Richard spacey

velcam

Yup, we were bummed too about no Richard (11/5 sailing). I posted elsewhere about my dissatisfaction with CD Amy Fickert. I wonder how many sailings they'll give her before they pull the plug due to (inevitable) poor guest reviews...

We were on the November 5 sailing of Oasis and inquired as to what happened to Richard Spacey. We were told by one of the Port Shopping staff that he was just on a couple week vacation and would be back. Of course, unless I book another cruise real soon , I won't know if that's true or not! (sounds like a good excuse to book another cruise though, right?) LOL

Amy Fickert, an Assistant Cruise Director, was not as polished as Richard, but she did put forth an effort to make sure everyone had a great time!! IMHO

We were on his final Oasis cruise. The last night they gave him a big card and talked about how this was his final voyage on Oasis, and that he would be going on the Explorer after his vacation. His Activities Director Mitch was being promoted to Cruise Director on Enchantment after his vacation. Richard talked about how this had been a very emotional week for him and how much he would miss the Oasis, but how he was looking forward to Explorer.

We were on the Oasis for Halloween and Richard announced that he was leaving the Oasis same as us when we got off the ship. He didn't say where he was going or what he was going to do.:confused:

We were on that cruise also, heard the same thing.

We were on his final Oasis cruise. The last night they gave him a big card and talked about how this was his final voyage on Oasis, and that he would be going on the Explorer after his vacation. His Activities Director Mitch was being promoted to Cruise Director on Enchantment after his vacation. Richard talked about how this had been a very emotional week for him and how much he would miss the Oasis, but how he was looking forward to Explorer.

I hope this is true. We will be on the Explorer in a few weeks.

Isn't the Explorer after the Oasis, sort of a "demotion"? I would think RCL would want their very best, on the biggest, newest ships. Richard is certainly one of the Very Best. I've been hoping to catch up with him again, since I saw him on Majesty, way back when. I just booked Oasis, and now he's gone, of course. Perhaps he wanted to return to a bit smaller ship. lol

Archived