Award notification for free cruise and 2 airfares

Rocky123

I just received a letter from Cruise advisor stating if I go to a 90 minute presentation I get a free Carnival cruise for 2. Also 2 free airfares to anywhere in the USA. The presentation is in New Jersey.

Did anyone go to this presentation??? Any feed back would be great!

I haven't received that one but have gotten similar ones in the past. I just throw them away now. I researched some of them and those timeshare type places have so many restrictions on that stuff that you end up paying a good bit more than "free". To me it just isn't worth the hassle of dealing with it.

I was told this is a travel agency that is advertising their services. They want to promote what they have to offer for new customers.

They told me it's not for a timeshare!

thanks

PS Just to good to be true and wondering if anyone did go to this one in NJ.

A friend of mine got one and called about it. She was told that it was a presentation for a travel club, and the attendees had to be married. She is divorced, so she asked if she could give the offer to a friend (meaning me, since she knew that I liked cruising), but I wasn't interested.

as the one poster stated, there are so many restrictions. The free room is basically a 1A which is technically the bunk bed rooms, though if you get the ones in the way front (I have on purpose my first cruise) it was a twin and a sleep couch. You still have to pay the port fee's and taxes. and then if the room is not available for the cruise you want, then they get the upsell for you to book a regular inside, or even more an upsell if you book a balcony. In some ways you may save, but again, so many no's, maybe's etc is it worth your 2 hours of time for their "timeshare/travel club" presentation.

Only you can make that choice.

We live in NJ and all three of us (me, DH, and sister) all got the offer. I never called but my sister did. She said you had to go through a presentation. And you can only use it for cruises 5 days or more if you're married or in a domestic partnership. Single folks had a choice of 2 and 3 day sailings. Sounds like classic timeshare deal to me. None of us bothered with it.

I just received a letter from Cruise advisor stating if I go to a 90 minute presentation I get a free Carnival cruise for 2. Also 2 free airfares to anywhere in the USA. The presentation is in New Jersey.

Did anyone go to this presentation??? Any feed back would be great!

Does it sound like this?

http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/state/new-jersey-sues-travel-club-companies-for-consumer-fraud

I got a call from an agency last weekend for a similar offer. It was offering several vacations which included two cruises and a vacation stay at Disney for $658pp. In the first few minutes of the call I told the agent I wasn't interested as I deal directly with merchant/service companies and not third parties, including travel agencies, but he didn't get the message, so I just put him on mute while he continued his spiel. I didn't hang up like I would normally do, but continued my house chores while he went through the whole thing for 15 minutes finally ending up with the cost/deposit that was due that day. I guess he thought I would give a random stranger from an unknown company my cc over the phone. NOT!!!!