Discovery?

OceansOfTravels

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it's still there. We were just in St Kitts in August and went to Carambola. But we walked down to Discovery and thought it looked like a better option and wished we had went there instead.

They still rent chairs, $10 I believe and plenty of natural shade. They have a social media website and they are always posting stuff on there daily with cruisers and people visiting.

P8202759%20copy-L.jpg

P8202760%20copy-L.jpg

P8202761%20copy-L.jpg

We loved the black sand by the water. So unique.

P8202757%20copy-L.jpg

P8202725%20copy-L.jpg

P8202722%20copy-L.jpg

Yes, it's still there. We were just in St Kitts in August and went to Carambola. But we walked down to Discovery and thought it looked like a better option and wished we had went there instead.

They still rent chairs, $10 I believe and plenty of natural shade. They have a social media website and they are always posting stuff on there daily with cruisers and people visiting.

P8202759%20copy-L.jpg

P8202760%20copy-L.jpg

P8202761%20copy-L.jpg

We loved the black sand by the water. So unique.

P8202757%20copy-L.jpg

P8202725%20copy-L.jpg

P8202722%20copy-L.jpg

I just saw this, thank you so much for your pictures! It was actually your review that I originally came across Discovery and thought of it as a place to spend on our upcoming cruise! Your pictures, particularly the For Sale sign, had me worrying that it would be closed, and when I looked on Facebook, the page hasn't been updated in years. What social media page do they constantly update? Did you notice a bar or some type of food available there?Do you know if there was wifi, or a place nearby that has it?

I just saw this, thank you so much for your pictures! It was actually your review that I originally came across Discovery and thought of it as a place to spend on our upcoming cruise! Your pictures, particularly the For Sale sign, had me worrying that it would be closed, and when I looked on Facebook, the page hasn't been updated in years. What social media page do they constantly update? Did you notice a bar or some type of food available there?Do you know if there was wifi, or a place nearby that has it?

For "rent"...not sale. ;) As in the chairs.

I'm not sure what page you are looking at then. They post all the time with the latest post being 11 hours ago from today (Saturday 12/10/16). They have had 32 (to be exact) post just this month (and it's only the 10th of December). You must be looking at the wrong page.

Yes, there's a bar and food and drinks. I don't know if there's wifi or not since we didn't stop.

I did find this info online:

Discovery Beach Bar & Reef Grill

Discovery is quite the spread, with a well-groomed beach volley-ball court, nice beach chairs available to rent, a VEGAN choice of food, although Morsi also has seafood, shrimp, and interesting flavors on his chicken wings (think ginger or passion fruit). You can choose from healthy drinks or go with the arguably less-healthy bar options. He wants you to "discover de experience," hence the name, so be sure to stop by and give him a shout-out.

You can rent a tent on the site overnight - it's got a nice big air mattress inside.

For "rent"...not sale. ;) As in the chairs.

I'm not sure what page you are looking at then. They post all the time with the latest post being 11 hours ago from today (Saturday 12/10/16). They have had 32 (to be exact) post just this month (and it's only the 10th of December). You must be looking at the wrong page.

Yes, there's a bar and food and drinks. I don't know if there's wifi or not since we didn't stop.

I did find this info online:

Discovery Beach Bar & Reef Grill

Discovery is quite the spread, with a well-groomed beach volley-ball court, nice beach chairs available to rent, a VEGAN choice of food, although Morsi also has seafood, shrimp, and interesting flavors on his chicken wings (think ginger or passion fruit). You can choose from healthy drinks or go with the arguably less-healthy bar options. He wants you to "discover de experience," hence the name, so be sure to stop by and give him a shout-out.

You can rent a tent on the site overnight - it's got a nice big air mattress inside.

Okay, thank you so much for your continued responses and help! I think I know how we'll spend our day in St.Kitts next week ;)

I posted this on another thread, but I'm hoping it helps here too...

We were just there last week, and here is our experience:

We got dropped off at Shipwreck (we have been there before). No charge to use chairs, but we bought drinks and food from Shipwreck. We took a walk down the beach and stopped at Discovery Beach Bar (maybe 5 mins from Shipwreck). We got the opportunity to meet Morsi, the owner and his children. He has, by far some of the best rum punch we have ever had! We also had the ginger chicken wings which were delicious! Morsi charges $10 to rent chairs, but he offers restrooms, shower and use of the water toys. We will probably spend the day at Discovery next time, since we had such a good experience during our short time there.

We got dropped off at Shipwreck (we have been there before). No charge to use chairs, but we bought drinks and food from Shipwreck. We took a walk down the beach and stopped at Discovery Beach Bar (maybe 5 mins from Shipwreck). We got the opportunity to meet Morsi, the owner and his children. He has, by far some of the best rum punch we have ever had! We also had the ginger chicken wings which were delicious! Morsi charges $10 to rent chairs, but he offers restrooms, shower and use of the water toys. We will probably spend the day at Discovery next time, since we had such a good experience during our short time there.

Thanks for coming back and letting us know your experience. Glad it was a good one and I believe this is probably where we'll go to next time we are there.

Thank you for your report. Do you remember if there was wifi at the bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums