Royal Caribbean Card issues threatened with arrest

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Ask a Cruise Question
Post your general cruise questions here.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:07 AM.
Halifax, Nova Scotia
985 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by SRF
Yes, but all my cards freeze the account and try to contact me. I get email or text alerts. If I click the link that it is fraud, they then close the account. If I click the link that it is OK, they unfreeze the account.

Or in some cases I have to call.

But never had the account closed and a new card send without interaction with me.

Your experience definitely differs from mine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Central Illinois
111,761 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by SRF
... But never had the account closed and a new card send without interaction with me.
We had that happen to us once about 5 years ago. Luckily we had another card with us so it was not a huge hassle. I don't think this is done as much now, since text and/or email alerts are more commonly used.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager
South Carolina
3,148 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
The same thing happened to my daughter on the FOS. One phone call to the credit card company fixed the issue and the card was cleared for use. She did have to take about an hour of her time and it was a bit expensive to call from the ship but it was fixed right away. She didn't even think about notifying the credit card company that she would be out of the country.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Halifax, Nova Scotia
985 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by poffles
Your experience definitely differs from mine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Though i should elaborated that neither have I had an account closed on me, just frozen. What differs is them trying to contact me about it.