Price of Xpedition to Galapogos

SandyR5

HI - Anyone book this trip. Looks great. The brochure you can download doesn't give prices. I'm wondering if anyone knows just how much Celebrity charges? Anyone book it online? Thanks.

Sandy/Long Island NY

Hi Sandy,

I've booked this cruise for April 2005. The cruise itself starts around $2000/person. Most TA and websites are selling the 10 or 11 day packages that include 2 nights pre-cruise and 1 or 2 nights post cruise in Quito and airfare to/from Quito/Balta. This package starts around $3000/person. Prices will vary depending on the time of year and the type of cabin you'd like. Airfare to Quito is not included in this price. You will need at least one night pre-cruise in either Quito or Guayaquil as flights to the Galapagos are early morning.

Anyone who sells Celebrity well most likely sell this cruise. There are lots of websites out there that show the price for the different times of the year and will show you the yacht's layout. You can also call Celebrity directly for a price quote. If you want to look at other yachts that sail the Galapagos, do a search for Galapagos Tour Operators. There are many out there.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Sandy,

I've booked this cruise for April 2005. The cruise itself starts around $2000/person. Most TA and websites are selling the 10 or 11 day packages that include 2 nights pre-cruise and 1 or 2 nights post cruise in Quito and airfare to/from Quito/Balta. This package starts around $3000/person. Prices will vary depending on the time of year and the type of cabin you'd like. Airfare to Quito is not included in this price. You will need at least one night pre-cruise in either Quito or Guayaquil as flights to the Galapagos are early morning.

Anyone who sells Celebrity well most likely sell this cruise. There are lots of websites out there that show the price for the different times of the year and will show you the yacht's layout. You can also call Celebrity directly for a price quote. If you want to look at other yachts that sail the Galapagos, do a search for Galapagos Tour Operators. There are many out there.

Hi kcsc! Haven't received the brochure yet. Are all shore excursions included in the price? If you book the packages through Celebrity (but not air to Quito but yes hotel), will Celebrity provide all of the air/land transfers and coordination?

Thanks, Richard

SandyR5 & XFed2001,

I called Celebrity a few months back and got some pricing for the 11 day trip in November, 11/19 - 11/30. The following is on 3 different cabin categories, with air. The air is out of LosAngeles. This includes the excursions, if I remember right. The trip is kind of all inclusive, at least it was when I called.

XS - $4959.00 pp

XP - $4419.00 pp

XD - $4319.00 pp

Bill

I just paid for my July 9 - 10 day trip for our family of 4, two staterooms - one XS ($3860 per person) and one XDS ($3203 per person) for a total of $14,126 without air. We were quoted an additional $680 coach and $1,850 business per person for air from Miami. We booked our own non-stop on LAN Ecuador for $1,310 business. The coach fare on Lan was about $475. Basically this trip costs at least $4,000 per person.

We booked through Celebrity and took the extra days in Quito. I think it was well worth it and there is a certain sense of security knowing that they are looking after every detail. Its certainly worth the extra money.

We are leaving on the Infinity on Jan 3rd going from Ft Lauderdale to Valpariso. We love Celebrity, and South America. We had thought about going around the Horn again, but that ship is sold out, and then the Galapagos came up. (We've done the SA trip to BA twice, and love it)

What cruise quick did was get our air from Minneapolis to Ft Lauderdale and Quito to Minneapolis. We are going to stay in Santiago a few days, and then fly up to Quito on our own.

The Celebrity air was about $700 which I thought was really good.

The $3000 included the air to the Galapagos and back and the 2 days post in quito and 1 day post. I thought it was a good price. It was $1000 less than Celebrity wanted, as there were only 3 cabins left.

SandyR5 & XFed2001,

I called Celebrity a few months back and got some pricing for the 11 day trip in November, 11/19 - 11/30. The following is on 3 different cabin categories, with air. The air is out of LosAngeles. This includes the excursions, if I remember right. The trip is kind of all inclusive, at least it was when I called.

XS - $4959.00 pp

XP - $4419.00 pp

XD - $4319.00 pp

Bill

Bill: Thanks for the info. Richard

Just booked 11/7 package through Celebrity. From Phoenix the prices were quoted as follows:

Oceanview - $3,757

Deluxe Oceanview - $3,957

Premium Oceanview- $4,057

Everything is included in the package price. Cruise, transfers, 2 nights pre cruise at Marriott Quito, Quito City Tour, Airfare Phoenix to Quito and Quito to Baltra, Galapagos Islands tours with naturalists, all food and beverages including non-premium alcohol. The fare is completely refundable within 70 days of cruise date. I was advised that we may also change the date if need be. Having booked other cruises and then coordinate the airfare, transfers, etc., it was a breath of fresh air to have Celebrity say "let us do the work for you!" I checked the prices for airfare & hotel prior to booking, and I realized that I could not have coordinated this myself for less $$.

I was also impressed by the way Celebrity's travel person handled my reservation. Very efficient, friendly, knowledgeable, courteous... I cannot give enough kudos. So far -- very impressed with Celebrity.

We are really looking forward to this trip.

Ingrid

• 3 weeks later...

Ingrid295,

Sounds like you booked a nice pkg. Remember your tips for crew and the naturalists is all incl. as well!:)

Merriem,

Any chance that you'll be hooking up to the 1/14/05 Xpedition? Couldn't quite tell from your Infinity sailing first when you'll actually be doing the Galapagos. We're on the 1/14. Can't wait!:D

Hi - Thanks for posting the prices you paid for the trip. I'd really be curious to see how the prices differ for the different times of the year. I have no idea when the "best" or "better" times are to travel to the Galapagos. We are definitely going to do this trip next year. We are already booked for Summit in February/March...and 3 other non-cruise trips before that. While onboard the Summit we'll speak to the person in charge of future cruises and get the different prices. Again, thanks for giving me an idea of the pricing. :)

We will still be sailing down from Ft Lauderdale on the Infinity. On the 20th we fly to Quito after three days in Santiago, and then our 10 day package starts on the 21st. Sorry we will miss you by a week. This trip seems like a real winner. Bet the prices will not be this low next year. Have a great time.

The week you travel definitely makes a difference in the price you pay. When I was in the process of booking our trip, the price quoted for the week between Xmas and New Years was $2,000 per person higher than the price quoted for the week of Thanksgiving (which is the week we ended up going). I would bet that other non-holiday weeks are even less expensive.

1990 Sheraton "Anni" - Nile Cruise

1994 Royal Olympic "Triton" - Greek Isles

1998 Windjammer "Fantome" - Honduras Bay Islands

1999 Windjammer "Polynesia" - Grenadines

2000 Radisson Seven Seas "Paul Gauguin" - Tahiti

2001 Windjammer "Legacy" - ABC Islands

2002 "Dawn" Princess - Alaska

2003 Carnival "Fascination" - Bahamas

• 2 weeks later...

BunnyBear,

The Galapagoes is rated as the single greatest marine preserve in the World, with Midway Island being considered number two by the National Park Service.

I looked at going there in the past on smaller vessels and yachts. The cost was just as high as Celebrity but the living conditions were primitive to say the least.

We are going in March, come join us.

John

We need to decide when it will work with our schedules. I hope to read more information. We also plan on talking to the Celebrity rep on the Summit in September. We have some questions and ofcourse, price is one of them.

It sounds like a once in a lifetime opportunity to go see something that always interested me. I read this morning that snorkeling is fabulous - what a great incentive for me.

I have requested a brochure from Celebrity.

Keep the reviews and information coming.

Karen from Houston

For those of you who are still trying to decide whether to book this trip or not, you may want to read some of the other threads about Celebrity no longer allowing their cruises to be discounted effective August 16. It is my understanding RCCL and Celebrity will no longer allow travel agents (of any sort) to discount the price of their cruises below RCCL and Celebrity's book prices. Just a heads up for you undecideds!

Archived