STP6 St.John Island tour

minnie mommie

St John is a popular place to visit, and we always head over when in St Thomas. A lot of people use this and other tours of St John, as a source of transportation only, skipping the tour itself. I would advise you to reserve in advance to make sure you get what you want, since you can't be guaranteed that it will be available once onboard. We booked our tour to St John back in September for our May cruise.....;)

Edited by ciera123

• 2 weeks later...

When on the Jewel of the Seas I booked a shore excursion the morning of the tour (about 1hour prior to departure). We had planned to go to St. John on our own but DH wasn't feeling well that morning and I didn't want to do it solo.

I was not able to get the trip I wanted (the tour along the shore of the National park beaches) but was able to buy the one that was a St. John shopping tour.

Once on the boat it turned out I was the only person not doing the trip along the shoreline to see the beaches with personal time after. They asked me if I'd 'mind' going along the beaches, that way they didn't have to dock first to let me off. Since it was the trip I wanted in the first place of course I didn't mind.

My point is all of these tours to St. John use the same ferry service so if one is full you can pick another and still get there.

Is there a way to find out if a tour is available without booking right away?

Sure, just go into you cruise planner and then to shore excursions. Put the excursion into your cart. You can go as far as you want, up till you add your credit card. You can find out what times are available, too.

Sure, just go into you cruise planner and then to shore excursions. Put the excursion into your cart. You can go as far as you want, up till you add your credit card. You can find out what times are available, too.

Do you need to put in a user name and password first before looking at tours ?

Do I have to go to MY ACCOUNT, enter user name & password to do this?

Do I have to go to MY ACCOUNT, enter user name & password to do this?

Yes, sign in, click on view reservation (on left mid-screen in blue), then at the top of that page click cruise planner and go to shore excursions. :)

Edited by ciera123