All things OASIS OF THE SEAS (formerly was: All Things Genesis)

mrcruzer

Hi all, I just thought I'd post a thread on Genesis, for those who don't want to look through the large (and relatively off-topic) other Genesis thread.

Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the thread, I just want to have a thread that discusses Genesis herself (i.e. speculation, news, ideas, etc).

Personally, I'd like to share a thought I had,

Has anyone noticed the 6 cylindrical shaped objects on the upper pool deck about midship in the Genesis Picture?

I'm guessing it could be similar to Celebrity Solstice's "Entertainment and signature canopies" around the pool area. If you look at picture three http://celebritysolstice.com/#/enter.../onboard/pool/ you'll see the canopies taking place on the top two decks around the pool sides.

If you look at the Genesis Rendering (http://www.akeryards.com/upload/ship...sis_hr_new.jpg) then below the cylinder-shaped objects you'll see some pillars, presumably the dividers between the new canopies?

I'm just getting right into the Genesis mood and just making some guesses after looking at it a little closer. Thoughts?

MC.

I'm thinking that the initial rendering we've seen will be modified soon. From this particular rendering, there's no pronounced promenade deck.

But I do agree, it does appear those cylinder shaped objects may possibly be the same thing as the Solstice.:cool:

I, like you, can't wait for additional information to begin circulating. :D :cool:

Hi all, I just thought I'd post a thread on Genesis, for those who don't want to look through the large (and relatively off-topic) other Genesis thread.

Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the thread, I just want to have a thread that discusses Genesis herself (i.e. speculation, news, ideas, etc).

Has anyone noticed the 6 cylindrical shaped objects on the upper pool deck about midship in the Genesis Picture?

I'm guessing it could be similar to Celebrity Solstice's "Entertainment and signature canopies" around the pool area. If you look at picture three http://celebritysolstice.com/#/enter.../onboard/pool/ you'll see the canopies taking place on the top two decks around the pool sides.

If you look at the Genesis Rendering (http://www.akeryards.com/upload/ship...sis_hr_new.jpg) then below the cylinder-shaped objects you'll see some pillars, presumably the dividers between the new canopies?

I'm just getting right into the Genesis mood and just making some guesses after looking at it a little closer. Thoughts?

MC.

I see there is something up there on the pool deck, lets hope it's something good:D

I do plan on booking the first cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, hope the booking opens up soon so I don't have to do any more guessing:D

Carol:)

I see there is something up there on the pool deck, lets hope it's something good:D

I do plan on booking the first cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, hope the booking opens up soon so I don't have to do any more guessing:D

Hey MC & Carol...:)

When the rendering is enlarge, u can see a "reflection" of the pool deck in the Viking Crown windows. It's driving me nuts trying to make out any details. LOL

I have to admit, as frustrating as it may be (at times) the speculating and guessing is half the fun!

I think those canopies might be a fun idea. It'd be a blast booking one with a small group, be like having your own reserved chairs, no matter what. I was just curious to see if anyone thought of what those cylinders also could be.

Good point, I hadn't even noticed there wasn't a pronounced promenade deck-I just presumed it was there.

Speaking of reflections, it looks like there could possibly be a pool in the forward top areas above the bridge, as it looks like a pool reflecting in the glass around there.

As we could already predict, in the reflection you mentioned Tyron, I see green. I'm guessing grass will make it's way to Genesis just as it did on Solstice.

MC

Hey MC & Carol...:)

When the rendering is enlarge, u can see a "reflection" of the pool deck in the Viking Crown windows. It's driving me nuts trying to make out any details. LOL

Tyron, I do see the reflection but I can't make out what is there:(

I have to admit, as frustrating as it may be (at times) the speculating and guessing is half the fun!

I think those canopies might be a fun idea. It'd be a blast booking one with a small group, be like having your own reserved chairs, no matter what. I was just curious to see if anyone thought of what those cylinders also could be.

Good point, I hadn't even noticed there wasn't a pronounced promenade deck-I just presumed it was there.

Speaking of reflections, it looks like there could possibly be a pool in the forward top areas above the bridge, as it looks like a pool reflecting in the glass around there.

As we could already predict, in the reflection you mentioned Tyron, I see green. I'm guessing grass will make it's way to Genesis just as it did on Solstice.

MC

LOL...you're right, speculating is 1/2 the fun then comparing our observations with the actual product when it's revealed.

you're right...there does seem to be a "grassy or green" area in that reflection.

i'm in awe that there are 8 balcony decks. :eek:

And it'll drive ya nuts trying to make out what's in the reflection. LOL :eek:

It's already driving me nuts:D I'm going to call Emmy and we will look at it togeather and then It will drive her nuts too:D We will have fun making up things that it could be:eek:

Carol, yes, I'll definitely be onboard for the inaugural. I'm really looking forward to it too....this will be my very first inaugural cruise.

Tyron, we had fun on the Freedom Inaugural, you should have been there but why don't you get a Pink Polo Shirt and join in the Pink Boa Fun:p :p

Sorry, Double Post

this board has been whacky lately. :rolleyes: i'd love to join the PBS on one of your future cruises. you all are a great group. i followed your thread from it's inception until u all returned from your inaugural on the Freedom.:D

please say hello to Emmy for me....we've been chatting on the boards for a looooooong time but haven't had an opportunity to cruise together.

this board has been whacky lately. :rolleyes: i'd love to join the PBS on one of your future cruises. you all are a great group. i followed your thread from it's inception until u all returned from your inaugural on the Freedom.:D

please say hello to Emmy for me....we've been chatting on the boards for a looooooong time but haven't had an opportunity to cruise together.

I will say Hello to Emmy for you, and I do know you have been on other threads with her and I know she is looking forword to cruising with you too, so we will all cruise togeather on the Genesis:)

I will say Hello to Emmy for you, and I do know you have been on other threads with her and I know she is looking forword to cruising with you too, so we will all cruise togeather on the Genesis:)

I'm certainly looking forward to meeting and cruising with all of you. I know it'll be a cruise for the memory books. :cool: :)

MC.

Are we allowed to post real old pictures in this thread? Like 8 days really old pictures. :D

LOL...you're right, speculating is 1/2 the fun then comparing our observations with the actual product when it's revealed.

you're right...there does seem to be a "grassy or green" area in that reflection.

i'm in awe that there are 8 balcony decks. :eek:

I love comparing my thoughts and ideas with what turns out to be reality. Somehow, My ideas must be too "out there" as I've never seen them as of yet! (But hey, that doesn't mean I can't dream up possibilities anymore, does it?)

I wonder about Grass being grown around the pool area though, it seems like it'd be destroyed fairly easy there, wouldn't it?

Eight decks...I only counted 6...I must be just condensing the decks;)

Are we allowed to post real old pictures in this thread? Like 8 days really old pictures.

Hey, we might as well put the "all things" genesis to use! I think anything Genesis goes!

FL_cruiser, I believe the rock climbing would be on top of the Viking crown lounge behind the funnel like normal, But on a simple rendering like that, might not be important to show?

I have to admit I LOVE the stern superstructure area. I think It'd be an amazing hangout place. Plus, the idea of having large Glass elevators spanning that height overlooking the stern area would be magnificent.

veryhotred and qtmichelle, i too entered the contest and i'm really excited about this new class of ship. i do have some concerns though but since RCI hasn't released any additional information other than one rendering and brief description....i'm putting my concerns on the back burner. :)

i hope there are more areas that'll give more ocean views like on the radiance class ships and an outside casual eating area.

i hope there's no rock climbing wall on this ship, so that the viking crown can have full circle views. :D

hello, FL_Cruiser! :cool:

Archived