QM2 Sailaway etc

days2do

Only 8 sleeps to go and I wondered what happens during sailaway. Do the bands play, streamers get thrown and theres a lot of hooting and cheering like in the black and white films of yester year?

Hi

There is a band playing on the deck and champagne available to purchase.

Some dancing but no streamers. Lots of people though and a nice atmosphere.

Never seems overcrowded as plenty of space on different levels

:D Have Fun

Julie

Only 8 sleeps to go and I wondered what happens during sailaway. Do the bands play, streamers get thrown and theres a lot of hooting and cheering like in the black and white films of yester year?

No streamers anymore :(

No bands on shore unless it's a special cruise but there will be a band on board or music over the loudspeaker system.

If there are other ships in and they pass you should get whistling.

We had the most fantastic Sailaway from NY last month helped, I am sure , by perfect weather. The Statue of Liberty, Staten Island ferries.......plus the Manahattan skyline. The band played, there was a bit of Pomp and Cirumstance too.....as many others have said going under Verrazano Bridge is a real thrill. We were given flags to wave.

I may be very much mistaken but try as I might I cannot imagine a Sailaway from So'ton having the same allure?

We had the most fantastic Sailaway from NY last month helped, I am sure , by perfect weather. The Statue of Liberty, Staten Island ferries.......plus the Manahattan skyline. The band played, there was a bit of Pomp and Cirumstance too.....as many others have said going under Verrazano Bridge is a real thrill. We were given flags to wave.

I may be very much mistaken but try as I might I cannot imagine a Sailaway from So'ton having the same allure?

I was just thinking the same thing! We have experienced Sailaway from NY and it was indeed thrilling!!!

We are sailing out of Soton in October and I was wondering what that might be like....and I am already thinking that as we pull into port in NY, that it will be so early in the morning and possibly foggy, that we won't experience all the beautiful sites!

Can anyone share what Sailaway from Soton is like?

I was just thinking the same thing! We have experienced Sailaway from NY and it was indeed thrilling!!!

We are sailing out of Soton in October and I was wondering what that might be like....and I am already thinking that as we pull into port in NY, that it will be so early in the morning and possibly foggy, that we won't experience all the beautiful sites!

Can anyone share what Sailaway from Soton is like?

It depends upon the weather really, if it is fine it will be held on deck 8 by the pool and it will be pretty good, if it has been or is rainiing it will be held inside by the pool on deck 12 which gets a little bit hot and sticky.

What are you suggesting, meeting a group of like minded people gathered in one location discussing stateroom location, dress and deportment, the difference between the grills and ironing top tips........ Sorry, DW will have me on iceberg lookout (even though theres one the size of Manhatten it might be missed), checking that the bow door has been closed and preventing marine diesel fumes from entering the couchette. Not that shes comparing this crossing with a North Sea ferry in any way!! :)

What are you suggesting, meeting a group of like minded people gathered in one location discussing stateroom location, dress and deportment, the difference between the grills and ironing top tips........ Sorry, DW will have me on iceberg lookout (even though theres one the size of Manhatten it might be missed), checking that the bow door has been closed and preventing marine diesel fumes from entering the couchette. Not that shes comparing this crossing with a North Sea ferry in any way!! :)

I've been to three roll call meet & greets this year and none of those topics came up. Perhaps we hashed them all out prior to boarding, or perhaps we were all just interested in meeting the people we'd been chatting to for over a year before the cruise.

There are some very nice people on here, if you go you'll probably find that you have a good time - and pick up some great tips for enjoying your cruise.

There are some very nice people on here, if you go you'll probably find that you have a good time - and pick up some great tips for enjoying your cruise.

Oh go on, you'll be telling me theres no bow door or couchettes next!!

Ps it was tongue in cheek ;)

Archived