Cost of Grand Suite vs. Spa Jr. Suite/Quantum of the Seas

My DH and I are sailing on the Quantum of the Seas next year. We are booked in a Spa Jr. Suite. We are on the "wait list" for an upgrade to a Grand Suite. I would like to know if anybody knows the approximate difference between the two.

Thanks

This is what our TA advised us of the prices for the 4/12/15 cruise when the pricing was available:

Quantum / april 12th, 2015

Grand Suite - $3199.00 3/4 - $1212.00

Superior Grand Suite - $3679.00 $1212.00

Owners Suite - $4099.00 $1640.00

Sky Loft Suite - $6989.00 $1640.00

Pat

This is what our TA advised us of the prices for the 4/12/15 cruise when the pricing was available:

Quantum / april 12th, 2015

Grand Suite - $3199.00 3/4 - $1212.00

Superior Grand Suite - $3679.00 $1212.00

Owners Suite - $4099.00 $1640.00

Sky Loft Suite - $6989.00 $1640.00

Pat

Thank you pat. I think the sailing is Apr. 13th. 2015 as that is our sailing. Is that amount $3199 pp?

Thank you pat. I think the sailing is Apr. 13th. 2015 as that is our sailing. Is that amount $3199 pp?

You must be on the 4/12/15 sailing - that is when we are sailing. Yes the $3,199 is PP. I think these went really quick and I don't ever recall seeing one open up.

Pat

You must be on the 4/12/15 sailing - that is when we are sailing. Yes the $3,199 is PP. I think these went really quick and I don't ever recall seeing one open up.

Pat

Actually we are sailing 3/13/15. Not 4/12/15. The sailings in every category are almost totally booked! So many people want to try this ship and sail from NJ.

When bookings first opened last year in 2013, I had booked DH and I in a Grand Suite on our February 20th/9-night sailing. Cost at that time was $2795 per person. There haven't been many Grand Suites that have opened up for Quantum, but we moved to a Balcony cabin to bring costs down. Never saw our Grand Suite go back up on the website, so don't know what they charged for it when it as repriced to resell after we released the room. Either they kept the room for inventory or they posted it and it was snagged up to quickly for me to see what they charged for it.

When bookings first opened last year in 2013, I had booked DH and I in a Grand Suite on our February 20th/9-night sailing. Cost at that time was $2795 per person. There haven't been many Grand Suites that have opened up for Quantum, but we moved to a Balcony cabin to bring costs down. Never saw our Grand Suite go back up on the website, so don't know what they charged for it when it as repriced to resell after we released the room. Either they kept the room for inventory or they posted it and it was snagged up to quickly for me to see what they charged for it.

I think that the ship is so popular that they must have had a wait list-even that early. We also booked very early, as soon as the booking for Diamond members was offered. At the time, we booked a Jr. Spa suite, but I determined that it wasn't that much more for a grand suite. However, they could increase the price if people cancel and they have a inventory of grand suites. I will see.

I booked a CC cabin on Celebrity for a Jan 2015 Eclipse sailing over one year ago and now the price is at least 30% more then I paid for a lesser cabin. So who knows! Thanks for your help

Edited by Cruise a holic

My DH and I are sailing on the Quantum of the Seas next year. We are booked in a Spa Jr. Suite. We are on the "wait list" for an upgrade to a Grand Suite. I would like to know if anybody knows the approximate difference between the two.

Thanks

On the Jan 3, 2015 8-night eastern caribbean, the difference has pretty consistently been $500/pp. They seem to increase in tandem. Right now there is one Grand Suite available for $3500/pp, and a couple days ago there was a spa jr suite available for $2900 and change.

Prices have held steady since we started looking at suites last Jan. A Spa Jr and a Grand came available at the same time and we were trying to decide between the two, and finally decided the extra space and perks were worth $1000, so snagged the Grand. Eventually upgraded to a Superior Grand for the extra balcony space, which was about $400 more than the regular Grand. The prices we were looking at were about $5900 for Spa Jr, $6900 for Grand, and $7300 for Superior Grand, including a $100 platinum balcony discount.

Hope that helps! I wish we had booked a suite when they first opened - we would have saved a bundle! :rolleyes:

Wow, You guys are paying alot, when we booked our Spa Junior Suite for the March 13, 2015 8-night sailing the price was only $1399 per person.....it's now $1849 per person to be on the waitlist.

So let me getthis straight you are paying $2900 per person for a Spa Junior Suite :eek:

Jimbo:)

Edited by Jimbo

Wow, You guys are paying alot, when we booked our Spa Junior Suite for the March 13, 2015 8-night sailing the price was only $1399 per person.....it's now $1849 per person to be on the waitlist.

So let me getthis straight you are paying $2900 per person for a Spa Junior Suite :eek:

Jimbo:)[/QUOT

must be per couple

• 2 weeks later...

Jimbo:)[/QUOT

must be per couple

Sorry, I was away on Liberty OTS last week and am just getting caught up. :)

Nope, Jimbo had it right. That $2900 and change was per person for a SJS; per couple it was about $5900. We never booked in the SJS because that just wasn't worth it to us, though we did eventually end up in a Superior Grand Suite.

Suites on our sailing are few and far between, and get snatched up pretty quickly, so I guess they are charging a lot. For some reason our particular sailing (Jan 3) is crazy expensive, and we can't change it because we have a group of 8 already set up for those days off work. In contrast, we booked Anthem while on Liberty, and got an Owner's Suite on Anthem for $1400 less than we're paying for a SGS on Quantum (we're doing a 7-night on Anthem vs an 8-night on Quantum, but the OS on the 8-night Anthem we were considering was only $300 more than the 7-night, so would still have been $1100 less for the same length cruise in a bigger room).

We've gotten some incredible deals on suites our last few cruises by upgrading to them after final payment, so I guess the Quantum prices are karma catching up with us. ;)

Since the spa jr suite is a new concept to the royal family. I want to try it out other than booking any other cabin. I'm curious to check it out on our dec 2015 cruise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 9 months later...

We were very lucky and were able to upgrade to a Grand Suite! It offers so many more amenities and the special lounge sounds great! We will be sailing in a couple of weeks. Not happy about the horrible weather now in NY. Maybe the last time we consider a cruise from NY/NJ unless it is the summer! We may cancel our scheduled Anthem Cruise for next spring.

Fortunately we have many indoor options on the ship! As others have said before me, a bad day on a cruise is better then a good day at work!

Edited by Cruise a holic