Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > North American Homeports > East Coast Departures > Florida Departures

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Florida Departures
Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami & Port Canaveral & Tampa

Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:07 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Fll Doubletree Suites Galleria

I just returned from a cruise on the Century. Used priceline and got the Doubletree Suites Galleria ( 3*) for $72.00 per night.
I was a little concerned about the hotel because I read good and bad reviews.
The hotel was great, the room was spacious, being a suite it had two rooms, one with the king size bed, one with a sofa, tv, dining room , and a small kitchen. This room would be great for a family.
They give you chocolate chip cookies when you arrive and any time you ask for them thereafter.
Our room overlooked the pool area and the waterway. If you do use this hotel , ask for a room facing the pool area, it will be a lot quieter. There is a bridge next to the hotel and the traffic may be too noisy for some when sleeping.
It is next to a mall, however we did not go there. We did go to a CVS(drugstore) and Wild Oats Grocery store across the street.
The water taxi stops right at the hotel and the beach is about two blocks away.

Old May 2nd, 2005, 10:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Thanks for the info

We have reserved a room at the Doubletree for our cruise in July. We picked it based on where it was located and the variety of things to do. I'm not worried now.