Best Rum in Nassau

jacromer

Hello.

My wife and I are heading off to Nassau next week and we were wondering where in Nassau is the best place/price to buy authentic flavorful rum to bring back for gifts and reminiscing of our trip.

I know this is a subjective question due to tastes, but we are also factoring in price and location to buy from.

What we are not looking for is the typical Bacardi one can buy in an alcohol store.

Thank you. We greatly appreciate and value the advice, experiences, and tips posted in these forums. It should make our first cruise stress free! :)

-Jason

Did some research... found out the Bicardi Factory is on the southern coast of the island.

As far as tours go, I've read somewhere on CruiseCritic that there are two tours... the morning (11am?) and afternoon (2pm?). If there aren't enough people for the tour, they cancel it. And the morning tour has a reputation of being cancelled... so the afternoon is the suggested time to take it. Don't hold it to me if the times are incorrect, I can't find the original post.

per yahoo travel:

Bacardi and Carmichael roads

Nassau, NY Bahamas, the

+1 242 362 1412

Open Hours:

9:30am-4pm Mon-Thu; 9:30am-3pm Fri

Overview:

This well-known liquor manufacturer gives tours of its facilities free of charge. Established in 1962, the company has gained a worldwide reputation for producing excellent rum at reasonable prices. Make reservations in advance to take the tour through the distillery and learn about the distilling process. At the end of the tour, sample the Bacardi array of rum products. You can also buy rum at a large discount. The distillery is on New Providence's southern coast.

Tortuga rum shop-walk down Woodes Rogers Walk (to your right as you get off the ship. The fourth street is Frederick St. Go up Frederick less than 1/2 block-on the left hand side of the street-you're there. I'm having a piece of the chocolate rum cake as I type.

Hello.

My wife and I are heading off to Nassau next week and we were wondering where in Nassau is the best place/price to buy authentic flavorful rum to bring back for gifts and reminiscing of our trip.

I know this is a subjective question due to tastes, but we are also factoring in price and location to buy from.

What we are not looking for is the typical Bacardi one can buy in an alcohol store.

Thank you. We greatly appreciate and value the advice, experiences, and tips posted in these forums. It should make our first cruise stress free! :)

-Jason

If your thinking flavored rums.. Ricardo has Pineapple, coconut and Banana.. all very good. If you're looking for a smooth liquor.. Nassau Royale would do the Trick.. It's by Ole' Nassau.

Yer HO', Jack Matalan and others are also available from Ole Nassau.

Bahamian Bacardi is a little sweeter than PR. Especially the Gold.

• 2 months later...

I love the Tortuga Rum Liquor and the Tortuga Banana Rum. Both are amazing. They are about twice the price as in Grand Cayman, but still worth twice what you pay for them in Nassau!

Archived