Parking at NCL dock in NYC

42ak

We are taking the Norwegian Dawn leaving from NYC to Bermuda. Has anyone ever parked their car for the week there? If so, do you have to call and reserve a spot? Any idea of the cost? Is it safe?

If you opt to have family drop you off, is there a lot available to leave your car for a short period of time?

Thanks for any information you can give.:)

Many CCers have reported parking at the pier during their cruise. No problems that I can ever recall.

Here's a link to the New York Passenger Ship Terminal's web site for all the details about parking, directions, etc.:

http://www.nycruise.com/parkNYC.html

No reservations. $30 per night; $300 for 10-30 nights. Cash or credit card.

We are taking the Norwegian Dawn leaving from NYC to Bermuda. Has anyone ever parked their car for the week there? If so, do you have to call and reserve a spot? Any idea of the cost? Is it safe?

If you opt to have family drop you off, is there a lot available to leave your car for a short period of time?

Thanks for any information you can give.:)

We did this twice, did not have to reserve a spot, car was safe, don't remember what it cost. There was not a short term spot to park while letting guests off, you have to let them off with their luggage and then go park and meet them inside. Hope this helps.

Very safe. My husband forgot to lock the door so used the remote from our balcony. You could hear it "beep" from there.

Also, they don't take American Express.

This won't apply to you but I read of people who got blocked in during a blizzard that hit while they were away.

Many CCers have reported parking at the pier during their cruise. No problems that I can ever recall.

Here's a link to the New York Passenger Ship Terminal's web site for all the details about parking, directions, etc.:

No reservations. $30 per night; $300 for 10-30 nights. Cash or credit card.

master card and visa only....

We have parked at the pier many times. About three years ago they changed the entrance and exit's around. Now it's level one buses, taxi's, limos,car service drop off. level two curbside drop off [non commercial cars]. Level three parking. If you park at the pier go to level three pay to park and unload your bags near the elevator. Go park and take the elevator to level two. The porters will take your bags outside the elevators and enter the the term. on level two.

PS. If you get dropped off i'm not sure if they could park on the pier for a short time. For $30.00 a day unload and say goodby at the curb.

no parking at the curb for even a minute.

they used to have a day rate listed but no more and they added the following which is also new

Please Note:

Payment is due upon arrival into the parking lot.

Taxes are included in the rates.

Crusie parking opens at 9:00 a.m.

Check out 1:00 p.m.

In my experience, it was always completely safe and painless. You can see your car from the ship. Easy walk with your luggage to the elevator for embarkation and if you do the self-disembark when returning, you're on your way driving home in ten to fifteen minutes.

Parking at the pier is fine but we save a hundred bucks by parking in Jersey at the Weehawkin ferry termianl(Imperial) then ferry to 39th St in Manhatten and walk about 10 blocks-If you pack light and can handle a walk with luggage its not bad. You also do not have to drive in NYC.

Hi,

We have parked at the NYC pier many many times and have never had a problem. Once the pier is full, they lock it until the ship is back in port. Don't hesitate to park there. It's so easy and once you're back in NYC you just go up to the car and drive home. No waiting for someone to pick you up. If you are not outside the terminal when they drive up, they have to go around and around until you're outside. That's a headache! Enjoy your trip!

They also take cash ( 210$ for the week ),

- is it safe ?, well not safer then anything else. Anyone walking up can enter the parking lot and do what ever to your car.

- the parking also serves for the marine and air museum, it is not an Ncl parking. So alot of in and out daily.

That said, we had no problem with it except we were stuck in almost 2 feet of snow :eek: that they plow against your car when they clean the lot. They do put salt on it to prevent it from being ice hard.

We will park there again in may 2011 for our next cruise , hope I wont have to take the shovel out :p

• 1 month later...
We have parked at the pier many times. About three years ago they changed the entrance and exit's around. Now it's level one buses, taxi's, limos,car service drop off. level two curbside drop off [non commercial cars]. Level three parking. If you park at the pier go to level three pay to park and unload your bags near the elevator. Go park and take the elevator to level two. The porters will take your bags outside the elevators and enter the the term. on level two.

My father-in-law is dropping us off on Saturday morning. This information is really helpful. The directions I've found on the NYcruise website, on Google Maps, and on MapQuest have been a little confusing.

Is it easy to get from the Lincoln Tunnel to the pier? On 12th Avenue, are there signs telling you where to go?

Thanks again!

They also take cash ( 210$ for the week ),

- is it safe ?, well not safer then anything else. Anyone walking up can enter the parking lot and do what ever to your car.

- the parking also serves for the marine and air museum, it is not an Ncl parking. So alot of in and out daily.

That said, we had no problem with it except we were stuck in almost 2 feet of snow :eek: that they plow against your car when they clean the lot. They do put salt on it to prevent it from being ice hard.

We will park there again in may 2011 for our next cruise , hope I wont have to take the shovel out :p

It's a little safer, there is security.

The cruise parking does not serve for the marine and air museum, it is cruise and long term parking only so no in/out daily unless there is another ship and the parking fills up on that pier.

The lot is locked once your ship leaves. Each pier has a parking lot.

Archived