.

This is becoming much more confusing than it need be.

You can walk to the aerial tram STATION which is across the street from Havensight and take the tram up to Paradise Point, or you can taxi from the dock up to Paradise and not use the tram.

If you want to take the tram both ways you can usually buy refundable tram tickets at your ship's excursions desk for $1 or $2 less than at the tram station.

Pretty simple...

Regarding your question about walking to Morningstar, no - you will need to taxi, the fare is probably $5 - 6pp each way.

We've been dropped at the top at PP and taken the tram back down.

I see your question has been answered but I'll try to explain what we did. We purchased the Sky Ride to Paradise Point as an excursion through Carnival. Through Carnival, it was $19.00, per adult, per ticket and that is for the ride on the Sky Ride (gondolas) to the top at Paradise Point. If you purchase tickets at the Sky Ride entrance, the charge is $21.00, so we saved $2.00 on each by getting them through the ship. We really enjoyed the ride up and felt it was a great part of the experience. The ride was about 10 minutes but we moved slow enough that we could get some great pictures on the way up. The gondola cars have windows the whole way around so every seat has the great views. They have some open, so you'll get air on the ride up (we actually had a nice breeze when we rode it). This is just my opinion, but I think the ride up in the Sky Ride was very well worth the cost.

Now you're asking if you can take a taxi directly up to Paradise Point instead of taking the Sky Ride? Yes, you can get to Paradise Point by taxi and you would just pay the fee/tip for the cab. There was no entrance fee to get into the Paradise Point Building and observation decks. That $21.00 (or $19.00 if you get tickets through the ship) is the charge to take the Sky Ride up. By going by taxi, you can save some money, but you'd miss the great views that you get on the Sky Ride. As mentioned, I know that going up to Paradise Point by using the Sky Ride was about 10 minutes but I don't know how long a cab ride would be.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

OK everyone, I'm so sorry I have misunderstood all of this, but I believe it is finally coming through.:o

Yes, we want to ride the sky ride/tram. So to do this, we must get the ticket either on the ship, or at the building, is that correct? This way, the sky ride will take us to the top (can we get off there and look around), and then get back on the sky ride/tram to come back down. Am I correct now???

Yes, I'm definitely wanting to see the "view", so we will try to get the tickets from the ship or the building, and take the sky ride/tram up and down. :)

OK everyone, I'm so sorry I have misunderstood all of this, but I believe it is finally coming through.:o

Yes, we want to ride the sky ride/tram. So to do this, we must get the ticket either on the ship, or at the building, is that correct? This way, the sky ride will take us to the top (can we get off there and look around), and then get back on the sky ride/tram to come back down. Am I correct now???

Yes, I'm definitely wanting to see the "view", so we will try to get the tickets from the ship or the building, and take the sky ride/tram up and down. :)

Yes you are correct - enjoy your day!

That is correct. If you get tickets through the ship, it's a little cheaper. I don't know which cruise line you'll be sailing, but Carnival offers the tickets for $19.99 and if you purchase them at the Sky Ride building, they charge $21.00.

I just looked on the NCL shore excursions and the tram tickets are $25 for adults and $15 for kids. Darn that they aren't cheaper like they are on other ships! (I'm going to look at the Paradise Point website right now to see if they have a child discount- that could make it cheaper for me if all tickets are $21 each).....well I checked ridetheview dot com, but don't see any prices listed at all, so I can't answer my own question. Anyone that has done it know if there are kid prices?

I just looked on the NCL shore excursions and the tram tickets are $25 for adults and $15 for kids. Darn that they aren't cheaper like they are on other ships! (I'm going to look at the Paradise Point website right now to see if they have a child discount- that could make it cheaper for me if all tickets are $21 each).....well I checked ridetheview dot com, but don't see any prices listed at all, so I can't answer my own question. Anyone that has done it know if there are kid prices?

NCL charges $25.00?!?! Definitely cheaper if you get them at the entrance. On the official Paradise Point website, I could not find prices. They do have a "Contact Us" section that I'm sure you can get pricing from. I've seen where it's $21.00, per adult ticket, if you get them at the Sky Ride entrance.

Skyride to Paradise Point's website (Contact us is in the upper right)

http://www.ridetheview.com/

Attaching a link I found with prices from "Adventure Center" where you can reserve tickets and their prices are listed as:

Adults: $21.00

Kids ages (6 - 12): $12.00

Under age 6???

Link to "Adventure Center":

http://www.adventurecenters.net/adventures/island-tours/paradise-point-skyride

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Let's throw in another twist.

Can you purchase a ticket for the Sky Ride just for the way down?

Thinking of doing a local tour and having them drop us off at PP and then riding down on the trams.

Edited by OhioMike2016

Maybe, but I doubt it. With the charge for the up/down, you can also wear a band bracelet, where if you wish, you can go more than one time.

I have a feeling you can probably pay for just going down, but I don't think they will give you a discount, for just going down, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Let's throw in another twist.

Can you purchase a ticket for the Sky Ride just for the way down?

Thinking of doing a local tour and having them drop us off at PP and then riding down on the trams.

Yes we've don't that same thing more than once, price was 1/2 the round trip fare or close. Great spot to relax before walking back to the ship!

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed on the Skyride website it says 'unlimited rides all day' for $21.

I realize Carnival offers tickets for $19 but I'm curious if they too are 'unlimited' or if they are merely one round trip ride.

I just wanted to make sure I'm comparing apples to apples.

Thanks

I realize Carnival offers tickets for $19 but I'm curious if they too are 'unlimited' or if they are merely one round trip ride.

Thanks

Sorry, can't answer that as we've only bought one-way passes coming down but I would expect them to be the same. If no one else here can help you can find out before you buy them on the ship. Be sure to report back! :)

Edited by blue_water

Thanks

When we were there last year, we purchased our tickets from Carnival ahead of time ($19.00) and received the actual tickets on the ship. At the Skyride to Paradise Point entrance, we went to the window & gave them our tickets (they kept the actual tickets) and they gave us bracelets that have "Skyride to Paradise Point - Adult" on them. They were the same bracelets given to those paying cash at the window and not through Carnival. So maybe if you have the bracelet on, and it hasn't been altered in anyway, that's your "unlimited" pass (???). I don't know for sure since we only went up once.

Edited by pghsteelerfan