Are Carnival doing away with live music ?

deebeetee61

The daughter of a friend of mine who has recently obtained work with Carnival, has told me that all "Live" Music, that is the bands etc on board will be phased out in 2015. Can anyone confirm this ? My wife and I are cruising in June next year and if there is no live music, we love the bands in bars etc, we will have to find another line other than Princess. I couldn't imagine anything worse than Karaoke and DJ's that only play the music they like all over the ship. This is my first post, sorry if it is too long.

Cheers,

Deetbeetee. If it is true then:(

I wouldn't be too surprised if most of the live music gets phased out. The piano bar & a soloist or 2 might remain on each ship, but the rest might be gone. Half the ships have already gotten rid of all live music for the stage shows, and this keeps spreading, so that could be what she was hearing about also. One of my favorite bands, whose key members have become friends of mine, is having their contract ending in 2015, and they don't know if it will be renewed. They have made peace with it if it is the end, but I'd hate to see them & the others like them go.

If Carnival can get away with cutting all or almost all live music, they will. Many people are praising the Breeze to no end, and that ship has awful shows in the theater with no live music, 1 band elsewhere, and a couple soloists. Less live music than I had on ships 1/3 the size. I guess all it takes is name brand burgers these days. So if that strategy keeps on working, live music will keep diminishing. Sad to say.

Edited by k2excursion

I don't believe it either. John Heald has been asking about what type of music you want to hear and such. I doubt he would be asking about that if they were going away from all live music. But, only time will tell.

I know of at least one band that has such a loyal fan base that people book their cruises based on what ship they are on! I hope this isn't true! Music Boardwalk was the highlight of our last cruise!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm really hoping its not true and the reason I started this thread was in the hope that Carnival may hear about it and if there is enough reaction so to speak, keep live music on board. I have some other information but to publish it would identify the young girl and I don't want to so that.

Again Cheers,

DT

The daughter of a friend of mine who has recently obtained work with Carnival, has told me that all "Live" Music, that is the bands etc on board will be phased out in 2015. Can anyone confirm this ? My wife and I are cruising in June next year and if there is no live music, we love the bands in bars etc, we will have to find another line other than Princess. I couldn't imagine anything worse than Karaoke and DJ's that only play the music they like all over the ship. This is my first post, sorry if it is too long.

Cheers,

Deetbeetee. If it is true then:(

Maybe they will be doing away with the Carnival Live promotion where they bring actual artist to perform a concert on board?

If she is a new employee of Carnival, she might want to be very careful before making those types of statements in the age of social media ;)

Regardless of cruise line, onboard product presentations are in a constant state of evolution to find the right onboard combination to meet guests expectations

i think it is awesome how Carnival keeps it's low level entertainment staff informed with it's 18 month secret plans.

I am 3 levels away from the CEO, worked here for 15 years, and they dont tell us anything until it happens!

would be great to work with a company that shares it's secrets so wide spread.

The bands she is referring to are probably the big 10 piece orchestras that backed up the production shows on the ships that still have them.

Last one I saw was Charley Garret and a 10 -12 piece band last October on the Freedom.