Selfie sticks....

I am looking for a selfie stick for an upcoming trip. Which selfie sticks do you all recommend? Also, do the Bluetooth ones work better or do you need a strong wifi or internet connection for them? Are the plug in, non blue tooth ones easier to use? Help!

I am looking for a selfie stick for an upcoming trip. Which selfie sticks do you all recommend? Also, do the Bluetooth ones work better or do you need a strong wifi or internet connection for them? Are the plug in, non blue tooth ones easier to use? Help!

You get what you pay for, the cheaper ones are exactly that, flimsy and not the best. Invest in a better one and it will yield better pictures, bluetooth doesn't require wifi/internet. Bluetooth is a local close field wireless that will triggers the phone without any mechanical trigger.

Just be aware that many people frown on selfie sticks and they are banned in many places due to the self absorbed nature of many of the people. But they can be very fun too, waiting to see this video from this one.

Personally I've never had a problem handing my camera, phone to someone to take a snapshot. The actual prospective is far better standing back a few more feet.

DSC_5221-001.jpg.65fa01ccdc215ec9f194ae56382230ca.jpg

I don't like them.

And I've never got the whole selfie thing.

BUT

You need neither wifi nor Internet connection for Bluetooth to work, it is a connection between the camera and the controller.

People are the one's to blame as well with a Selfie stick, or not.

so when you walk you don't pay attention and BAM get a stick in your face????

this goes both ways. and the problem with a gopro, all you need is 18 inches no more.

and your arm not fully extended. you do not need 48 inches and an extended arm.

So which is better Smatree Smapole S3 use your RC

a person lost his life due to losing his cellphone off a rollercoaster, his stupidity where he hopped the fence to look for it, coaster passeing caught him offguard and costed him again his life.

what does a selfiestick have to do with this Banning sticks .. takes one person not paying attention turningcatching anotherperson in thehead costing them an eye. Just saying oneday you'll hear one's stupidity because onedid not pay attention.

a selfie stick taking a picture for a Solo traveler, is a great way to capture a shot, it sucks when a Human has to ruin it for all, and that be "YOU"

I am sure how one can say good morning you no longer say to each passingstranger.....

Selfie stick users are great fun to watch......I watched a chap lose his stick and camera when he was using it on an open top bus in Malta.....he caught the low hanging telephone lines between the buildings and lost his grip.....most of the top deck passengers nearly wet themselves with laughter.

I've heard it said that if you're using your phone as your camera, the call switch on the headphone cable functions as a shutter remote when in camera mode.

My co-workers got me a selfie stick for my birthday last week. They're anxious for me to use in on my Alaska cruise next month. I might try to use it for a balcony pic with the glaciers behind me to give a slightly wider view.

Beyond that? Probably not going to happen. And certainly not in crowds. Reminds me of trying to walk with an open umbrella in downtown Chicago during rush hour.

Selfie stick users are great fun to watch......I watched a chap lose his stick and camera when he was using it on an open top bus in Malta.....he caught the low hanging telephone lines between the buildings and lost his grip.....most of the top deck passengers nearly wet themselves with laughter.

I've heard it said that if you're using your phone as your camera, the call switch on the headphone cable functions as a shutter remote when in camera mode.

Heeee heeee heeee

The whole "selfie" fad is a bit tiresome to start with in my opinion. (To be fair i hate having my pic taken to begin with, so that "may" influance my opinion of selfies ;) )

Got to agree with that.

1st direguard the people who have nothing better to do her maybe they should work on their signiture, then take more a page up;

I look at Smatree a very well known company. Smatree Smapol S3 all in one pole but sounds like you alrerady got one.

makesure the head is not pressed on. like some people here.... if so then you have to worry bout poor quality. as its for a gopro not tehir DSLR

good luck

1st direguard the people who have nothing better to do her maybe they should work on their signiture, then take more a page up;

I look at Smatree a very well known company. Smatree Smapol S3 all in one pole but sounds like you alrerady got one.

makesure the head is not pressed on. like some people here.... if so then you have to worry bout poor quality. as its for a gopro not tehir DSLR

good luck

Not sure what any of that is supposed to mean.

But if you have a problem with people's signatures, turn them off.

If you have a problem with people's opinions, well that's your right, just as it is theirs to have said opinion.

Edited by GUT2407

Wow. A lot of hate for the selfie sticks

I wouldn't call it hate....mostly.

It's just a common reaction among photographers to the growing number of people who think nothing of stepping in front of you while you're composing a shot and spending 5 minutes making sure they got enough of themselves in their frame and didn't forget to make the perfect duck-face.

Add the Three-Stooges-with-a-ladder whacking of each other and bystanders with a fully extended stick (actually collapsible by the considerate few) and it's no wonder that some resentment has developed.

Personally, I think selfie sticks have saved lives. As I remember, the originator of the need for a selfie fell into a reflecting pool and drowned! :)

To be honest, I actually have one in my bag that I use to elevate my camera for a different perspective. I have yet to take a picture of myself with it but, who knows?

Dave

good luck

Should we also "direguard" (sic) people who can not create a literate sentence, can not spell, do not know when to use upper case letters, do not know that sentences begin with upper case letters, etc.

It almost seems as if you are making all these mistakes just to make a point as you do not make these silly mistakes in your other posts although I can not imagine what your point could be.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

Should we also "direguard" (sic) people who can not create a literate sentence, can not spell, do not know when to use upper case letters, do not know that sentences begin with upper case letters, etc.

It almost seems as if you are making all these mistakes just to make a point as you do not make these silly mistakes in your other posts although I can not imagine what your point could be.

DON

I've found that if I read his posts using this voice:

yoda.jpg

They're much more entertaining...:D

(I would multi-quote his with this post, but he's the only person on my CC "Ignore" list)

Edited by shootr

DON

Yep I think we should direguard them.