Did Specialty Restaurants Price's Go Up?

Cruiser21

Went online tonight to book my specialty restaurants and the Tuscan Grill is now $35 per person and Murano is $45 per person. Do they Increase the the price closer to sailing date? I sail next week on Reflection.

Went online tonight to book my specialty restaurants and the Tuscan Grill is now $35 per person and Murano is $45 per person. Do they Increase the the price closer to sailing date? I sail next week on Reflection.

Wow...I just checked my Summit sailing in May. Yes! $45 Murano and Qsine!

$90 extra per dinner for two is getting a bit much in my opinion.

Yap. Celebrity told me they were going up last week, when I called in to pay my 123Go premium upgrade fees.

Thanks for the heads up. :p Kidding! :D

I wonder how far they can go before they lose bookings. Lost mine. I love the food in the MDR and wanted to try Qsine...but that extra $10 just bugs me. Did the dining packages rise as well? Perhaps they are hoping to sell more of those.

You can recoup that $5/pp by removing your auto gratuity and tipping your MDR staff in cash on the days you see them.

problem.png

I already thought $40 was too large a supplement for dinner, so I opt out. On my next cruise if I can get a 50% off then I'll try the "SS United States" (or maybe QSine) on Infinity. Bistro on Five, however, is worth the supplement over the lunch buffet to me, but not my wife.

LOL! It never occurred to me. :-D We had already decided we weren't gonna go to any specialty restaurants, so I just ignored it. Dang! I had an actual scoop item, and I didn't post it.

Sent by Sam1 and her S3

Thanks for the heads up. :p Kidding! :D

I wonder how far they can go before they lose bookings. Lost mine. I love the food in the MDR and wanted to try Qsine...but that extra $10 just bugs me. Did the dining packages rise as well? Perhaps they are hoping to sell more of those.

I was going to say the same thing, Thanks for the heads up, Not.

I wonder how far they can go before they lose bookings.

On our recent Reflection sailing, both Murano and Qsine were booming. Clearly demand was exceeding supply so it doesn't surprise me that the price has gone up. Disappointing, but it's Economics 101.

LOL! It never occurred to me. :-D We had already decided we weren't gonna go to any specialty restaurants, so I just ignored it. Dang! I had an actual scoop item, and I didn't post it.

Sent by Sam1 and her S3

Haha! We would have fawned all over you for that scoop. Oh well!

Anyhoo...if they are indeed holding the price of the Specialty Dining Packages it looks to me like they are trying to make those more appealing - enticing people to buy 3 to 5 specialty dinners will bring in more money.

Or......it could all blow up in their faces. :p :cool:

EDIT/ just read waterbug's post above.....okay then - guess I'm just cheap. *winks*

Yesterday on Reflection the dining staff all received a briefing in the MDR about the price increases for specialty restaurants. I did not hear the entire briefing but there was discussion about pending price increases and the possibility of increased burden on the MDR staff due to fewer guests choosing specialty restaurants.

I decided when we were on our last cruise in January that our specialty dining days were coming to an end. We've always enjoyed our dining experiences in them but once the price point hit $40 for Lawn Grille, Murano and Qsine that was it. Now that they have gone up again, they've made it easy for us. Won't be a consideration on our next Celebrity cruise.

Spent lots of time on the phone with my Celebrity rep on Friday and the results were disappointing. We wanted to purchase a $225 celebration pkg. for my parents upcoming cruise and move one of the specialty restaurants to another night. Would they do it? Yes but by canceling and rebooking and charging us the higher price. They checked with management but no luck. I hope you have more success.

Very disappointing.

Liz

Gig103 said: "You can recoup that $5/pp by removing your auto gratuity and tipping your MDR staff in cash on the days you see them."

Oh, please don't. The auto gratuity goes to all those servers who take care of you throughout the day, not just at the dinner in the MDR. The ones who serve at the breakfast in the MDR, or Aqua Spa Cafe, or the buffet, the hamburger grill staff, the ones who give out snacks at Cafe al Bacio. It's not just a gratuity for the dinner service but for the whole day's service no matter where it takes place

Does anyone know what will happen if reservations were already made and paid for, but the prices have now gone up? Thanks!

I would think you are ok. They usually start the new price as of a

certain date. I booked a while ago for my upcoming cruise too and it

is paid in full. I would not expect to be charged an additional 5.00.

Gig103 said: "You can recoup that $5/pp by removing your auto gratuity and tipping your MDR staff in cash on the days you see them."

Oh, please don't. The auto gratuity goes to all those servers who take care of you throughout the day, not just at the dinner in the MDR. The ones who serve at the breakfast in the MDR, or Aqua Spa Cafe, or the buffet, the hamburger grill staff, the ones who give out snacks at Cafe al Bacio. It's not just a gratuity for the dinner service but for the whole day's service no matter where it takes place

I'm not personally inclined to do it, but the argument that the MDR people serve breakfast and lunch doesn't make a lot of sense to me - specialty restaurant staff work the other venues as well, don't they?

Does anyone know what will happen if reservations were already made and paid for, but the prices have now gone up? Thanks!

Based on past experiences here, anything paid for is honored at the old rate, even gratuities (the last time they went up).

Archived