Topless Beaches??

pgerbphoto

You may have already read my "Which Beaches?" post - this is a follow-up to that. We are stopping at St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Which beaches do I want to AVOID because they are topless/nude? Not because I necessarily care that my 3 year old and 1 year old would see, but because I don't want my husband seeing someone else's boobs or maybe more! Thanks!

Edited by pgerbphoto
Left out itinerary

Highly, highly recommend you check out the Ports of Call boards here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

Each island has its own forum and you can gather loads of info about each port, beaches, taxi costs, tour operators, which beach may be topless or how much chair rentals are and so on....that's your best bet, rather than on this forum which is about Royal Caribbean Cruise line...Enjoy your sailing.

You may have already read my "Which Beaches?" post - this is a follow-up to that. We are stopping at St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Which beaches do I want to AVOID because they are topless/nude? Not because I necessarily care that my 3 year old and 1 year old would see, but because I don't want my husband seeing someone else's boobs or maybe more! Thanks!

Orient beach is very nice but one section is nude. However, they love to stroll the beach topless and the men wear thongs with a "little pouch" in the front. Believe me, you will wish that 90% of them would just put on some clothes because it's not a pretty sight and your husband will probably be disgusted at what he sees. It's not a "wow..it's an "oooohhhhh ...yuk" reaction.

Any beach on the French side of St. Martin may be topless. At both Pinal Island and Dawn Beach we have seen this.

Also at any beach on the Dutch side can have topless women although it is not as common as on the French side. We've vacationed on both sides and have seen topless women on at least four beaches on the Dutch side.

IMO, topless women are least likely to be at the Great Bay beach in the Philipsburg downtown section, I've never seen that there, but could be at the Great Bay hotel area to the west of the town. That is the white hotel, on the left side of the shot below, across Great Bay from the cruise ship pier.

attachment.php?attachmentid=334336&d=1419113832

DSC07130a.jpg.c537bdbc5420eee75df14a3a42937dd0.jpg

Edited by robtulipe