Single supplement

auie2

I was wondering if you go with someone it cost buy one get second one for 50%. If I go as a single it cost double. Could I just give a fake name and they not show up?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Can't use fake name & other info as it would be put on the list provided HS prior to departure.

If you price out a bogo cruise as a single it usually works out to the cost for two less one set of port fees.

I was wondering if you go with someone it cost buy one get second one for 50%. If I go as a single it cost double. Could I just give a fake name and they not show up?

Book outside of the special and ask for "F.I.T" fares. Better yet find a good travel agent who can find group pricing.

A fake name is still going to be the same total price. You're going to pay full, the fake person is 50% off. Same as 150% except you'll wind up having to pay taxes and port charges on a fake person which you wouldn't have to otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Forums mobile app

What good would fake name do? You'd have to pay port charges for the fake person. If there's UBP or SDP perks you'd have to pay the fake person's service charges along with yours at final payment.

I think instead of costing you double you'd pay 150% for that offer. So just forget the headache of fake name.

Book outside of the special and ask for "F.I.T" fares. Better yet find a good travel agent who can find group pricing.

A fake name is still going to be the same total price. You're going to pay full, the fake person is 50% off. Same as 150% except you'll wind up having to pay taxes and port charges on a fake person which you wouldn't have to otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Forums mobile app

What is a F.I.T. fare?

[ think instead of costing you double you'd pay 150% for that offer. So just forget the headache of fake name.

I did not have that experience. I put that I was one person and it charge me double the fare,

I put that there were 2 of us and it charged me 1 full and 1 half

So could I put my daughter down and at the last minute she does not go with me? (she could go with me if she can get out of school)

[ think instead of costing you double you'd pay 150% for that offer. So just forget the headache of fake name.

I did not have that experience. I put that I was one person and it charge me double the fare,

I put that there were 2 of us and it charged me 1 full and 1 half

So could I put my daughter down and at the last minute she does not go with me? (she could go with me if she can get out of school)

Yes

I have had a TA from a very large agency recommend that I book with a fake person's name to get a better fare. The cruise line was charging more for a solo cruiser than the total for 2.

From I understand the cruise line will refund any taxes and port fees etc.

IMHO it does not appear to be a problem if person doesn't or can't show up. :D

In my experience, when the cruise is advertised as BOGOHO, they have simply adjusted the prices to cover the 'discount', it's not truly cheaper than when they aren't running the sale. Try pricing it out both ways. I doubt they will charge more for a solo than a double.

If they do, sure you could put a fake person in. Or wait until the BOGOHO sale ends and the prices re-adjust to normal

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In my experience, when the cruise is advertised as BOGOHO, they have simply adjusted the prices to cover the 'discount', it's not truly cheaper than when they aren't running the sale. Try pricing it out both ways. I doubt they will charge more for a solo than a double.

If they do, sure you could put a fake person in. Or wait until the BOGOHO sale ends and the prices re-adjust to normal

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nope, it happens. Some cruise lines will charge more for a solo cruiser than the total for 2. I have had it happen several times. It is a buyer beware situation.

I have had a TA from a very large agency recommend that I book with a fake person's name to get a better fare. The cruise line was charging more for a solo cruiser than the total for 2.

From I understand the cruise line will refund any taxes and port fees etc.

IMHO it does not appear to be a problem if person doesn't or can't show up. :D

I would steer clear of this TA.

Sure, it sounds like a good idea, and an inexperienced person might get away with it-- but a number of lines do actually charge a bit higher fare for one person traveling alone in a two person cabin than they would for two -- the rationale being that they would not benefit from the on-board spending of the second person: which spending is a key component of the line's profits.

There may not be such a thing as a "TA code of ethics" -but if there were, that TA would be found lacking. Any customer following that advice might very well find him/herself charged the single supplement regardless.

I would steer clear of this TA.

Sure, it sounds like a good idea, and an inexperienced person might get away with it-- but a number of lines do actually charge a bit higher fare for one person traveling alone in a two person cabin than they would for two -- the rationale being that they would not benefit from the on-board spending of the second person: which spending is a key component of the line's profits.

There may not be such a thing as a "TA code of ethics" -but if there were, that TA would be found lacking. Any customer following that advice might very well find him/herself charged the single supplement regardless.

Not all cruises are double. Get in touch with a travel agent who specializes in cruising and let them know you are interested in solo cruising. There are plenty of specials for solos, they just aren't widely publicized.

I agree with both of the above. There are often cruises that have a greatly reduced single supplement, buy you have to know to ask. That's where a good TA comes in. Any TA that recommends intentionally booking for two when there will be one is a TA I would not trust. Also, be sure to check the Solo Cruisers board. They often post the cruises that have reduced single supplements.

I agree with both of the above. There are often cruises that have a greatly reduced single supplement, buy you have to know to ask. That's where a good TA comes in. Any TA that recommends intentionally booking for two when there will be one is a TA I would not trust. Also, be sure to check the Solo Cruisers board. They often post the cruises that have reduced single supplements.

I sailed NCI as a solo and paid 200%

I sailed HAL as a solo and paid 200%

That is just the way it is. I would not wish to share a cabin even wifh a friend of 20 years. thus Ii pay 200% since my Dh passed away. I eish someone would explain what FIT fare is. thanks in advance if you know and will tell. If I wish to sail, I will pay 200%

That is just the way it is. I would not wish to share a cabin even wifh a friend of 20 years. thus Ii pay 200% since my Dh passed away. I eish someone would explain what FIT fare is. thanks in advance if you know and will tell. If I wish to sail, I will pay 200%

NCL has some solo cabins on some of their ships. Do they still make you pay double?

NCL has some solo cabins on some of their ships. Do they still make you pay double?

On Cunard ships the solo price is already adjusted for the supplement - the quoted price is the solo price. All of Cunard's solo cabins were recent retrofits and are large oceanviews. The pricing the solo staterooms is actually more than the solo cost for a "regular" balcony due to their larger size.

Otherwise, solos pay 175% to stay in a standard stateroom or 200% to stay in a Grill stateroom. I should know because I've paid it.

FIT - a travel industry acronym for: Fully (or Freely) Independent Travel. This is an individual, or small group, vacationing without a package tour.

I saw no solo cabins that had a verandah. I want a verandah and know it is pricey for a solo but like many people, I want what I want . so, that is what I book. I would only be setting myself up to fail if I booked a cabin I know in advance I will not like.Our cabins were always important to me and my dH as were our hotel rooms.

I do not know if they charge double for their 'solo' cabins.