Chic Night Straw Poll

cruise101

I don't think a mans tux jacket and pair of slacks is going to add more that two pounds to anyones luggage. It's just an excuse. Lets just drop the luggage argument. It doesn't carry any weight. No pun meant. You more than likely will end up carrying more causal clothes adding more weight. My guess is a pair of jeans adds perhaps more weight than a pair of tux pants. The fabric is more dense. Let's keep this alive until we get a change of CEO's or hope for a return to tradition.

We use a scale to weigh our luggage before we leave. A tux or suit weighs only a few pounds. The "extra" weight excuse is a load of crap. Just means you can stuff more jeans in your bag & less nice clothes. We save our tuxes for Cunard & wear suits on Celebrity. We then fine tune the weight till where it's below the 50lb. limit. Not really hard to do.

I am very happy you are able to handle your own suitcases. Unfortunately, not everyone has been blessed with excellent health. I was in great health until a medical doctor "botched" a "minor" surgical procedure and put me in the ICU for 7 months followed by 2 months in a rehab hospital and then 8 more months of outpatient therapy. All this to learn how to walk, eat, etc. This event left me disabled and unable to continue working. Trust me, I would rather be able to handle 50 lb suitcases and work than be disabled. Saying that, I take what I want and dress how I want. Number of suitcases and weight does not enter into my decisions. Just my opinion and no offense to anyone. By the way, I am a male.

I certainly hope you found a very capable lawyer to handle that screw up! Look what happened to Joan Rivers!

I am very happy you are able to handle your own suitcases. Unfortunately, not everyone has been blessed with excellent health. I was in great health until a medical doctor "botched" a "minor" surgical procedure and put me in the ICU for 7 months followed by 2 months in a rehab hospital and then 8 more months of outpatient therapy. All this to learn how to walk, eat, etc. This event left me disabled and unable to continue working. Trust me, I would rather be able to handle 50 lb suitcases and work than be disabled. Saying that, I take what I want and dress how I want. Number of suitcases and weight does not enter into my decisions. Just my opinion and no offense to anyone. By the way, I am a male.

I'm sure you must know I'm not talking about anyone with a medical situation. Believe me I know and I am more than grateful to be able to do what I do.

Bingo. I've seen men in the MDR wearing bib overalls. Totally inappropriate.

I hate the airline weight restriction excuse. Just grow a set and say you don't want to dress up. Celebrity has changed the dress code. In the words of Cole Porter,"Anything Goes".
Edited by awhcruiser