Zipline Adventure, in Ixtapa HELP!

wack001

Folks, does anybody have any information on the zipline adventure in Ixtapa?

1. How does it compare to the zipline in PV?

2. Do they have any local tours besides the one offered by the ship?

3. Your thoughts Please. I SELDOM go with the ship excursions,

Thanks

The description of the zipline adventure in the brochure and what actually takes place are totally different.:( After the 30-40 minute drive thru town (our bus was not air conditioned) you get to the site. You will be asked if you want to be in the fast group of walkers or slow group (I chose fast..bad move).

If you choose fast, be prepared to carry the zipline equipment. This equipment is not just for you, but you are also carrying it for the slow walkers. The walk to the first platform is completely uphill and trying to do this with the equipment can be difficult (since the equipment weights 15 pounds!!!) You definately have to be physically fit to do this. There were marthoner in my group, and they could not believe the walk we went thru.

After the fast walkers finish the three ziplines( which are so much fun!!!), you are then given the equipmet to walk it back up the hill again, so the other group can go.

All and all, the ziplining part is a blast and I would definately do it again. But, it is the walk up hill that is a problem.

So, if you are physically fit this would be a nice adventure for you.

Did anyone else experience this??

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to post something trying to get information about this earlier and did not get a response. I did notice the Ixtapa is $125 thru our ship and PV is only $85. Everyone seems to love the PV one,but not too many have done the Ixtapa one,but there is not as much to do there as in PV. Decisons are so hard! Someone please help us decide

Archived