Playing 'Hide the Conquest'...

*Mach*

Just a tad foggy today....

Hows the "Host" Lifestyle???...lol

John

Yeah, but looking at the cam over the last ten or so minutes the fog is dissipating a bit.

The hosting thing... the first few days were remarkably busy but things have settled down nicely as I slowly get into the swing of things... It's quite a bit different than I expected, not bad at all, just different!

;)

Gonna be some angry cruisers, tomorrow complaining about missed flights and such. :(

Yeah... those who counted on self debarking at seven AM are gonna be out of luck. Gotta stick to those scheduled times when making plans...

The hosting thing... the first few days were remarkably busy but things have settled down nicely as I slowly get into the swing of things... It's quite a bit different than I expected, not bad at all, just different!

;)

So what exactly does a host do other than keep us rowdy cruisers in line?

So what exactly does a host do other than keep us rowdy cruisers in line?

Ummm... try to earn a living so I can feed my cruising addiction!

More accurately, we all host multiple forums so glancing at them throughout the day to watch for violations of the guidelines is the majority of the responsibility. Now, others, like Host Randy, are busy putting together massive floating parties, like the one on April 26, 2009 on the Splendor!!!

;)

Looks like the Conquest is gonna be a little late. It's pretty foggy in Galveston this morning.

http://www.galveston.com/webcams/

Well, I'm sorry they are late because of people needing to make flights, etc, BUT... i'm glad I will get to see her pull in!:D I wonder since it is foggy if she will do "the turn" or just pull in straight?:confused:

Me too Sheri, I have yet to see her dock.

When the Conquest was in New Orleans, I did get to see her go out around the bend, pretty exciting. Well, not as exciting as being on her, but, if i have to be doing something related to cruising, that would be about the most exciting thing next to being there.

The Conquest running late because of fog is a perfect example of why you should not book your return flight home TOO early!! You never know what is gonna cause the ship to get back late! Booking a flight very early would make ME a nervous wreck, worrying about whether or not I would make it on time! :eek: :eek:

The Conquest running late because of fog is a perfect example of why you should not book your return flight home TOO early!! You never know what is gonna cause the ship to get back late! Booking a flight very early would make ME a nervous wreck, worrying about whether or not I would make it on time! :eek: :eek:

Me too, I always book flights around 2 or 3 in the afternoon. I can't imagine worrying sick if I dont make my flight home. Better safe than sorry.

Well, I'm sorry they are late because of people needing to make flights, etc, BUT... i'm glad I will get to see her pull in!:D I wonder since it is foggy if she will do "the turn" or just pull in straight?:confused:

I'd expect that the pilot will pivot the ship. I believe the only reason they don't is wind. A very strong wind can make it dangerous to rotate the ship in the channel.

Archived