celebrating anniversary when anniversary isn't during cruise

This year DW and I celebrate 35 years - in August. For a variety of reasons we are sailing on Adventure March 22 as our anniversary cruise.

Went to sign up on the web site to celebrate the anniversary and it asked "which day" and had the days of the cruise as the choices.

Anyone know what happens on the "day" you select, or for that matter what happens at all when you sign up to celebrate an anniversary.

I mean I could just pick a random day of the cruise I suppose.

TIA,

Ed

It actually means very little, I'm afraid. The only acknowledgement you will receive is if you remind your waiter or head waiter - they can bring you a dessert with a candle in it. The days of free champagne or free whole cakes are long gone. So many passengers are celebrating "something"... it stands to reason they just can't provide freebies like they used to.

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your cruise. :)

As others have noted, sometimes you will receive a slice of dessert with a candle in it, and the waiters may song "happy anniversary". Other times even if you've noted it on your reservation you will receive no recognition. If you want a more festive celebration, there are a variety of options to purchase such as decorations, special cake, romance packages etc.

If the recognition is important to you, it is a good idea to remind your waiter or headwaiter that you are celebrating an anniversary.

Enjoy

M

This year DW and I celebrate 35 years - in August. For a variety of reasons we are sailing on Adventure March 22 as our anniversary cruise.

Went to sign up on the web site to celebrate the anniversary and it asked "which day" and had the days of the cruise as the choices.

Anyone know what happens on the "day" you select, or for that matter what happens at all when you sign up to celebrate an anniversary.

TIA,

Ed

We pay to decorate the cabin, and you can order cake, flowers and champagne if you like! Not sure of any other freebies. Perhaps in suites.

Been onboard many RCI ships for both our birthdays and Anniversaries and as other posters have said nothing happens if you do not organise it yourself.

Mind having said that we have cruised with freinds who have more than made up for it by helping us celebrate.

We celebrated our Anniversary on board the Oasis a couple of years back and we received a picture from the art gallery as a gift.

We received a card in our stateroom advising us to take it to the art gallery to redeem for a gift. As soon as we entered the lady working there asked us if we were celebrating our anniversary. I don't know if we were the only one's celebrating an anniversary on that cruise but it made us feel special.:)

We actually have the picture framed and on display in our living room.

We celebrated our Anniversary on board the Oasis a couple of years back and we received a picture from the art gallery as a gift.

We received a card in our stateroom advising us to take it to the art gallery to redeem for a gift. As soon as we entered the lady working there asked us if we were celebrating our anniversary. I don't know if we were the only one's celebrating an anniversary on that cruise but it made us feel special.:)

We actually have the picture framed and on display in our living room.

No the reason is nobody else would ever step into that shop:eek:

Maybe:rolleyes:...but the point is they did recognize our Anniversary...so it appears they do recognize special occasions.

We had our anniversary recognized in both the MDR and in Portofino without any prompting from us. It does happen as you said, just ignore the naysayers.

TIA,

Ed

nothing happens. unless you order/pay for it.

at best you can hope for maybe a special dessert item being brought out, or 'happy anniversary' written in chocolate sauce on a plate.

Our T/A marked our honeymoon, so we were given the anniversary song and cake. My birthday had no prompting and they still brought a slice of cake. Not a big deal either way to me, but in my case they have done a "little something".

On one cruise I was so sick of hearing the happy birthday song. Just think of the poor servers. I think it's best just do a private celebration , I'm sorry but it isn't important to me .

Sorry you are so sour. It's not about being important to you it's about being important to us or anyone who is celebrating. Personally I like hearing the birthday song or whatever, and as for the servers, part of their job - just like any server in any restaurant that sings happy birthday to someone.

Don't want to hear the song? Order room service

Maybe you should try just answering the question and keeping your opinions to yourself. Because your opinion just isn't important to me.

We had our anniversary recognized in both the MDR and in Portofino without any prompting from us. It does happen as you said, just ignore the naysayers.

Umm, with all due respect mema, we have been forgotten/ignored on several cruises now. I'm glad for you and others who mention they were recognized, but I have to say this is not the norm.