How to determine the Chef's Table rotation in advance?

kjbacon

Is there a way to figure this out a couple months ahead? I can't figure out a way but I'm hoping someone out there is more clever than I am! Last time, our first day out was day 2 of the 3 day rotation.

Honestly, I don't think that there is a way, especially not a couple of months out. V does not post the menus anywhere, not even sample menus. Even if you could get them to divulge the information in advance, I would think that they still reserve the right to change things up as needed when the time comes and hence there would be no guarantee that what they tell you two months out is what you actually get.

I think some of the menus in the rotation have changed over time. I have seen versions of Chef's Table menus posted by cruisers that did not show up at all on our cruise.On the other hand, our trip was only ten days long, so maybe we just weren't onboard long enough. The Sweet & Salty menu was our favorite. We won't be disappointed if it is still around when we join the Viking Sun in October of next year!

We booked Chef's Table in advance for two nights at the start and end of our cruise. We knew it's good but didn't know what menu we will have. You could see the menu on TV in your cabin (this is the most convenient way IMO). CT is the only one that will show the menu through the cruise. The first day of our cruise was the second day of one of the 3-day menu. It doesn't start new cycle with the first day of cruise. We like it very much (our booking hit second menu in the cycle), we went to cabin and made a couple of more reservations :) it was very easy. Please note that we like to have our dinner early and there is a possibility that it would be harder to book later times. We were there 4 times. Each time it took us 2 hours. Some people don't like long dinner but we enjoyed it. We actually didn't notice time :) The team of 3 people serve your dinner and pair wines/liquor. You have a conversations with them about food, why this particular drink has been chosen plus where they are from, etc. This wasn't just a meal, it was an experience. It was very interesting to learn that aquavit we were served was aged in the barrels that were traveling on the ship. Constant rolling and temperature fluctuation make it especially smooth :)

Enjoy and happy sailing!

Edited by vnb2003
missed word