Archie Tours

lnrc

Hello....Has anyone used them? They were referred to me by Bonaire vista tours which is filled the day we are going there. Please let me know if anyone has info. We are looking to book a tour which takes us to see the flamingos both in the south and north areas of bonaire.

Hello....Has anyone used them? They were referred to me by Bonaire vista tours which is filled the day we are going there. Please let me know if anyone has info. We are looking to book a tour which takes us to see the flamingos both in the south and north areas of bonaire.

We went with Achie tours earlier this month and really enjoyed the 3.5 hour tour. The tour guide was very informative and their tour buses are very clean and modern looking. They took us all over the island from north to south, so we saw the flamingos, salt fields, slave huts, etc. We would highly recommend Achie tours!

• 2 months later...
We went with Achie tours earlier this month and really enjoyed the 3.5 hour tour. The tour guide was very informative and their tour buses are very clean and modern looking. They took us all over the island from north to south, so we saw the flamingos, salt fields, slave huts, etc. We would highly recommend Achie tours!

I just got back from a Royal Caribbean cruise and went on the Achie Tour. Our tour guide was Pahle who was very knowledgeable and funny. The bus was comfortable and clean but this is not a picture taking tour. We spent most of the 3-3.5 hours in the bus. We drove past the flamingos - didn't stop and get out but they slowed down. We drove past the salt flats but did not get out of the bus. We made three stops where we actually got out of the bus. A small souvenir stand, and religious monument and the slave quarters. We didn't see the lighthouse. If you want to take pictures of the island this is not the tour to go on.

Several others on our cruise hired a cab and went to many of the same places we did and also stopped at a distillery for a taste of the alcohol distilled from the cactus.

• 2 weeks later...

We really enjoyed our tour with Achie. Pahle was also our guide and she was very entertaining and informative. We did an abbreviated tour, 2.5 hours so we could spend some time at a "beach". Bonaire doesn't really have the typical white sand beaches that are common in the Caribbean so we opted for a resort close to the ship (Divi Flamingo) that had a tiny strip of beach, a restaurant, beach bar and restrooms.

We loved Bonaire and can't wait to go back.

• 1 month later...

I went on Achie tours a week ago, It was a wonderful tour of the whole island of Bonaire. There buses are all new and very clean. The tour begins with a drive through the small capital of Kralendijk and continues on through the residential and resort areas. The tour will continue to the hilly northern part of the island which is still in its natural state. While driving along, the driver will be on the lookout for birds, iguanas, and donkeys. There will be stop at Goto Lake for enjoying the beautiful scenery. There will be an opportunity to enjoy watching the native flamingoes as they feed in the lake. The tour continues on to the oldest village in the Dutch Caribbean—Rincon. If necessary, there will be a restroom stop in the village. The next stop will be an overlook area in the middle of the island where the entire southern part of the island can be seen—including the harbor with the cruise ship. After a brief stop, the tour will continue through the main villages to the flat southern part of the island. Here you can see how salt is made from sea water. The bus turns around at the historic slave huts that were built in 1850. At this stop, there will be an opportunity to see a variety of corals, enjoy the beautiful sea, and take pictures of the huts.

During the tour, the knowledgeable guide will explain what is being seen as well as telling about island life. This was a great tour for the $. Achie tours does not have a web site. You can email them at: achietoursbonaire@yahoo.com They were very easy to work with, always got back to me and answered all my questions. Tell them Nancy said Hi

Edited by nans vacation