Luggage limit?

JABrown104

Do you use packing cubes? Check out packing cubes on Amazon. It'll save you a lot of space, and even allow you to pack substantially more items into a suitcase without wrinkling your clothes. Perhaps that'll help you in that regard. On my next cruise, I'm strongly considering a service such as luggagefree.com. Being able to mail my luggage to the port would be very convenient and make airports less of a hassle.

you may carry 2 bags each, + a carryon and a backpack but don't know why anyone would. You only need a rollaway carryon and backpack for a 16 day cruise. I wear shorts and Ts during the day, they have laundry onboard, usually 25/bag but each deck has a laundromat. They also have drycleaner.

There is storage for bags under the beds. You are going on a cruise which is like a beach vacation. No one cares what you wear. Mark my word!

you may carry 2 bags each, + a carryon and a backpack but don't know why anyone would. You only need a rollaway carryon and backpack for a 16 day cruise. I wear shorts and Ts during the day, they have laundry onboard, usually 25/bag but each deck has a laundromat. They also have drycleaner.

There is storage for bags under the beds. You are going on a cruise which is like a beach vacation. No one cares what you wear. Mark my word!

They aren't flying. There is no limit on suitcases or carryons. You are thinking a plane.

i am sure i read for my cruise 32 kg limit and up to 2 suitcases checked including not the backpack i had

I'm pretty sure you are talking about flying. OP is driving so no weight limit other then reasonable for lifting each suitcase.

My last cruise I took 4 large suitcases, 1 middle size suitcase, 3 carry on suitcases and a duffle bag. How on earth would the cruise line know? We give our luggage at the sidewalk to the porters before we even enter the terminal. Oh, this was a 4 day cruise from Vancouver to LA.

Before anyone asks I have a home in LA and one in Vancouver and had been bringing stuff back and forth.

Not everyone is able to fit everything into a 20-22" bag and a backpack, no matter how efficiently they pack. Larger people = larger clothes = more space required.

Having said that, for one week, DH and I can fit everything into a 25" and a 21", plus a backpack and tote bag for carry on essentials (electronics, medication, etc).

Do you use packing cubes? It will change the way you pack!

True story - When my dad and I finished the Alaska cruise, the lady at the desk at the Vancouver airport doubted my dad's assertion that his luggage weighed less than 75 lbs. (He weighed it, it was at 74). He put the luggage on the scale and sure enough, it was 74 lbs. The lady then promptly tells my dad "No sir, luggage weighs more if you turn it sideways." My dad looks are her with a state of absolute shock and disbelief, and says "I'll bet $100 that it weighs exactly the same amount." I remember thinking that I didn't recall a stint in Canadian prison on the excursion package... She turns it sideways, and it weighed...74 lbs. She was genuinely shocked and asked my dad how he knew that!

it would be 5 bags plus the carry on backpacks. and really, the duffel will prob only carry our snorkel gear, and shoes.

My goodness that's a lot for 7 days on a ship with no formal nights and self-serve laundry. We take less that much for a family of 5.

You may want to make a list of everything you are bringing and then check off each item as you use it. That way next time you won't pack the things you never used.

Of course it's your vacation and your stuff. Take 20 bags if you so desire.

Edited by Lerin