Two Deaths Reported on Norwegian Dawn

DJDaveS

From Boston.com

Two people died aboard a cruise ship that docked this morning at Boston’s Black Falcon Terminal, State Police said.

State Police are at the scene of the Norwegian Cruise Line ship that docked at 6:30 a.m., State Police said in a statement.

Both of the passengers died separately on the ship on Thursday.

One of the passengers, 67-year-old woman, has been removed from the vessel. Preliminary reports indicate her death was not suspicious, State Police said.

The second death, that of a 23-year-old man, is being investigated. His cause of death was unknown and his cabin was being scrutinized by crime scene investigators.

State Police said no determination had been made that his death was suspicious, but they were treating it that way because of his age and the unknown cause of his death.

The Norwegian Cruise Lines public relations office didn’t immediately return a message seeking comment.

No further information was immediately available.

From Boston.com

Two people died aboard a cruise ship that docked this morning at Boston’s Black Falcon Terminal, State Police said.

State Police are at the scene of the Norwegian Cruise Line ship that docked at 6:30 a.m., State Police said in a statement.

One of the passengers, 67-year-old woman, has been removed from the vessel. Preliminary reports indicate her death was not suspicious, State Police said.

The second death, that of a 23-year-old man, is being investigated. His cause of death was unknown and his cabin was being scrutinized by crime scene investigators.

State Police said no determination had been made that his death was suspicious, but they were treating it that way because of his age and the unknown cause of his death.

The Norwegian Cruise Lines public relations office didn’t immediately return a message seeking comment.

OMG. That's awful!

From Boston.com

Holy Cow, I don't think I have ever heard of two deaths on one ship...I am sure we will be kept abreast to what the whole story is.

Nita

Ok, some cameraman and pushy reporter just shoved a camera in my face and started asking me questions about this. No, I do not find it "creepy", thank you! Just to let you all know, we did not hear or see anything, and as you can imagine, as a good CC'er I have my proverbial ear to the ground. Did not see any cabins sealed off, extra security presence- nothing. I usually also look for the "black wagons" whenever we get to port- nothing.

Heading out on the Dawn tonight ( or are we ?) for the 2 night cruise to nowhere... Oh boy !

This might really be a cruise to NOWHERE...especially if they keep the ship in port for processing...

Just read in the Boston Herald about two deaths onboard. That's sad. :(

My sincere condolences to their families.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1376646&srvc=rss

I just saw a report on ch 4 noon news. Nothing new that the Globe didn't cover, except that there was no relation between the 2 pax. Both were traveling with family members.

This might really be a cruise to NOWHERE...especially if they keep the ship in port for processing...

I hope that both cabins are closed off at least for the CTN and the passengers that were booked in them are moved somewhere else. I realize no one would know those were the cabins but I think a lot of folks would wonder if they were staying in one of them.

Ok, some cameraman and pushy reporter just shoved a camera in my face and started asking me questions about this. No, I do not find it "creepy", thank you! Just to let you all know, we did not hear or see anything, and as you can imagine, as a good CC'er I have my proverbial ear to the ground. Did not see any cabins sealed off, extra security presence- nothing. I usually also look for the "black wagons" whenever we get to port- nothing.

Carla,

Wayne and I saw you on Channel 7's noon news report. Wayne wants to know why Tim was not on camera.

Sandy

Yikes, channel 7 is the one that interviewed me. Regarding my "creepiness" below, thank you for that! So nice to be back on line after a relaxing week at sea. My habit of looking for the black wagons stems from my career as a maritime attorney and my former marriage to a cop. One cruise we became friends with another lawyer/cop combo from our roll call. That cop told us he had seen two pull up to Noordan that morning.

I feel sorry that the crew has to deal with this. They are scheduled for an empty repo to FL after this CTN.

Yikes, channel 7 is the one that interviewed me. Regarding my "creepiness" below, thank you for that! So nice to be back on line after a relaxing week at sea. My habit of looking for the black wagons stems from my career as a maritime attorney and my former marriage to a cop. One cruise we became friends with another lawyer/cop combo from our roll call. That cop told us he had seen two pull up to Noordan that morning.

I feel sorry that the crew has to deal with this. They are scheduled for an empty repo to FL after this CTN.

I saw it on the channel 5 local news and they interviewed a woman who had talked to her cabin steward about both deaths. She was told that the woman had a heart attack and the young man had a seizure disorder and was thought to have had a seizure. The reporter stressed that it was all speculation and that State Police was turning it over to Federal Authorities.

Why is it that people are so anxious to report something without firsthand knowledge? "Speculation" equals "Rumors". "Rumors" passed on only become expounded. This subject is probably best left alone if for no other reason than respect for the respective families. Assuming any of this is true.

Archived