Mullett bay

vanrrr

Are there taxis waiting there to take you back to port

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No not at Mullet. Not yet anyhow but hopefully soon as this beach is becoming a little more popular with cruisers. You do have a few options though. Try to arrange a pick up with the driver who drops you. Eat at Rosie's and ask them to call you a taxi. Walk over to the Maho entertainment area 7-8 minutes away or over to Maho beach 15 minutes away.

Rosie's is a little beach shack with wonderful chicken and ribs. Located at Mullet Bay Beach. Can't go to Mullett without eating at Rosie's!

You make me want to try this place now. I've been to Mullet a couuple of dozen times and I have never eaten there. What do you recommend?

How far of can ride is baie Rouge

From port

And is it easy to get cabsto pick you up

I have never gone their from the port or town. My guess is 35 minutes but I will double check that estimate with my DH and get back to you.:)

Thanks are there cabs waiting to take you back

I have never seen a taxi there. It is not a beach frequented by cruisers and it's not near the port or near hotel ect. That is why I suggested that you rent a cr to go there.

Mullet is really nice and because of its close proximity to the Maho Entertainment district and Maho beach which is very touristy you will be able to find a cab nearby.

You make me want to try this place now. I've been to Mullet a couuple of dozen times and I have never eaten there. What do you recommend?

We like Rosie's, but avoid them later in the day -- they seemed to be offering 'stems and seeds' in lieu of fresh ribs and salads during our last (later in the day) visit.

gary

Have the 'facilities' improved at Baie Rouge?

Haven't been there for a while.

gary

I don't think so but they were going to go to Mullet and they have a port-o-potty.

Do you have an idea? I like Baie Plum as its quiet but there are no loungers or bathrooms.

It's tough finding a quiet beach that has loungers, is quiet and pretty.

Would Friars be a better choice? I think it's pretty but I don't think that yo are a fan.

I don't think so but they were going to go to Mullet and they have a port-o-potty.

Do you have an idea? I like Baie Plum as its quiet but there are no loungers or bathrooms.

It's tough finding a quiet beach that has loungers, is quiet and pretty.

Would Friars be a better choice? I think it's pretty but I don't think that yo are a fan.

Plum/Prune is great, but there is nothing there.

Friars, I don't like the beach/rocks.

Le Galion???

gary

Plum/Prune is great, but there is nothing there.

Friars, I don't like the beach/rocks.

Le Galion???

gary

The nothing there is what makes Plum so attractive to us. It's perfect for 60-90 minutes which is about how much time we like to spend at a time on a beach.

Friars has those rocks in the centre to prevent beach erosion sometimes but I think other than that its pretty.

Le Galion has it for pretty in a very authentic Caribbean beach way and facilities but the last times that I have visited I wouldn't say that it's quiet. It is a favourite of ours though.

How about Mary's Boon on Simpson Bay? I hear that they are renting chairs now. It's a charming place. It's close to Karacter's but perhaps far enough to make it quiet enough. Lovely long beach. Needs more palm trees IMO but I love it for walking. It's close to the airport runway but far enough that noise shouldn't really be an issue.

Some of the restaurants at Grand Case beach have loungers and are free for customers. I like the vibe in Grand Case. Ok and the food lol. It's a must on a cruise stop day for me.:D. Around Calmos Cafe ( is it open :mad: post hurricane?) can get busy but the rest doesn't seem to be. The view is really nice for sure.

If we do come up with a quiet, pretty beach with loungers and facilities it probably won't be quiet for long.:D

• 2 weeks later...