Nye

imcpa

Has anyone been onboard for New Year's Eve? If so,what kind of event did they do. We are looking at a Caribbean NYE cruise.

We have sailed Silversea, Regent, Crystal and Paul Gauguin, but never Wimdstar (Surf). We are excited looking into it, but am nervous about the potential motion.

We were on the Wind Spirit for New Year's Eve during our Panama Canal cruise. They passed out hats and noise makers for all. I would say it was a bit laid back but everyone had a good time. It was definitely an interesting way to spend the holiday!

I've been on the Wind Spirit in Costa Rica and through the Panama Canal and the Wind Surf in the Caribbean. I haven't had any issues with the motion. I too was nervous thinking about the smallness of the ship versus the motion. I think if you come prepared with whatever type of motion sickness remedies you like but also with a "healthy attitude" you will be covered. I haven't sailed on the lines you mentioned but I think you looking at close to the same experience as far as size and the motion of the ocean (dependent on the weather of course [emoji6]).

We love Wind Star (I don't think we will ever sail the big ships again) and are planning our next cruise in September 2018 with them. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much for the reply.

That is what I was expecting for NYE; was not expecting anything too wild.

Since we have done the other lines, which are all-inclusive, we are considering purchasing the unlimited beverage package. I have several questions on this that I can't seem to find answers to online. Do you have any experience with the package?

No we have never purchased the beverage package. We do love our wine at dinner and typically order a bottle which is not covered under the beverage package (only glasses of wine are covered at this point). And because most of Wind Star's itineraries are port intensive, and because we spend all day in port and aren't on the ship for lunch, it doesn't really work out in our favor.

There are several threads under the Wind Star forum that discuss the beverage package. If you run a search I'm sure you will find them. Many people do like it but I would say it runs 50/50 here on CC.