How many photos have you come back with on your camera?

dvdkndy

The most that I have ever taken on a cruise was almost 2,200 photos between 3 cameras. But our vacation/cruise next week I have a feeling will be more. We have a wedding, group excursions, parties, and just ready to have fun

Can't wait to see your review! Hope your dad is doing well. Have a great cruise!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can't wait to see your review! Hope your dad is doing well. Have a great cruise!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey Matt....how have you been?? Yes my dad is doing much better....thank you. I've actually spent the last few nights researching new cameras. I think I've decided on a new point and shoot. On our last cruise in July my Panasonic Point and Shoot developed a black spot on the lens that would come and go. I don't want to have any issues on the cruise with that happening again.

Plus I've started to get interested in the introductory GoPro Hero underwater camera. It's only $129.00 and I think it would be a good way to get started with videos

My wife carries cameras and lens when we cruise. It's not unusual for her to take 2000 pictures or more. She sometimes shoots the same scene with different settings and modes. She enjoys what she does and doesn't mind weeding through the pictures to pick out the best for her website and photo books.

Happy cruising!

• 2 weeks later...

On our recent 12 day British Isles cruise we too about 5,300 pictures using 3 cameras. Eventually many will be erased. This time I took extras because I was using Manual Mode for the 1st time and often took multiple shots using different settings.

Moral, if any, is bring back film! At least with 36-shots per cartridge, there is a tendency to take less!

Indeed, film made chosing what one takes a picture of much better.

Fortunately, going through 2000+ pictures on a computer with a good overview/thumbnail + enlarge/hoverover feature makes it much easier than flipping through 2000 pieces of paper.

I have moments where I take a picture of every corner I see and other times where I get a lot more selective, depends a bit on what one is seeing I guess ;)

Typically I'll at least put the pix in a per-location/day folder, that keeps the count down quite a bit already for me at least.

Big issue is the phone though, always forget to get the photos of that thing and thus end up with a long series of unrelated pix in it.

Still got to get a real hang on proper photography though, but that is why one can just claim "I am a vacation photographer" or "I am playing Japanese tourist" :)

I have moments where I take a picture of every corner I see and other times where I get a lot more selective, depends a bit on what one is seeing I guess ;)

Typically I'll at least put the pix in a per-location/day folder, that keeps the count down quite a bit already for me at least.

This is what my wife does as well. She says it helps to keep them organized and makes it easier to assemble them for creating slide shows for her website.

Edited by JimAOk1945