Johnny Rockets and milkshakes?

xray

So we got the free Soda package free from our TA as well (the $6.50 package). Does that change anything?

If you have any of the drink packages that include soda then you do not pay for soda, you just pay the cover charge. Milkshakes are not included in Johnny Rockets with any drink package. Do watch your Cruise Compass or call and ask about when Happy Hour is at JR, as I mentioned earlier we were there about 2:00pm one day and the milkshakes were free because it was Happy Hour.

So for the happy hour I can get the free milk shake for just showing up or I must still pay the flat fee to eat there to get the it?

I have never heard of a Happy Hour with free milkshakes from Johnny Rockets....if I had, I would have been there everyday. I will pay for the milkshake it is THAT GOOD!

Sometimes I make my own free shake using the free soft serve chocolate ice cream (yogurt) and milk. Not near as good as JR's, but not bad.

Or just fill up a large water glass with the chocolate frozen yogurt and let it melt....add nothing...then just use a straw.

I have never heard of a Happy Hour with free milkshakes from Johnny Rockets....if I had, I would have been there everyday. I will pay for the milkshake it is THAT GOOD!

Oasis has had a buy one meal get one free at JR, but I have never seen a free milkshake. On our last few Oasis cruises they had the BOGO offer from something like 6-8pm.

Side note, I love the peanut butter milkshakes.

Edited by A&L_Ont

now that is creative!:)

Not sure how it would work out...but worth a try....I guess.....then go into the WJ and see if they have some peanut butter....and that and MIX, MIX and MIX and see what happens....the worst that can happen is that it ends up being thrown out...probably not.

Not to mention cheaper!

The Johnny Rockets milkshakes are worth the splurge in cost....they are that good....but everyday, no; way too many calories. Once a cruise, absolutely.

Do I love chocolate anything, just about...add peanut butter and it is even better....what can I say.

We sailed on Liberty almost two years ago, but the info here lines up with what I remember. The milkshakes were overpriced IMO - they were fast-food style (vanilla softserve with chocolate syrup mixed in) and not very big. I am a big fan of milkshakes and after buying one of these I would not buy another. I would rather spend $6 at Ben and Jerry's like we did on Enchantment. THOSE were good milkshakes.

Not sure where you got your information about the ice cream in the shakes. It is regular ice cream. Here is the description:

"Millions of people around the world go out of their way to taste Johnny Rockets thick, and creamy shakes & malts. Hand-dipped, & hand-spun, they're made with the finest USDA certified premium vanilla ice cream, whole milk, quality ingredients and real whipped cream. "

Actually most restaurants charge about $5 for one. One is big enough to share if you don't have a coupon. :D

The Johnny Rockets milkshakes are worth the splurge in cost....they are that good....but everyday, no; way too many calories. Once a cruise, absolutely.

Do I love chocolate anything, just about...add peanut butter and it is even better....what can I say.

If the 6.95 quoted here is what they are charging for a milkshake I have to disagree, it is not worth it. They were charging something like 4.50 not too long ago at the land based restaurants and that seemed a bit much then.

The all you can eat cover charge for a meal however sounds like a very good deal.

If the 6.95 quoted here is what they are charging for a milkshake I have to disagree, it is not worth it. They were charging something like 4.50 not too long ago at the land based restaurants and that seemed a bit much then.

The all you can eat cover charge for a meal however sounds like a very good deal.

Not sure about all the RC ships, but we were on Explorer last week and JR was $5.95 each person which was for AYCE including desert, but not for shakes and soda. They charged $4.50 for the shakes on our cruise and $2.25 a soda.

Edited by Irene7

Not sure about all the RC ships, but we were on Explorer last week and JR was $5.95 each person which was for AYCE including desert, but not for shakes and soda. They charged $4.50 for the shakes on our cruise and $2.25 a soda.

$4.50 would be in line with their land based locations so that makes sense. It's still a big much but not as bad as 7 bucks a shake.

$4.50 would be in line with their land based locations so that makes sense. It's still a big much but not as bad as 7 bucks a shake.

Not sure what you are comparing the cost. A large Blizzard at DQ is about $4.50. Personally, JR is several steps above DQ. A Love it Shake at Coldstone is $5.75. Sounding like a great deal to me with the BOGO!;)

Not sure what you are comparing the cost. A large Blizzard at DQ is about $4.50. Personally, JR is several steps above DQ. A Love it Shake at Coldstone is $5.75. Sounding like a great deal to me with the BOGO!;)

I don't count every every penny on vacation. The nearest Johnny Rockets for me at home is well over an hours drive, so to have a shake on the ship, with a BOGO coupon is a bargain. It is a bargain, if I want another one on the ship.

I like blizzards from DQ, they are good. I like the shakes from Steak N Shake, they are good, and splurge on the Johnny Rocket shake when have the opportunity. Except for breakfast (on the ships that offer it) I would not eat anything else at Johnny Rockets or for that matter at Steak N Shake at home.

I don't count every every penny on vacation. The nearest Johnny Rockets for me at home is well over an hours drive, so to have a shake on the ship, with a BOGO coupon is a bargain. It is a bargain, if I want another one on the ship.

I like blizzards from DQ, they are good. I like the shakes from Steak N Shake, they are good, and splurge on the Johnny Rocket shake when have the opportunity. Except for breakfast (on the ships that offer it) I would not eat anything else at Johnny Rockets or for that matter at Steak N Shake at home.

Not even JRs warm apple pie ala mode.Yum.

I don't know what a DQ menu looks like, I haven't been in one in years. I did look the local one up on Yelp just now and all 3 reviews said how high the prices were for what you got, the place is rated 1.5 out of 5 stars so I would hope they would aspire to something better.

The closest Johnny Rockets to me is about an hour away and inside an amusement park and charges (as best I can recall) 4.50 for a shake. Since Johnny Rockets land based businesses are what I was comparing to that's what I've got. The one that used to be here in town went out of business, it was never busy. If you compare to other businesses, there is an ice cream shop down the road that makes shakes with premium homemade ice cream and they only charge 3.95 for a shake.

The comment I replied to did not mention any special promotion, however a BOGO would lower the cost per shake down to 2.25 which is a good price.

Coldstone is an interesting thing, It's pretty good but I haven't been back there in quite a while because it's way overpriced for what it is also. It's just another chain specialty shop.

Johnny Rockets is ok, I'm sure I'll enjoy it much more than the main dining options. I just don't think their shakes are all that special or worth the price. I do think that 5.95 for AYCE is a pretty good deal, they should include a beverage though.

I am not into warm apple pie a la mode.....I would not eat it fast enough for the ice cream not to turn to milk over the warm apple pie. LOL

You guys are making me hungry. I had the apple pie al la mode at JR on Explorer last week and it was so good.

Edited by Irene7