5. the berry panna cotta is yummy

6. you will feel relaxed

7. it doesn't feel crowded

8. it is easy to navigate around

9. the Tamarind is excellent

etc., etc., etc....

Can you tell I love the ship?:D

Edited by TrolleyGirl

Her interior decor is the best in the fleet. Very plush, quiet colors. A lovely ship. Look for the New York theme presented in many ways throughout the ship. Particularly the Big Apple sculpture. We love the smaller HAL ships, but were relieved when we chose the NA recently if/when we finally have to move up to the larger ships as the smaller ones fall out of service, the NA will be a welcome choice.

We're sailing on her in July to Alaska, having sailed on her sister ship the Eurodam on New Years, we are looking forward to our cruise. We loved the Eurodam so we know what we can look forward to.

Allan

You should know -

1. its a beautiful ship

2. the crew is wonderful and always smiling

3. you will enjoy yourself

4. there are gorgeous live flower arrangements everywhere

5. the berry panna cotta is yummy

6. you will feel relaxed

7. it doesn't feel crowded

8. it is easy to navigate around

9. the Tamarind is excellent

etc., etc., etc....

Can you tell I love the ship?:D

I specifically agree with 9#. The food there is wonderful. The problem is, you would never pass it during a cruise, since it's really out of the way. As a result, most people don't even know it's there. We eat there at least twice every cruise.

It's a lovely ship. The service, food, etc, on the NA helped restore our faith in HAL. I didn't think we'd like the bigger ship, but we did. Will sail on her any chance we get, and we both regret not having chosen the NA for our Alaska cruise this year.

I specifically agree with 9#. The food there is wonderful. The problem is, you would never pass it during a cruise, since it's really out of the way. As a result, most people don't even know it's there. We eat there at least twice every cruise.

When you say it's really out of the way, where is it located, how will we find it. We are sailing in November and I like to be prepared.

When you say it's really out of the way, where is it located, how will we find it. We are sailing in November and I like to be prepared.

The Tamarind is in the middle of the ship on one of the top decks. You need to take the middle bank of elevators to reach it from the inside, though you can walk outdoors I suppose if you take another elevator that goes up that high. Think of it like getting to the Crows Nest, except this is the same thing in the middle of the ship - no sweeping views but a lovely separate "pod" of its own.

Then for the next secret, is you find the stairs that go two floors up to the very private sun deck on top of the Tamarind restaurant. Few know about that too. So you have the Silk Den bar on one side and the Tamarind restaurant on the other once you get off the right elevators on the right floor, after you figure you did not end up in a high end Manhattan night club restaurant through some galactic "worm hole". Nope, you are really on a good old HAL ship after all.

Her interior decor is the best in the fleet. Very plush, quiet colors. A lovely ship. Look for the New York theme presented in many ways throughout the ship. Particularly the Big Apple sculpture. We love the smaller HAL ships, but were relieved when we chose the NA recently if/when we finally have to move up to the larger ships as the smaller ones fall out of service, the NA will be a welcome choice.

While the NA is likely my favorite ship I think the koningsdam has the best interior of any hal ship. I do like contemporary decor.

Our secret hideaway!

The Tamarind is wonderful to go up to the Silk Den and enjoy cocktails and the view before dinner! It is never crowded and we have also enjoyed appitizers Which are plentiful and sooo good. We stayed there and cancelled our dinner one night!

So relaxing too!

Denise:)

You need to take the middle bank of elevators to reach it from the inside, though you can walk outdoors I suppose if you take another elevator that goes up that high.
Nope. The only other elevators that go to deck 11 are forward, at the Crow's Nest. You can not walk back outside on that level - you have to go down to deck 10 and then up again at mid-ship.

Our secret hideaway!

The Tamarind is wonderful to go up to the Silk Den and enjoy cocktails and the view before dinner! It is never crowded and we have also enjoyed appitizers Which are plentiful and sooo good. We stayed there and cancelled our dinner one night!

So relaxing too!

Denise:)

Since I have never cruised before...do you pay extra to have the appetizers and would the cocktails be included in your Explore 4 package if they're under $7?? Thanks!

Since I have never cruised before...do you pay extra to have the appetizers and would the cocktails be included in your Explore 4 package if they're under $7?? Thanks!

We have seen hot appetizers are passed through the Crows Nest bar during certain times which are complimentary. Assuming this would be the case in other bar venues too.

• 2 weeks later...
Nope. The only other elevators that go to deck 11 are forward, at the Crow's Nest. You can not walk back outside on that level - you have to go down to deck 10 and then up again at mid-ship.

Looking at the deck plans, that seems to be accurate. Thank you for that info.:)

Wondering if there are any things I should know about this ship before sailing?:)

You might want to consider booking a Family Cabana for your group.Or if they are already booked, get 2 of the regular size. Up at the Retreat, not the Lido. It's a wonderful way to spend you day on the ship.

Yes, those cocktails would be included. We were on the Niew Amsterdam last year in Alaska with the Explore4 package. Interesting stemless glassware is used for Martini-style drinks. Silk Den and Tamarind are our favorites.