Aqua Amenities Changes?

Chooz2Cruz

In April, they did not have the table side muesli. It was already prepared in the kitchen and it was horrible. We heard they were designing carts with some sort of sneeze cover to replace the ones with no cover and it would resume when they got them. Maybe that was just to make us feel good. I haven't heard if these are in place yet.

On the Summit this past August to Bermuda the muesli cart was used in Blu.

On the Equinox AQ in July

No Muesli cart.

No bottled waters in the room past the first day. I did convince my cabin attendant to steal me a few.

The same boring Blu menu that never changes. The execution is not as good.

Example : the menu lists a duck confit leg. I received a sausage patty. I asked what that was and where the confit leg was.....

That question confused the wait staff, as they had no idea what confit even meant.

Unless there's a can't miss Tuesday special ( as this was, $200 a night for the cabin, including single supplement ), I'm only traveling Celebrity in suites to get Luminae. I can't take Blu anymore, I at there three times in two weeks. I'd rather eat in the Lawn Club, Tuscan Grill or sushi on 5.

Unless there's a can't miss Tuesday special ( as this was, $200 a night for the cabin, including single supplement ), I'm only traveling Celebrity in suites to get Luminae. I can't take Blu anymore, I at there three times in two weeks. I'd rather eat in the Lawn Club, Tuscan Grill or sushi on 5.

The Solstice had a Specialty Restaurant package for $29 per day and you can eat in a specialty restaurant (Silk Harvest, Tuscan Grill, Murano, Sushi on 5) every night and twice on the voyage for lunch. Purchase an Inside Cabin if you wish and eat like a king for only $29 per day more.

On the Summit late August we received canapes the first day but never again. No form to request them was ever provided. Our steward never talked about them.

The bottle of sparkling wine was on ice waiting when we boarded.

We were told the bottles of water in the room were complimentary the first day only. Since we could get water with our beverage package that wasn't an issue.

It looks like the "included amenities" varies depending on which ship and even which steward.

On the Summit late August we received canapes the first day but never again. No form to request them was ever provided. Our steward never talked about them.

The bottle of sparkling wine was on ice waiting when we boarded.

We were told the bottles of water in the room were complimentary the first day only. Since we could get water with our beverage package that wasn't an issue.

It looks like the "included amenities" varies depending on which ship and even which steward.

This has always been true and even true for other cruiselines.

If you're aware of what amenities you should be provided you sometimes need to request them.

On our last cruise on the Summit in August we were in an A1 cabin. On the second day, I gave our cabin attendant $20 broken down in a $10 and two $5s. I told him to do with it as he wished. He immediately walked to his assistant and gave him half. I wanted to see how he would handle it and he did the right thing.

We actually had water show up in our AQ1 cabin regularly although not every day. We also received a second heavy duty bag in a bag plus one of those lighter ones that everyone gets. We received canapes daily with ice filled twice daily. The pillows each had three chocolates every night.

So we had a good team taking care of us. I did give them another tip before we left.

Edited by ChucktownSteve