Specialty Restaurant Dress Codes

Cruise Arizona

I'm sure this question has been asked 1000 times but I did three searches and could not find the specific answer.

Do the specialty restaurants on HAL follow the MDR/Evening dress code or do they have their own dress code, either more dressed up or more casual?

Also, is the evening dress code through out the ship? Just for Restaurants and Theater? Or is their a different minimum for areas out side dining rooms?

I'm sure this question has been asked 1000 times but I did three searches and could not find the specific answer.

Do the specialty restaurants on HAL follow the MDR/Evening dress code or do they have their own dress code, either more dressed up or more casual?

Also, is the evening dress code through out the ship? Just for Restaurants and Theater? Or is their a different minimum for areas out side dining rooms?

HAL susggests that the published suggested dress code for the evening, formal or casual, be followed throughout the ship, including the specialty restaurants.

When we go to the Pinnacle on casual evenings we still dress for dinner as many others do also. However if it is a casual night in the dining room, nobody will say anything if you go dressed casually to the Pinnacle.

It is your choice.

Yes the stated dress code applies. On casual night you may find a few sports coats or suits in the Pinnacle but you will be in the majority if you wear smart casual. Le Cirque was dressier when we went there, I wore a sports coat even though it was a smart casual night and I was glad I did as most men wore a coat.

Yes the stated dress code applies. On casual night you may find a few sports coats or suits in the Pinnacle but you will be in the majority if you wear smart casual. Le Cirque was dressier when we went there, I wore a sports coat even though it was a smart casual night and I was glad I did as most men wore a coat.

Same here for Le Cirque:D not mandatory, but it's a nice meal, why not:D

Smart casual on those nights is fine in the PG - dh has thrown on a sports jacket a few times - but didn't have to;)

Yes! :)

HAL susggests that the published suggested dress code for the evening, formal or casual, be followed throughout the ship, including the specialty restaurants.

When we go to the Pinnacle on casual evenings we still dress for dinner as many others do also. However if it is a casual night in the dining room, nobody will say anything if you go dressed casually to the Pinnacle.

It is your choice.

Nor should they (say anything)! ;)

We just got off the Westerdam and the final formal night we ate in Caneletto. I wore a very nice dress shirt but no Sport jacket. Most men that evening in Caneletto, as well as the first formal evening, were dressed the same. We even saw one women with red running shorts and a sweatshirt. They hid her in the back.

Most, or all of the people we saw in the Main dining room had jackets and ties.

We just got off the Westerdam and the final formal night we ate in Caneletto. I wore a very nice dress shirt but no Sport jacket. Most men that evening in Caneletto, as well as the first formal evening, were dressed the same. We even saw one women with red running shorts and a sweatshirt. They hid her in the back.

this is confusing to me - the Caneletto is more formal, but the men dressed more casually? No jacket, but jackets worn in the MDR?

this is confusing to me - the Caneletto is more formal, but the men dressed more casually? No jacket, but jackets worn in the MDR?

Yes, That was the case on both formal nights.

We ate in the Lido on the first formal night, but took a look at Caneletto and saw many people dressed nice, but definitely not formal. We asked if that would be a problem on the other formal night and they said "Not at all, what time would you like?".

My guess would be less than 25% had jackets in Caneletto on each night, and at least 90% had jackets in the MDR.

I would not have had a problem eating in the Lido on both formal nights because we packed light and did not bring formal wear.

If you have concerns, please go to Caneletto on the first night and ask specifically what they will accept.

Safe travels.

I always assumed that the Lido was an exception to the dress rules? I always attend Formal Nights personally because the food tends to be better...

In practice few people will be dressed formally in the Lido on formal nights. In fact some might not even be dressed "smart casual". :p

We've eaten in Caneletto twice on the Westerdam and to call it more formal would be a stretch. In fact it's just an area of the open dining area near the noon buffet pasta station that they simi close off, set the tables & take reservations for in the evening. Although many have recommened it as being excellent, we didn't find anything extraordinary about the food and ate there only for a change from the main dining.

Lido and Canaletto dress code is always really 'come as you are' unlike Pinnacle and MDR which follow the dress code. The daily guides indicate the dress code, theoretically ( but not actually) enforced in the MDR, and not really enforced or even mentioned elsewhere in the evening ( show room, the bar above he bridge area, etc.). I have observed people at other MDR tables on formal (Westerdam recently)nights wearing shirts(men)only, tops with slacks or skirts only (women), suggesting the dress code is not enforced, altough I have not challenged it.

The dress code in Canaletto on formal nights is NOT formal wear! ;)

Archived