Breakfast menu MDR

louhun88

If one of the "combo" entrees doesn't have everything you want, then order things separately....they will "mix and match", if you desire! I LOVE the MDR for breakfast!

The best part is no waiting in line, no searching for syrup, butter, jam....it's all right there on the table! A lovely way to start the day!

Some of the menu is the same every day, but there is a special daily offering like special omelets or quiches. Also - there is a very nice fresh fruit and hor/cold cereal bar. Generally on the last sea day, there is a chocolate breakfast that includes chocolate pastries, pancakes or waffles with chocolate syrup or chips.

Enjoy

If one of the "combo" entrees doesn't have everything you want, then order things separately....they will "mix and match", if you desire! I LOVE the MDR for breakfast!

The best part is no waiting in line, no searching for syrup, butter, jam....it's all right there on the table! A lovely way to start the day!

cb at sea, SHHHHHH! The one of the best things about the MDR for breakfast is that it is not crowded :)

Does anyone have the breakfast menu for the main dining room?? (going on grandeur of the seas - don't know if they differ from ship to ship)

Breakfast on most any ship is are usual fare: eggs, pancakes, smoked salmon, fruits, yogurts, rolls, etc. It's a wonderful calm way to start the day!

If you want much variety, you can try the buffet area. They always seem to have much more selections. But for me, unless the MDR is closed, I eat in the Buffet by default, same for lunch on Port Days, no choice, unless we do room service, which we don't except for late day snack to hold us off till 8:00 dinner (MTD).

RCCI has a wonderful salad bar in the MDR when they are open. You can mix and match and they do it for you! It's yummy :-) Best thing for lunch in the MDR.

Safe sails!

It's none of your business!!!

Stop being a pigeon and leave the statue to plan her cruise as she pleases

AHHH??? I think matj2000 was trying to tease this newbie because we all make plans of what we plan on doing, eating and wearing. I am also planning on doing this on all my cruises and one of them isn't until February 2012.

I found this, right here at Cruise Critic. It is four years old but from my last cruise on The Voyager this past January, it really hasn't changed too much.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=276379

That is essentially the menu we enjoyed a week ago on the Radiance. Also, do not forget the specialty coffee for diamonds and diamonds plus.

Last January on FOS, we asked for a table for 2 at breakfast. I do not like feeling I need to be sociable before coffee! The hostess let it be known that we were making things difficult for her. She had us stand to the side and we waited and waited and waited. We finally gave up and went to the WJ. Breakfast and lunch are served on the main floor DR that is used for traditional dining and most of the tables are large. That makes getting a table for 2 at breakfast or lunch less likely than for dinner.

The menu posted looks very similar to the menu on the Serenade this past summer. Typical breakfast fare. We did not find Eggs Benedict on the menu (one of the main reasons we went to the MDR over the Windjammer) and asked the waiter. No problem at all. Five of the six in our party ordered the Eggs Benny with no problems. Wonder why it isn't on the menu any longer if they still offer it on request? Interesting.

Last January on FOS, we asked for a table for 2 at breakfast. I do not like feeling I need to be sociable before coffee! The hostess let it be known that we were making things difficult for her. She had us stand to the side and we waited and waited and waited. We finally gave up and went to the WJ. Breakfast and lunch are served on the main floor DR that is used for traditional dining and most of the tables are large. That makes getting a table for 2 at breakfast or lunch less likely than for dinner.

We had the same problem on the Navigator, where we were just told, flat out, "no." We ended up being seated at a table for 6 and had to wait about 20 minutes for it to be filled before we could order.:mad: Needless to say, that was the last time we had breakfast there on that trip and my husband refused to try it on the next cruise too. Finally got him to do it on the third cruise and we loved it- never had a small table but didn't have to wait either.

The menu posted looks very similar to the menu on the Serenade this past summer. Typical breakfast fare. We did not find Eggs Benedict on the menu (one of the main reasons we went to the MDR over the Windjammer) and asked the waiter. No problem at all. Five of the six in our party ordered the Eggs Benny with no problems. Wonder why it isn't on the menu any longer if they still offer it on request? Interesting.

On Jewel of the Seas, someone at our table was told eggs benedict was only available to diamond members. Yes, you might still get it on request but it is no longer readily available.

Don't EVER stand for that sort of treatment. We always present to the dining room with the words "table for two" not "two for breakfast". Sometimes we have been shown to a large table but we always reitterate "a table for two please". If you are treated rudely then by all means ask to speak to a supervisor. We have cruised on several different lines and occasionally we will run into that attitude. We always insist (politely) and we have never been refused. Don't tolerate rudeness. You WILL be accomodated. Just remember be firm but polite. Bon Voyage!

AHHH??? I think matj2000 was trying to tease this newbie because we all make plans of what we plan on doing, eating and wearing. I am also planning on doing this on all my cruises and one of them isn't until February 2012.

No, we don't ALL plan our food. I don't. I see no point.

I don't ask for old cruise compasses, either.

But, I am completely in favor of other's enjoying their pre-cruise preparations as they desire. Breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day.

Traveling1969 - I don't like to make a fuss about things, so we left. Later, when I had time to calm down, I realized I should have been more insistent (not pushy - just firm). I had noted the woman's name and made sure I mentioned it on my cruise review that you leave on the ship. I have heard that RCI REALLY pays attention to these comments - especially when people are mentions by name. I hope she was shown my comment and will adjust her attitude.

It's none of your business!!!

Stop being a pigeon and leave the statue to plan her cruise as she pleases

Well, I booked our very 1st cruise in August 2010 and it isn't until Feb 2011. I am already scanning menus, food items, etc.

We're foodies and love reading and asking about it!

Don't EVER stand for that sort of treatment. We always present to the dining room with the words "table for two" not "two for breakfast". Sometimes we have been shown to a large table but we always reitterate "a table for two please". If you are treated rudely then by all means ask to speak to a supervisor. We have cruised on several different lines and occasionally we will run into that attitude. We always insist (politely) and we have never been refused. Don't tolerate rudeness. You WILL be accomodated. Just remember be firm but polite. Bon Voyage!

Great advice, thank you. I would do the same! We plan to eat every meal at a table for 2! I have severe allergies to perfume, so for that reason, we will be dining alone. I hope we don't get that treatment, but if we do, I will certainly ask to speak to a supervisor.

Great advice, thank you. I would do the same! We plan to eat every meal at a table for 2! I have severe allergies to perfume, so for that reason, we will be dining alone. I hope we don't get that treatment, but if we do, I will certainly ask to speak to a supervisor.

We intend to eat at a table of two as well, especially in the morning you don't want to have to be sociable (at least until i have had loads of caffiene:D)

Don't limit yourself to the main dinning room, the windjammer has the best breakfast on the ship with the made to order omelets. In fact the only "bad" breakfast we had was room service we ordered scrambled eggs, I am not sure where they came from but what ever they were calling eggs had never been on the same farm as a chicken...

Don't limit yourself to the main dinning room, the windjammer has the best breakfast on the ship with the made to order omelets. In fact the only "bad" breakfast we had was room service we ordered scrambled eggs, I am not sure where they came from but what ever they were calling eggs had never been on the same farm as a chicken...

Can you only get omelettes in the buffet? if so we'll be eating their coz my mum loves omelettes :)

Archived