Whale Watching

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:43 AM.
North Florida
725 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Has anyone done any whale watching in the DR? I'm interested, as are others on our roll call, but I'm worried about choppy waters I've read about and sea sickness. What a horrible thought to be stuck on a boat and be sea sick!! Anyone done this before?? Thanks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
See my review Dawn Review Jan. 31st, the Suite Life - Cruise Critic Message Boards
2001 NCL Canada, 2003 Carnival "The Rock Boat," 2003 Princess to Alaska, 2004 Carnival "The Rock Boat," 2006 Carnival "The Rock Boat," 2007 Carnival "The Rock Boat," Feb 2007 RCCL Sovereign, Jan 2008 RCCL Grandeur, Feb 2008 Carnival, Jan 2009 NCL Dawn (AAOwner'sSuite), May 2009 NCL Star (A1GardenVilla), Aug 2009 Carnival Sensation, Aug 2010 Carnival Fascination, Christmas 2013 Carnival, June 2014 Carnival Sensation, Valentine's Day 2016 NCL, August 2016 Carnical,
86 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
hi,
the whale watching is seasonal only (i think january and february?). The ship's shore excursion highly recommends sea sickness medication.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pacific Princess (Princess), 11/87
Paradise (Carnival), 4/02
Carnival Legend (Carnival), 3/03
Voyager of the Seas (Royal Caribbean), 11/03
Explorer of the Seas (Royal Caribbean), 11/06
Carnival Valor (Carnival), 9/07
Grandeur of the Seas (Royal Caribbean), 11/07
Norwegian Jewel (NCL), 11/08