Vow Renewal Ladies

GiselaS

Hi

I am renewing my vows on RCCL March 10th 2014. I am super excited and I got in these boards all the time for ideas and to read reviews. There are not a lot renewal ladies in the boards.

Maybe we can start a thread :)

I would love to hear from other ladies going through the renewal planning. What Cruise line? experiences? dress?

I will start. I chose Royal Caribbean. Me and my husband love to cruise. We like to plan at least 1 cruise a year if possible!! We have 2 kids (4 & 8) and they love to cruise too. Since we got married, we knew we wanted to celebrate with a big bash for our 10 year anniversary. I started looking at venues but then we realized, we wanted our party to last more than 4-5 hours!!! so we decided a cruise is perfect. We can celebrate for 5 days with the ones we love. So far we have 25 people booked.

I contacted Royal Weddings. and I booked my package within the week. I do think the renewal package is overpriced $600 for what you get, which is only a ceremony. We decided to upgrade to Royal Devotion Package which was $1200 but included pictures and flowers. The pictures alone paid for the package (in their overpriced price kind of way) So that is booked. I am thinking about adding a 1 hour reception, but I will wait until closer to make that decision.

What I did find out about Royal is that you cant reserve the specific date for the ceremony. I did not like that too much. However they did tell me it happens on a sea day. Which was a relief, in case anybody in our group wanted to do an excursion or had any plans in port days. We only have 2 sea days in our cruise (day 2 and day 5) I requested Day 2 and they said they will do their best. I don't want it on Day 5 because that is the last day of the cruise and usually it is packing day. I also found out Day 2 is formal day, so that would be perfect since we would already be dressed up.

I got my dress already!! of course that is the first thing I started looking for. I wanted something different, wanted it to look more like a gorgeous red carpet gown, and did not want the white wedding dress. I also did not want to pay the wedding dress price. So browsing the brides magazine, I found the perfect dress. It was a bridesmaid dress but it had the look I pictured in my head. It is a blush tulle mermaid gown.

I would like to include in our ceremony our 2 kids. I have to find out how we can incorporate them. My 2 kids are just as excited about this renewal as we are.

I hope to hear from more renewal ladies in the boards!!! or if you have renewed at sea, I would love to get reviews!!!

Thanks

Gisela

Hi. We have booked to go on the IOTS in June 2014 for our Silver wedding. I looked at having a Vow Renewal. I agree, think for what you get its really not worth the money. So we are going to have a Romance package instead. You get a lot more and get your room trimmed up.

Hey all you Gonna do it again's!

I 'am starting early but you have to send out the (Save the Week ) invites

at least a year or so ahead of time.

We live near Baltimore, so are looking into sailing on RCL to Bermuda or Carnival to the Caribbean.

RCL is so expensive that if we sail with them we will do something on the beach in Bermuda. I have already contacted a wedding planner to get an idea of cost for a beach renewal, which is what we have always wanted.

The only thing we would do on the ship is probably have a welcome cocktail party in our cabin with wine we brought on board.

Just the cruise cost to go is so much more than either of the 2 Carnival cruises from Baltimore.

I think RCL and going to Bermuda is more upscale, but for my older son, wife and 2 Grand sons it would be $4 thousand. The kids pay full fare.

That's a lot to ask.

The problem with the Carnival cruise is, they only do Renewals on the ship. I want to be on the beach! But, for the money people would save,

I could just go on the beach and take pictures.

The other problem is, it's Carniva! I have been on lots of Carnival cruises

and I like Carnival. I think just not for this kind of event. The decor is so bad for 1 thing. So, I'am still in a deciding mode on which to do.

For a dress I have found several on Esty, custom made. They come from China, but you can pick someone with good reviews. So much cheaper!

I have lots of other good ideas for guest presents that I found on Pinterest. So, having fun doing the planning so far.

Tropicqueen:)

we are doing a vow renewal on Carnival Splendor in December. the package is $450 and i'm happy with what it includes. Its not a wedding..its a vow renewal. A simple event for just us and the kids to celebrate us.

I have ordered a dress and cant wait for it to arrive! the shows the dress in pink...i've ordered it in "champagne".

we've been married for 10 years, but have gone through a lot the past 3 years. We really just want something special for us. We couldnt care less about anyone who is around or the decor of the ship.

Cant wait!

Sheath-Column-Spaghetti-Straps-Asymmetrical-Chiffon-Evening-Dress_xbeong1353051128812.jpg.f8160423f4840309f6ba54555b6707f3.jpg

we are doing a vow renewal on Carnival Splendor in December. the package is $450 and i'm happy with what it includes. Its not a wedding..its a vow renewal. A simple event for just us and the kids to celebrate us.

I have ordered a dress and cant wait for it to arrive! the shows the dress in pink...i've ordered it in "champagne".

we've been married for 10 years, but have gone through a lot the past 3 years. We really just want something special for us. We couldnt care less about anyone who is around or the decor of the ship.

Cant wait!

Your dress is beautiful and I should image that in champagne it will be perfect.

My husband and I renewed our vows on the Grand Princess in Janaury 2012 and while it was just the two of us, it was perfect. As I recall, the Princess basic package was only $250 and was a bargain for what we got - beautiful bouquet, boutonniere, use of wedding chapel decorated with several large floral arrangements, music of our choice (Elvis' - Wonder of You and Turtles - Happy Together), 8x10 photo with frame, champagne with flutes to keep and chocolates. Our ceremony was performed by the Captain and attended by several others of the ships staff. Of course, we did spend more as we purchased the video and several other photos, all of which were really good. Our ceremony was during what was our traditional dinner time, so arrangements were made for us in the main dining room for a later hour. We were met by the maitre'd and shown to a private table for 2 and had a waiter assigned to just us. We had the scheduled dinner and then were give a delicious small cake to share, including our own little cake cutting ceremony. We did not have a choice of dates but our renewal was on the first formal night which for us was the day before our 41st anniversary. It was fun walking around the ship afterwards as we received many compliments and congratulations. My dress was a short, royal blue lace with black liner, fitted bodice and full skirt which I accessorized with a sequined belt - not exactly wedding style but then again it was a renewal and my husband helped me pick it out.

My advice to anyone who has ever considered renewing their vows is go for it. We found it to be an extremely emotional and meaningful event and a great reminder of what brought us together.

Basic Package......................

$

• Ceremony performed by the ship’s captain in a special location

• Keepsake certificate signed by the captain and beautifully

presented in a leather certificate holder

• One long-stemmed rose* for the wife and a matching rose

boutonniere for the husband

• 2-tier wedding cake

• Sparkling wine toast

• Recorded ceremony music

• Photography service (includes one 8x10 wedding photo with

additional photos available for a nominal fee)

• Accommodates a maximum of 8 guests, including the

celebrating couple (additional guests - $12.00 per person)

Your dress is beautiful and I should image that in champagne it will be perfect.

My husband and I renewed our vows on the Grand Princess in Janaury 2012 and while it was just the two of us, it was perfect. As I recall, the Princess basic package was only $250 and was a bargain for what we got - beautiful bouquet, boutonniere, use of wedding chapel decorated with several large floral arrangements, music of our choice (Elvis' - Wonder of You and Turtles - Happy Together), 8x10 photo with frame, champagne with flutes to keep and chocolates. Our ceremony was performed by the Captain and attended by several others of the ships staff. Of course, we did spend more as we purchased the video and several other photos, all of which were really good. Our ceremony was during what was our traditional dinner time, so arrangements were made for us in the main dining room for a later hour. We were met by the maitre'd and shown to a private table for 2 and had a waiter assigned to just us. We had the scheduled dinner and then were give a delicious small cake to share, including our own little cake cutting ceremony. We did not have a choice of dates but our renewal was on the first formal night which for us was the day before our 41st anniversary. It was fun walking around the ship afterwards as we received many compliments and congratulations. My dress was a short, royal blue lace with black liner, fitted bodice and full skirt which I accessorized with a sequined belt - not exactly wedding style but then again it was a renewal and my husband helped me pick it out.

My advice to anyone who has ever considered renewing their vows is go for it. We found it to be an extremely emotional and meaningful event and a great reminder of what brought us together.

that sounds so lovely!! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it, and that it meant so much. Thats exactly why we are doing it:)

I am approaching my Vow Renewal for our 50th anniversary with the intent to do, have, and enjoy all the things I didn't at my wedding.

My wedding was beautiful, formal, and meaningful. However, compared to what weddings are like now, way too simple and easy.

Back then, I only tried on three dresses. I want to “Say ‘Yes’ to the dress"!

I want to do all the planning to make things my way and enjoy the results!

Yes, the decor is important to me. It can set the mood! You can do your

Vow renewal in a Las Vegas wedding chapel if that's want you want.

I want a beautiful beach as my first choice. If not that, a tastefully appointed room with flowers. Not always easy to find on a Carnival Ship.

I know; I have been on several. As I said, I do like Carnival. But, their ships do not look as nice inside as RCL, generally.

So I am taking that into consideration when I decide on which cruise.

Everyone should do what they like for the Vow Renewal. That's your choice!

Tropicqueen

I am approaching my Vow Renewal for our 50th anniversary with the intent to do, have, and enjoy all the things I didn't at my wedding.

My wedding was beautiful, formal, and meaningful. However, compared to what weddings are like now, way too simple and easy.

Back then, I only tried on three dresses. I want to “Say ‘Yes’ to the dress"!

I want to do all the planning to make things my way and enjoy the results!

Yes, the decor is important to me. It can set the mood! You can do your

Vow renewal in a Las Vegas wedding chapel if that's want you want.

I want a beautiful beach as my first choice. If not that, a tastefully appointed room with flowers. Not always easy to find on a Carnival Ship.

I know; I have been on several. As I said, I do like Carnival. But, their ships do not look as nice inside as RCL, generally.

So I am taking that into consideration when I decide on which cruise.

Everyone should do what they like for the Vow Renewal. That's your choice!

Tropicqueen

Everyone has their own tastes, and while you may not think carnival ships are "tasteful", obviously several people do! Please be respectful of others choices:)

what you are describing is really an extravagant vow renewal, lol. more like a 2nd wedding....well, thats my take anyway. To each his own:D Good luck and enjoy your special day!

My wife and I got married on the floating Las Vegas wedding chapel, as the PP described, and it was fabulous. Sure the ship is a bit drab, but our pictures turned out fantastic! We did the legal part at home before we left and had our families and close friends join us for our the cruise and wedding on the Pride out of Baltimore. We booked it as a vow renewal package so we could have an at-sea ceremony and everything was perfect.

It is quite fascinating how much more expensive the other lines are in terms of cruise fare. We spent about $6000 to have 13 of our guests (5 cabins) cruise with us in balcony accommodations for 7 days, but we also went in the middle of January.

If anyone has questions, I learned a lot about CCL vow renewals and how they work through my experience.

The pride out of Baltimore is one we are considering. They have 2 different ones to the Caribbean. The other is the RCL to Bermuda.

I don't know why you can't have a Vow Renewal on the beach if they will do a real wedding on the beach. A renewal is easier than a wedding.

I saw on The Carnival site the info about the package for the V.R.

Were you happy with how everything went?

I will be making my own bouquet and on Esty I found some hand made ready to eat sea shells to decorate the cake with.

DH has to have gluten free, which Carnival has always been wonderful

about providing for him . They will fix bread and desserts. So I think they

could do a small gluten free cake to cut and then just some regular cup cakes. I think I would bring some little boxes for people to take the left overs back to their cabins.

Where on the ship did yours take place? Did you have a choice?

We really are just planning on saying our own vows to each other if we

are on a beach. Very simple and sweet! Nothing like at the church where we had our wedding.

This will be with our 4 Grand sons, some close family and friends. Maybe

15 all together.

I have been enjoying looking for things to put in the gift bags for everyone. If they are coming with us on the cruise, we can at least come

up with some nice fun things to give them.

The other Bride to be, had some great ideas. She really went all out.

If you look back on page 1 she posted what she bought. (Gift bags.)

I doubt I will do that much. But at least Hats & T shirts to start with.

I have a year and a half, so I can spread the buying out. Also, can come

up with new stuff along the way.

We need to decide on which cruise to start with.

Hard to decide.

Tropicqueen

The pride out of Baltimore is one we are considering. They have 2 different ones to the Caribbean. The other is the RCL to Bermuda.

I don't know why you can't have a Vow Renewal on the beach if they will do a real wedding on the beach. A renewal is easier than a wedding.

Were you happy with how everything went?

I think I would bring some little boxes for people to take the left overs back to their cabins.

Where on the ship did yours take place? Did you have a choice?

I have been enjoying looking for things to put in the gift bags for everyone. If they are coming with us on the cruise, we can at least come up with some nice fun things to give them.

The other Bride to be, had some great ideas. She really went all out.

If you look back on page 1 she posted what she bought. (Gift bags.)

I doubt I will do that much. But at least Hats & T shirts to start with.

I have a year and a half, so I can spread the buying out. Also, can come

up with new stuff along the way.

We need to decide on which cruise to start with.

Hard to decide.

Tropicqueen

You can't have a renewal on the beach with Carnival because they hire third party companies to run their weddings in ports. Carnival on-ship personnel are in charge of planning and coordinating vow renewals.

We were pleased with everything. We worked closely with our planner in Miami to get everything set up and then worked with a coordinator once we boarded the ship to tie up the loose ends.

If there is left-over dessert you have the option to have it served at dinner. Ours lasted a few nights and it was delicious.

We pretty much had our choice of venues for the ceremony and reception. We chose to have our ceremony in the chapel and our reception in the Ivory Piano Bar next door. We didn't know the exact day and time for our ceremony, but we had it narrowed down before we boarded. VR times are subject to the availability of the captain and cannot take place on embarkation day or days with formal nights.

We did gift bags for our guests and filled them with things we've found handy on previous cruises (small bottles of sunscreen, sanitizer, highlighters, etc). We didn't brand our wedding or initials onto anything in the bag (t-shirts, hats, etc.)

8411515460_c4d747b51c_n.jpg8411515598_ae0ee8a929_n.jpg

Edited by Carnival_Brides

WOW. it is great get some feedback!!

I have personally cruised royal and carnival. I love both. I would like to try more cruise lines in the future! Why not!! we love to cruise.

I went with RCC because they started offering the liquor packages!! Did I mention we like to drink!

Just so happy to know I am not the only one waiting for our renewals!!!

Thanks Guys!!

Gisela

;)Your bags and what you put in them look perfect. I will do a lot of the same things but some different.

We won't be putting our names on things, but will put the date and probably the ships name.

I found this site with lots of cute reasonably priced hats. http://www.wholesalehats.com/Style-Number--SH733

Looking at these for the women and probably ball caps for the men. I 'am

trying to get my husband to do the mens hats. He likes the idea of the date and some tropical thing put on the side of the hat.

At this site for that, it comes to about $7.50. That is the cheapest I have found so far. Not bad for the small group we will have.

I like the sound of where you did your Vows and reception. Did you use you own music? What do they supply if you don't bring your own?

Everyone says Carnival is great to work with. I know they have always

been very helpful with his gluten issues.

RCL doesn't get very good reviews at all. They are suppose to have a

new group doing wedding stuff now, so maybe it will get better.

I need to just call both cruise lines and ask some questions.

I think I will try and pick a none busy time to call, if there is one.

Cruise weddings seem to have really taken off.

It is a good value for what you get for sure.

TQ

So glad I found this thread. We're thinking of renewing our vows in 2015 for our 10th wedding anniversary (2nd wedding). We had a wonderful wedding in Gretna Green (for non Brits this is the famous place to elope to) as my husband is Scottish and I am English so it was half way between our families. However what I really wanted to do was get married on a beach in the Caribbean which is what I plan to do for our 10th. Very early stages at the moment but because of cash restrictions, need to start planning now. Initial plans are to fly to Orlando and have a week there and then drive down to Miami/Fort Lauderdale for a weeks cruise and the vow renewal. Thinking of doing it informally on the beach at Nachi Cocum and then having a more formal meal at a speciality restaurant on board in the evening. Have an idea to make a beach wrap like a saress in white and bead it and some beaded accessories,

Not sure if any of my family will be able to be there due to finances (hence the early planning just in case) but I'm hoping our friends, an American couple we met on a cruise several years ago, will be able to join us.

Looking forward to gaining ideas and any tips from you guys.

That's amazing that you made that, Drewlin. I have seen some really pretty lace ones on Pinterest also.

Our vow renewal won't be until 2015 also. It is hard to find a reasonable

price for a Vow renewal on a beach!

So far the very best price, and it is cheap, is on St. Thomas.

On Grand Turk which is one of the stops we are considering, they want

$500 to set up a few chairs and a arbor. Oh yea, also would have a conch

lined walkway. That's a ridiculous price for such a little bit of work.

To get to St. Thomas, we would have to fly to Fl from Va to get to the cruise. That adds a lot to the cost for everyone.

I would be delighted to do it in St Thomas as there are really beautiful beaches. Then I could use the money I saved to make the reception/party

better.

Carnival has really good prices on that.

Also, take a look at Pinterest, if you haven't. Really good ideas on there.

Good thing we are starting early! Lots to get done!

Tropicqueen

The beach renewal prices have put me off also which is why I thought of just doing our own thing. I agree that I'd rather spend the money on a reception for our guests (having said that there might only be 4 max.). However St Thomas sounds lovely, what are the details you've found. We actually called at St. Thomas on our honeymoon cruise (so would be quite nice to renew our vows there) but never went to any beach as we did an island tour. We could see Magens beach from one of the viewing points and our dining companions actually spent their day there and really enjoyed it.

Thanks for your comments as you have given me other ideas of renewing our vows at one of our honeymoon ports which would be St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Nassau and San Juan although St. Thomas or St. Maarten would be favourite.

For those looking for an alternative to something big for their Wedding or Vow Renewal.

http://www.viwedding.com/

I think what he offers is a good middle ground between going expensive or

just standing alone on the beach.

If you choose a no fee beach (which he could recommend) even more savings! I like the idea of Meggan's bay as it has a bar where you could

go for drinks afterwards. Or, get out of a sprinkle.

I was thinking about later in the day but earlier there would be less people around.

I sent him an email with some questions and he got right back to me.

I have not priced places in Mexico, maybe it is cheaper.

Tropicqueen

Finally a thread for those that are doing Renewal of Vows!!!

I am renewing my vows with my husband and son in January on board P&O Azura and cant wait. The deal was pretty good we paid £295 for the ceremony and off the top of my head you get the following

Ceremony conducted by the captain

Flowers and buttonholes

Picture frame with choice of picture

Champagne and flutes

Got my dress organised now decided to go for a really nice dress from Dessy rather than a wedding dress as been there before and the dress felt just right.

Feel as if i have not got much organising to do as the ship do most of it but really looking forward to the day.

Would love to see some pictures of others peoples renewals if they have them

Justine

We will be doing our vow renewal for our 10th anniversary on the Crown Princess in December 2013. Although we did one two years ago (a re-commitment because we had recently taken on the responsibility of raising one of my grandsons who is special needs), we had always planned to do a renewal for our 10th.

our-2011-cruise-renewal-pictures.html

Since we had used Princess' Deluxe Renewal packet last time, I have decided to "surprise" him ;) by getting the wedding packet, because we will have more control of our choices for our "at sea" ceremony/reception and the date/time. (They do warn that date/time can change due to unexpected issues on the ship.) Fortunately, we have always kept our monies separate except for the household accounts, so he won't notice the difference in the charge.

It will just be the two of us, and we are hoping that we will have the same captain we had for our other renewal, Captain Andy, such a wonderful man!

I have also indulged myself in going all out and getting a new wedding dress. I had made mine quickly for the original wedding (and updated it a little for the renewal) to save money, since we had splurged on getting the tartan from Scotland we needed for his kilt and our other tartan accessories. Somehow, I am hoping to get him dressed (he needs help getting into everything) and then getting myself dressed without him seeing my dress until the ceremony. (It ought to be interesting!)

I'm hoping to get help for myself from one of the female staff, since no one is traveling with us, and I can't get some of the underpinnings on by myself. :o Hopefully, the wedding coordinator may be able to make some suggestions on this issue!! If nothing else, maybe hubby will help with everything, but the dress. I know I can rig up a way to pull up the zipper by myself. LOL

At the moment, I am waiting to get the wedding choices packet from the coordinator to see what is available. I know we want to use two of the songs we used during our original ceremony, especially since he wrote the processional especially for me! :D One of my sons is practicing his part on the cello, so we can record it and add it to the track. He played in person originally, of course. He won't be able to attend, since he is one of the wonderful folks who are helping to watch our grandson while we are gone. D loves his Uncle J.

Our reception will just be us two, and hopefully, they won't mind serving it the next day (which is our actual wedding anniversary) on our balcony. :) I'll let you know what they say.

Okay, enough of my yakking....can't tell I'm excited can you? :o

Edited by BearHaven01