Senior rates available now for SOS!

copnlpn2

We're doing a 4-day Bahamas cruise leaving Oct. 23 aboard the Sovereign of the Seas. I booked the trip nearly a year ago and have monitored the rates nearly every day since then. Have already received two minor price reductions (approx $36 on the 3 cabins we reserved).

BUT Friday when I checked the RCCL website, I noticed they had posted not only senior discount rates, but priced drops on nearly all cabins regardless of age. The rate for my Deck 2 Oceanview dropped $90, which I re-applied to get an Oceanview on Deck 9 instead. I had also booked two Cat N cabins (2 people in each) and got anothe $90 each off those rooms!

So all in all I saved $270, using $90 of that to upgrade one of our three cabins...and still came out $180 ahead!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Kc320 - In case you're interested, *****.com has a special section dedicated to senior discounts. I check their site often...

BTW, after thinking about it, I upgraded our other two cabins, too, and still saved $10!

Hope your Halloween experience onboard is better than ours last year aboard the Mariner. We all brought special costumes, but there were very little special Halloween activities, other than a parade of costumes along the Promenade.:(

Happy sailing!

Cindy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi , to all the happy seniors! My husband & I are new to this posting business, so, hopefully this will work? We are curious as to whether the Senior discount is also available to Canadians,.... we are booked for the Serenade of the seas, cruising to Hawaii on the 24th SEPT; o6, but, our travel agent didn't mention anything about sen: discounts,thanks for anyand all info: :)

Visland - can you call RCCL without it being a long-distance call? I'd ask them directly about senior rates for non-Americans. If you can't call them for free, let me know and I'll call for you and post the info here.

BTW - I did check the newest (just posted minutes ago) Promowaves sales list for your cruise, but didn't see it listed among those on sale...

check it out at:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/promowave/RCL.pdf

Cindy

Thank you, so much for your response, I do appreciate it, Yes! I will certainly check it out with RCCL, but, It is probably too late now, however, we will be informed for future travel. Thanks again for your kindness.

Rebecca

Hi Cindy, I did check with RCCL. and was put on hold, ( listening to their commercials!!) several times, so I eventually gave up, at my age , time is too precious, ha.ha. Anyway, our T.A. told us that there was no discount on this cruise..... also, I checked out the Promowave page that you mentioned, however we will sure be prepared in our future travels. Thanks again for your input.

Rebecca :) :) :)

Archived