Live From the Carnival Valor... Again

Kokomo_Man

Live From the Carnival Valor… Again

Once again I’ll be doing a “Live From…” for the next week. Actually this one will be only 6 days. Of course I’ll be doing my usual muses, rants, and observations of the cruise. But this time I’m going to do a couple of things a bit different.

First, this is “Camp Grandma”. All of my kids (five of um)… their spouses… and OMG all of their kids. Altogether there are 23 of us. So I’ll be posting some stuff from the kid’s point of view. We’ve got kids ranging from 4 years old to 19 years old. (I think the 19 is mostly “adult” but it will be good to hear a bit from that age.) The older kids (7 to 16) will be doing their own writing and I’ll be “interviewing” the younger kids.

The second thing I’m going to “try out” is I’ll be posting some stuff on twitter. This is new to me. The big reason I’m going to try this is it is really easy to post photos from my phone. It’s also really easy to post quick observations (140 characters or less). (My phone has one of those speech to text features too.) Maybe the biggest reason for using twitter is that this is the new social media. Ok… it’s not all that new and I figure you’ve either got to stay up with the technology or become a dinosaur… and we all know what happened to the dinosaurs.

My twitter address(?) is @KokomoMan. By the way, this twitter account will be dedicated to cruising stuff only... so you won't have to suffer through me contemplating my navel while watching NASCAR races.

I’ll still be posting here on cruise critic, so if you are adverse to twitter it won’t be a problem. So, come along with me to another adventure… this time to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios.

Bob

Memories of Naked Fanny

Once again I’ll be doing a “Live From…” for the next week. Actually this one will be only 6 days. Of course I’ll be doing my usual muses, rants, and observations of the cruise. But this time I’m going to do a couple of things a bit different.

First, this is “Camp Grandma”. All of my kids (five of um)… their spouses… and OMG all of their kids. Altogether there are 23 of us. So I’ll be posting some stuff from the kid’s point of view. We’ve got kids ranging from 4 years old to 19 years old. (I think the 19 is mostly “adult” but it will be good to hear a bit from that age.) The older kids (7 to 16) will be doing their own writing and I’ll be “interviewing” the younger kids.

The second thing I’m going to “try out” is I’ll be posting some stuff on twitter. This is new to me. The big reason I’m going to try this is it is really easy to post photos from my phone. It’s also really easy to post quick observations (140 characters or less). (My phone has one of those speech to text features too.) Maybe the biggest reason for using twitter is that this is the new social media. Ok… it’s not all that new and I figure you’ve either got to stay up with the technology or become a dinosaur… and we all know what happened to the dinosaurs.

My twitter address(?) is @KokomoMan. By the way, this twitter account will be dedicated to cruising stuff only... so you won't have to suffer through me contemplating my navel while watching NASCAR races.

I’ll still be posting here on cruise critic, so if you are adverse to twitter it won’t be a problem. So, come along with me to another adventure… this time to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios.

Bob

Memories of Naked Fanny

I am looking forward to this! I love the live from reviews.. and this one with so many different views is gonna be a fun one to read! And yes, please post it all here... I dont twit... or tweet... whatever it is :)

Looking forward to this!!

I had a great cruise on the Valor with excellent staff and service....one of the best of all my cruises.....last year. Hoping you all have the same!!

I do not tweet yet so I'll be checking here :) Maybe this is a good time for me to "practice" twitter so I don't disappear like the dinosaurs :eek:

Hi there,

Really looking forward to your posts. We are going on the Valor in October and I just love hearing anything and everything about this ship. I am new to Twitter as well so following you will be fun! Thanks,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm "onboard" too! Thanks for posting the link on your Freedom review post. I'm really looking forward to reading about your adventure, especially since I almost booked Carnival Freedom (we booked Liberty of the Seas because the pricing was a little cheaper, believe it or not!). Anyway, I'm interested in giving Carnival a try one of these days, and would love to hear not only your impressions of Valor, but a comparison between your Freedom cruise and this cruise.

Bon voyage!

Cruising along with you here and following you on Twitter!

I will be on Valor in May 2013 when her home port is San Juan.

Looking forward to your report!

Thanks for taking the time out of your vacation to allow us to cruise with you!

Anne

Bob

Memories of Naked Fanny

Excellent! We are sailing Valor in Jan. '13, 1st time & I look forward to "all things Valor" live!

Don't twitter; but I do "CC"!

Day 0

Its day 0… you know the sail away day. It’s sort of not a cruise day, but it sort of is a cruise day. So I call it day 0. The other reason for calling it Day 0 is because when I write it and think to myself… Day-0h… Day-yay-yay Oh. And once I do that I’m singing the whole song… and hopefully you’re doing the same thing.

This has been different this time. Usually Day 0 has been just a day to get up late, go to the boat in the early afternoon and just chill most of the time. But today it’s been a zoo. Traveling with twenty-two other people has been like herding cats. So it was up early and organizing getting everyone to the boat. It wasn’t a big deal, but still... moving 22 people from a hotel and getting them all on the boat seemed to take a lot of effort.

The sail away party seemed to get people rockin’ a bit more than usual. Everyone all around the ship was dancing and really getting into the cruise. It looks like this is going to be a really fun cruise.

I posted some pictures of the sail away on twitter - @KokomoMan.

Someone that is also following on Twitter let me know how that is working. I’m brand new at it so I’m figuring out that stuff as we go.

Of course there was the usual mandatory safety drill just before sail away. In past cruises everyone seemed to be talking, drinking another “drink of the day” at the sail away… having a great time, but paying little attention to the safety briefing. This time it was a lot different. Everyone was quiet and paid attention to what was being said. I think maybe the Concordia is still on everyone’s mind.

That’s all for this post since it’s Day 0, there’s not much more yet.

Bob

Memories of Naked Fanny

Archived