sugar free coconut cake Royal Caribbean

wnyguy2003

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That is my favorite! I had the nerve to ask for two slices on our last cruise and I ate both. I just love that cake and have been searching for the recipe. I have to wait until November until I can savor that light, moist, tender, scrumptious, heavenly coconutty dessert:(

Karen/Pete:

The way this is going, you might have to get the receipe for it and post it on here...

Wnyguy2003,

I'll try to get the recipe and I will be sure to post it here. A couple that married onboard the Mariner had some photos posted and I swear the cake RCCL provided was that same cake!

I see you're from Niagara Falls................I spent many summers in Lockport years ago, where my grandparents lived. Love the area and people. My cousin moved back up there to be near her parents and we spent a weekend in Youngstown, got to visit the Falls again too. It brought back some very happy memories!

Karen:

Yeap, live about 5 miles from the falls themselves.

But also lived in Lockport for a few years and my x and kids live there now. I like Lockport a lot.

But not from the WNY originally, grew up in a small town that about everyone knows in CNY.

And your from NNJ? I lived outside of Philly last year for about 8 months, but it was on the east side of the city.

Karen:

Yeap, live about 5 miles from the falls themselves.

But also lived in Lockport for a few years and my x and kids live there now. I like Lockport a lot.

But not from the WNY originally, grew up in a small town that about everyone knows in CNY.

And your from NNJ? I lived outside of Philly last year for about 8 months, but it was on the east side of the city.

Ahhh. Grandma & Grandpa lived on Ohio Street between West Avenue and the RR tracks (East Ave????). Every once and awhile I go on the Lockport website and read the news. I'm guessing I'm a bit older than you, but I remember the Crystal and Lox Plaza, white hots, beef on wick, Tops and Ames, The Union Sun and there was even a local soda company, Meyer's I think and they made what we called white cream soda (actually, it was clear) it was soooo good! I always went to Olcott and there were "fish fry's" on Friday's. Thanks for the walk down memory lane:)

Glad I could stir up some fond memories! :)

Let's see out of all those that you mentioned, what is still around...

Tops, The Union Sun and Journal, beef on weck (IMHO is terrible! Too much salt. But when I lived down in PA, I brought some down with me to work and some of the people just loved them and everytime I came back this way, I had to get some and take back to them) and of course fish frys. It is a very big thing around here to have a fish fry on friday. One thing I missed when living down there. But luckily, Wegmans had them every once in a while and I only lived like 2 minutes from on in Downingtown, so that was good. Have lived out in WNY since '84.

I've checked this thread a few times hoping someone would have the recipe.

I posted months ago asking if anyone had the recipe for the Spa Carnival Coconut Cake recipe. Have had the same luck as you are having.

From the description people are using about Royal Caribbean's Coconut Cake, I'm wondering if they're the same recipe :p or using the same food service purchased product or mix :eek: .

Anyway, I sent off a letter to Carnival the other day. If you're sending off for Royal's recipe, hopefully you, or I, or both of us will get a copy of a recipe.

Another cruiser craving coconut cake...we may need to start a support group :D .

I've checked this thread a few times hoping someone would have the recipe.

I posted months ago asking if anyone had the recipe for the Spa Carnival Coconut Cake recipe. Have had the same luck as you are having.

From the description people are using about Royal Caribbean's Coconut Cake, I'm wondering if they're the same recipe :p or using the same food service purchased product or mix :eek: .

Anyway, I sent off a letter to Carnival the other day. If you're sending off for Royal's recipe, hopefully you, or I, or both of us will get a copy of a recipe.

Another cruiser craving coconut cake...we may need to start a support group :D .

If you get your recipe please post it here as well.:DThank you so much.

Hi All,

I too love that cake!!!!!! 2 Years ago DH and I renewed wedding vows on Vision in Alaska and had it for our celebration cake as I am diabetic. We are going to New England on Grandeur on October 2 and I will attempt to get the recipe. I will be glad to share it here if I am successful!!!!

Take care,

KimC

I've received recipes from Carnival, but, unfortunately, they are somewhat confusing :confused: (missing measurements, instructions I'm not sure what they are for, products I've never heard of).

It seems they do use mixes/products :( .

I'm going to post the recipes as written (with spelling corrected, hopefully ;) ) and add questions in another color by the things that have me stumped.

Maybe the bakers among us will be able to help deciphering some of this :).

Coconut Diet Cake:

Ingredients: There aren't measurements by any of the following three ingredients :(.

Coconut Spa Cake Mixes

Whole Eggs

Vegetable Oil

Method:

1. Combine diet cake mix, coconut extract (amount not given), and half amount of the water (amount not given) in mixing bowl.

2. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes, using a paddle beater, add remaining water, eggs, and oil, mix on medium speed.

3. Divide the batter in the greased cake pan.

4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.

5. Remove from the oven and when cooled, cut each cake into three layers.

6. Soak the entire layer with diet syrup.

7. Sandwich each layer with 5-ounces of coconut diet icing.

8. Garnish the plate as for photo. (It shows what looks like strawberry slices in the center of iced cake, dollops of topping on what will be the outer edge of each slice of cake, each dollop topped with a berry -possibly raspberry).

continued in next post...

Coconut Diet Cake recipe (continued):

Coconut Diet Icing: (no measurement amounts were given)

Vanilla Diet Icing

Warm Water

Margarine

Coconut Extract

Method:

1. Combine the diet icing mix, water, and coconut extract in mixing bowl. Mix with paddle kneader on low speed for 2 minutes. Scrape the bowl well, and mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.

2. Cut the margarine into small pieces, add to the above mixture and beat 3rd speed until the mixture becomes smooth and fluffy.

Coconut Diet Syrup: (amounts of the following ingredients weren't given).

Equal Sugar (I'm assuming they mean Equal brand sugar substitute, but I'm not sure).

Water

Coconut Extract

Method:

Mix all ingredients for the syrup, bring to a boil. Cool.

Then there is an additional sheet of paper with instructions on it, but I'm somewhat confused by it. I think it's a recipe to make the cake without needing a mix, but I am not sure about the baking method it mentions. I've never seen or heard of baking with the oven off and overnight ???

This paper says:

• 1 cup egg whites - (from approximately 8 eggs)

• 1 Tablespoon not/Sugar*

• 12 packets Splenda

• 1-ounce (1/4 cup) almond flour

• 4-ounces (1 3/4 cup) dried unsweetened ground or shredded coconut**

• 1 teaspoon sugar free vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.

Beat egg whites with not/Sugar, sweetener and vanilla until stiff. Fold in remaining ingredients as gently as possible. Place in preheated oven, turn off heat and bake overnight. (Note: ovens vary in the rate at which they lose heat - or whether you peek- so, if it comes out too moist, give it more time at no more than 300 degrees Farenheit and next time, allow it to bake for a few minutes before turning off the oven.) If you're in a hurry, bake at 300 degrees Farenheit until firm. Keep cake under refrigeration (it doesn't have any sugar to protect it from spoiling.)

*not/Sugar (an Expert Foods product) is available from The Low Carb Connoisseur They included a web address link, but when I tried it, it didn't take me to the item, so I'm leaving the link out. Cake will work without this ingredient, but will not rise as well or have as rich a texture.

**Ground or shredded unsweetened coconut can usually be found in health and specialty stores (don't use the sweetened stuff found in the grocery baking aisles!) If you cannot locate it, increase the almond flour to compensate and use 1 teaspoon coconut extract instead.

Makes 16 servings. 2.4 grams of carbohydrate per serving.

I found the Expert Foods Not/Sugar product on the Low Carb Connoisseur site at the following address:

http://www.low-carb.com/exfonotsu21o.html

There were no amounts given for the Coconut Diet Icing recipe, but there are measurements for the Orange Diet Cake icing recipe I received, the problem with that is it calls for

6 - cans of vanilla diet icing,

1/4 - pint warm water

4 -1/2 - EA. vegetable margarine

1/2 - TSP. yellow food color (for the Orange Diet Cake)

Oops, forgot to write the recipe given for the Orange Diet Syrup since there weren't amounts given in the recipe for Coconut Cake.

Orange Diet Syrup:

Equal Sugar - 1 cup

Water - 2 cups

Orange Juice - 1/2 cup (The Coconut Diet Syrup recipe calls for coconut extract, but I don't know the amount of the extract).

Sorry about the confusion and missing details. They have me scratching my head also :confused: .

Hopefully you will hear back from Royal with a complete and understandable recipe...or an address where we can just place our order and by-pass the whole baking process :D :cool: .

Thanks for posting what you got from Carnival. :) I'm as confused as you. :confused: Without amounts it would be impossible for me to make a cake that is edible. ;) I'm hoping we hear soon from someone who gets the recipe from RC. :)

Archived