Description and Photos of All Ships' Gyms

Brucemcdou

Hi - I thought it would be useful for everyone to start a list of the equipment of the equipment available on different ships, with photos, if available.

I'll start, for the Celebrity Infinity. This description and the photos should be identical or similar for all of Celebrity's Millennium-class ships: Millennium, Constellation, Infinity and Summit.

The Infinity has a large, well-lit gym at the top, front of the ship with a wall of windows facing forward. Half of the gym is a wood-floored aerobics area, the other half is filled with weight and cardio equipment. There is a relatively small free-weight area with dumbells and various benches. As shown in the attached photos, the equipment consists of the following:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AYt2jRs4btGIX

Five benches: two flat, two incline adjustable, and one decline adjustable.

Dumbells from 5 to 50 lbs, plus 1-10 lbs handweights.

Multiple Swiss balls, mats, and steps.

16 Spinning bikes.

14 Treadmills, facing the forward windows.

2 rowing machines.

4 recumbent bikes.

4 "regular" bikes.

6 Steppers

4 eliptical trainers

16-piece Nautilus weight set. (The ergonomics aren't great, but it's very complete).

The gym is part of the spa, which has large mens and women's locker rooms; each with day lockers and showers, along with towels, razors, puffs, etc. There is a large dry sauna in each of the locker rooms, with a dramatic round window facing the sea. There is a coed steam room area (the "Persian Gardens) with an extra charge of $30/day or $99 for a 7 day cruise. There is also a large Thallassotherapy pool attached to the spa, with various high-pressure water jets to massage sore muscles, and two bubble beds.

How about describing some other ships?

• 1 year later...

Hi - here is a link to photos of the gym on the Royal Caribbean ship Jewel of the Seas:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AYt2jRs4btGOP&notag=1

Although I haven't been on them, this gym should be substantially the same as those on other Radiance-class ships, the Radiance of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas, and Sovereign of the Seas (?).

The gym is on deck 12, and the spa and mens and women's locker rooms are on deck 11. There are small mens and women's rest rooms next to the gym entrances, but no locker rooms on deck 12. There are nice tile showers, sauna and steam rooms included free of charge in each of the locker areas in the spa on deck 11, plus there is a coed "thermal suite" with all that plus scented showers and heated tile loungers for which you had to pay a fee. The thermal suite also has a wall of windows on the water.

I won't list all the equipment in the gym as it should be obvious from the photos. The ship offered the usual array of classes and instruction, including some very good spinning, yoga and Pilates classes for $10 charge. Stretching, "abs buns and tums" and regular aerobics classes were offered free of charge.

One thing of particular note is that the free weight dumbells went up to 100 lbs; much more useful than the normal ships' gyms that only go up to 40 lbs or so.

Come on - some other people need to post their photos as well!

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I don't have any photos... never got around to taking them :rolleyes: but I was just on the Crown Princess last month and was verry impressed. All the other 'Grand Class' Princess ships I had been on had around 10 treadmills. This ship had 22! They were the kind with TVs on them but if you wanted look out over the ocean they pivoted to a horizontal plane so that they wouldn't obstruct your view. They also had earphones with disposable sponge covers for you to use to hear.

The fitness room is on deck 15 or 16 and all the way forward. It also had around 10 elipticals (I think?), recumbent bikes, free weights as well as nautilus - like machines (didn't see the brand) Their aerobics room had the spinners, balls, etc...all the typical stuff.

The only weird thing was that the track (if you wanted to go outside) was aft, about 2/3 of the way to the other end of the ship from the fitness room...

I was very pleased overall with the workout areas... don't use the spa services at all, but the spa pool was right there too - it's a "swim-against-the-current" pool with two hot tubs...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Crown Princess - just to add to what the other poster said...

22 Precor treadmills - C956i Experience™ Series

5 Precor elliptical crosstrainers - EFX546i Experience™ Series (fixed handles)

5 Precor elliptical crosstrainers - EFX556i Experience™ Series

2 Precor recumbent stationary bikes

2 Precor 'regular' stationary bikes

10 Reebok spinner bikes

Nearly every cable (not plate loaded) machine from the Precor Icarian Line plus

802 - Smith machine (plate loaded)

FTS - Functional Training System

2 full sets of dumbells

Fitness balls, mats, step risers

Note, one major drawback of the fitness area on the Crown Princess is the low ceiling. At 6'4", I wasn't able to use the elliptical trainers as my shoulders were nearly touching the ceiling and I had the same problem on the treadmill with an incline over 5.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi - I thought it would be useful for everyone to start a list of the equipment of the equipment available on different ships, with photos, if available.

I'll start, for the Celebrity Infinity. This description and the photos should be identical or similar for all of Celebrity's Millennium-class ships: Millennium, Constellation, Infinity and Summit.

The Infinity has a large, well-lit gym at the top, front of the ship with a wall of windows facing forward. Half of the gym is a wood-floored aerobics area, the other half is filled with weight and cardio equipment. There is a relatively small free-weight area with dumbells and various benches. As shown in the attached photos, the equipment consists of the following:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AYt2jRs4btGIX

Five benches: two flat, two incline adjustable, and one decline adjustable.

Dumbells from 5 to 50 lbs, plus 1-10 lbs handweights.

Multiple Swiss balls, mats, and steps.

16 Spinning bikes.

14 Treadmills, facing the forward windows.

2 rowing machines.

4 recumbent bikes.

4 "regular" bikes.

6 Steppers

4 eliptical trainers

16-piece Nautilus weight set. (The ergonomics aren't great, but it's very complete).

The gym is part of the spa, which has large mens and women's locker rooms; each with day lockers and showers, along with towels, razors, puffs, etc. There is a large dry sauna in each of the locker rooms, with a dramatic round window facing the sea. There is a coed steam room area (the "Persian Gardens) with an extra charge of $30/day or $99 for a 7 day cruise. There is also a large Thallassotherapy pool attached to the spa, with various high-pressure water jets to massage sore muscles, and two bubble beds.

How about describing some other ships?

Thanks for starting this thread. I wonder if anyone can share the similar info about X Century.:)

Thanks

Archived