Norwegian Virgin - I did it but with questions !

Booked a Haven Penthouse Suite on Getaway for a Caribbean cruise in May for self and DW, first ever cruise with Norwegian.

Have a bunch of first timer questions, any help you guys can give would be much appreciated.

1. Is Haven worth the extra money, it looked amazing?

2. I opted for the Platinum Insurance - anyone have any experience of making claims, e.g. is it a pay first and claim it back deal? Does it cover you for shipboard medical treatment without up front payment?

3. They say that the ship leaves at 4pm, but that you should be there 2 hours earlier - what's the best time/earliest time to arrive at the terminal?

4. Do suite residents get priority check-in, or can I pay extra for priority check-in?

5. I got promo codes 14WAVE, DINING, PPSRVCHG, ULTIMATE - are these the food and beverage deals?

6. Does NCL have a recommended limo service - this is kind of a special vacation, I want to push it out a little bit.

7. Any other upgrades I should seriously consider booking in advance.

Sorry for all the newbie questions, and thanks in advance !!

1. Dunno. How fat is your wallet? What does "worth it" mean? The Haven is wonderful and people seem to enjoy it.

2. No clue.

3. They say all guests must be on board 2 hours prior to departure -- not "at the pier". Early folks seem to get there around 10 or 10:30. Since you're in a suite, get there whenever you'd like.

4. Cannot pay extra for priority check-in. For suite guests only.

5. Doni't know what 14WAVE is, I think DINING is the dining package, PPSRVCHG is pre-paid service charge, and ULTIMATE is probably the UBP.

6. http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/getting-to-the-pier

7. Aside from higher tier suites, there isn't many other upgrades you can get.

Edited by triptolemus

Booked a Haven Penthouse Suite on Getaway for a Caribbean cruise in May for self and DW, first ever cruise with Norwegian.

Have a bunch of first timer questions, any help you guys can give would be much appreciated.

1. Is Haven worth the extra money, it looked amazing?

A: I certainly think it is. You will be spoiled

2. I opted for the Platinum Insurance - anyone have any experience of making claims, e.g. is it a pay first and claim it back deal? Does it cover you for shipboard medical treatment without up front payment?

A: I always buy insurance myself and not from any cruise line. Can't help you here

3. They say that the ship leaves at 4pm, but that you should be there 2 hours earlier - what's the best time/earliest time to arrive at the terminal?

I would arrive around 10:30 am. VIP passengers (you) will start boarding after 11:00. Haven Restaurant opens at noon for lunch

4. Do suite residents get priority check-in, or can I pay extra for priority check-in?

A: Once you clear security there will be a VIP checkin area clearly marked and you already paid girl it

5. I got promo codes 14WAVE, DINING, PPSRVCHG, ULTIMATE - are these the food and beverage deals?

A: yes

6. Does NCL have a recommended limo service - this is kind of a special vacation, I want to push it out a little bit.

They have one listed on their web page but lots of options in Miami.

7. Any other upgrades I should seriously consider booking in advance.

I think you have all the upgrades needed. Maybe add a spa pass once onboard. The concierge can do that for you.

Sorry for all the newbie questions, and thanks in advance !!

All good questions did my best to answer above