Snorkel and Island tour?

gardiner41

I am looking for a snorkeling excursion in Aruba. I am an experienced snorkeler. Looking for good lively coral with lots of colour as well as a variety of fish and other Marine life. It can be from a beach or off a boat. If it is off a boat it must have easy access into the water...I don't like wobbly ladders.

We would also like to do a tour of the Island since this will be our first visit.

My DH is a non swimmer, but enjoys the beach and cooling off in shallow water. so a combo tour, or a snorkel tour then an island tour would work perfectly for us. we have a long day in port 7:00 - 5:00 Plenty of time to do a full day excursion or 2 part day excursions

Any and all suggestions with details of cost, and names of companies etc are appreciated. TIA

We are doing the Jolly Pirates snorkel tour from 9 - 1 (includes lunch) and then the Sonny Binns Tour from 2 - 5. I know you will have to be back at your ship by 4:30, so perhaps he could make your pick up time a bit earlier, like right after Jolly Pirates? Sonny is picking us up at the Moomba Beach Bar where Jolly Pirates ends.

Thank you!

We have booked Sonny for the morning and he is going to drop us off at Arashai Beach at the end of the tour.

We will spend the afternoon starting at Arashai, then walking down to Boca Catalina, and Malmok beaches.

at apx 3:00 (just before or after depending when the bus is supposed to come) we will catch the bus back to the pier.

I have invited people from our roll call to join us, for part or all of this day. We are still very early and already have 8 for Sonny's tour and a couple that are going to meet us at the beach.

Most of the people we are doing this with are also joining us on other Island tour and snorkeling excursions at our other ports as well.

We will bring a soft sided cooler with us to pack drinks and a picnic lunch in for the day and we will bring a portable popup sun shelter since there is not a lot of shade.

We are looking forward to seeing the Island both above and below the water!

I would be very very careful with a portable popup sun shelter in Aruba and how, if, it is secured. I have seen these uplifted by the wind only to become a flying missile. :(

You will be in Aruba in December? Sustained winds at that time of year average 15 mph with gusts averaging 31 mph.

IF you are diligent with your sunscreen you should be fine. Apply your sunscreen before dressing to leave the ship. If you are touring first, reapply when you arrive at the beach. Then reapply each time you come out of the water or as directed by the manufacturer. While you are snorkeling, to avoid a burn on your back you can of course wear a t-shirt, but that does not cover the back of your legs. ;)

Also the walk from Boca Catalina to Malmok is the furthest. Figure a little less than 1/2 mile (.4 miles).

Edited by Arubalisa

I would be very very careful with a portable popup sun shelter in Aruba and how, if, it is secured. I have seen these uplifted by the wind only to become a flying missile. :(

You will be in Aruba in December? Sustained winds at that time of year average 15 mph with gusts averaging 31 mph.

IF you are diligent with your sunscreen you should be fine. Apply your sunscreen before dressing to leave the ship. If you are touring first, reapply when you arrive at the beach. Then reapply each time you come out of the water or as directed by the manufacturer. While you are snorkeling, to avoid a burn on your back you can of course wear a t-shirt, but that does not cover the back of your legs. ;)

Also the walk from Boca Catalina to Malmok is the furthest. Figure a little less than 1/2 mile (.4 miles).

Thank you. Good to know the walk is about 10 min to Malmok.

As for the sun shelter. My husband is a non swimmer so he will be in it most of the time taking a nap...if the wind picks him up we have bigger problems LOL ;):)

(the better ones come with sand bags you fill to anchor them...not to say every one uses them though.)

Thank you. Good to know the walk is about 10 min to Malmok.

BTW THANKS for the MAP! That is very helpful!!!

Where do we catch the bus at either Boca Catalina or Malmok? (we may decide not to walk down if we really enjoy the snorkeling a the other two beaches.)