Aruba & Curaco excursions

cruising mickey

Hello,

Just wondering if any of CC's LGBT cruisers can suggest any fun excursions in Aruba & Curacao. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated :D

In Aruba the best thing is to rent a car and drive the island yourself. It a small island and you can see it all in the time your on shore. As for Curacao all we have ever done was walk around in the town area. Neither place has any gay bars or beaches if that's what your looking for.

Did you mean 2014 typo? How did you like the breeze? Did they have free steam/sauna?

Not sure about free steam, but they do have a free sauna. Unfortunately, they don't have the large windows looking outside like the Conquest class of ships do. I paid for a day-pass to the regular spa which had aromatherapy steam/sauna which was worth every penny :) enjoy the ship!

Not sure about free steam, but they do have a free sauna. Unfortunately, they don't have the large windows looking outside like the Conquest class of ships do. I paid for a day-pass to the regular spa which had aromatherapy steam/sauna which was worth every penny :) enjoy the ship!

Thank you for the update.

If you want a little beach time, maybe a bit of snorkeling, on a nice, semi-deserted beach, it's cheap and easy to take a bus from town toward Malmok and Boca Catalina Beaches and wander along the shore till you find a spot to your liking. That's what we've always done. Just have to allow enough time to grab a bus back to the ship.

Edited by shepp

• 4 weeks later...

My partner and I have been to Aruba twice, not through a cruise line though.

We have done Red Sail Aruba's snorkel snail tour twice. Its a fun time, two snorkel spots and an opportunity to swim and play on the beach. After that they provide a buffet lunch and open bar!

We loved cas abou beach in Curaçao. A fair taxi ride from port but the most amazing coved beach with excellent snorkelling, small bar serving food and cheap beers and all round excellent experience

• 1 month later...

DH and I will stop there for our 32nd anniversary cruise in October on the Breeze. We booked a "Natural Pool Off Road Adventure" through Carnival in Aruba based on high ratings-- it sounds beautiful. However, we haven't booked anything for Curacao as of yet. It seems like most people just walk around the Willemstadt town? We like to snorkel as well.

I'm hoping to learn a bit from this thread as well.

DH and I will stop there for our 32nd anniversary cruise in October on the Breeze. We booked a "Natural Pool Off Road Adventure" through Carnival in Aruba based on high ratings-- it sounds beautiful. However, we haven't booked anything for Curacao as of yet. It seems like most people just walk around the Willemstadt town? We like to snorkel as well.

I'm hoping to learn a bit from this thread as well.

Boy are you in for a surprise going to "Natural Pool". All I can say is " watch the waves come in."

Hello,

Just wondering if any of CC's LGBT cruisers can suggest any fun excursions in Aruba & Curacao. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated :D

On Aruba..avoid the "Koo Koo Canukoo" tour bus. It starts off fun, but really becomes lame & juvenile. Great beaches are on Aruba,try one of those. On Curacao, we've done island tours,the market sq. near your ship docking is a great place. We did a beach tour lasdt Jan. & loved it. There's no "real" beaches on Curacao, this one was manmade & a lot of fun. Plenty of small restaurants in the area for lunch. Definately check out the floating bridge..but if the siren sounds, really run for it, as it takes over an hour to "reset".