St. Kitts with young kids

amoody914

We will be visiting St. Kitts for the first time in April. What are the best things to do with young children (8 and 3)? Thanks!

Hi! We will be in St Kitts in March with kids (9 and 7). I feel like I've done so much research and still can't really find anything other than beaches for the kids. I did read something a week or so ago that said Nevis has a school of music where kids can take a steel drum lesson. I'll try to find it again. It was in a page I found while googling st Kitts with kids haha!

We will be visiting St. Kitts for the first time in April. What are the best things to do with young children (8 and 3)? Thanks!

St Kitts Sailing School have three hour lesson for the whole family, the best package for 2 adults and 2 children, if the two children are under 12

https://en-gb.facebook.com/SKSS2008/

Contact them for dates and available packages/pricing.

• 3 weeks later...

So I wanted to update for anyone else searching for kid friendly things to do on St Kitts because it really took me a lot of time and research to finally decide. We decided to book through Beach Addiction for a half day private sail. They'll teach you to sail if you'd like or just be your captain and sail you to nice snorkeling spots. We're meeting them at Carambola and will probably spend the remainder of our time at the beach there. For reference, our kids are 7 and 9. It was surprisingly reasonable as far as price. I found them on trip advisor

• 2 weeks later...
I will also be there in April with 3 kids all 8 and under. Looking for any and all ideas. Specific beaches or tours you have done and what you liked about it. My youngest is 3 so I'd like to stay on land. Thanks.

We'll be there next week and taking a Thenford Grey tour with our 3 kids who are 3, 6, and 8. Will try to remember to update this thread on how it goes! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I guess we'll be doing either the chocolate tour or staying on the ship. The dolphin swim lists under additional information that children as young as 6 can participate as long as they are participating with a participating adult. However, after double checking with them since the pricing mentioned 8 years old, I was told that 6 & 7 year olds can do the dolphin swim with an adult, but they won't allow them to swim (just do the kiss & shake). Glad I found out before booking. We'll be doing that in Nassau now.

Any updates? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As promised, I wanted to update on our experience taking a Thenford Grey tour with kids. I'm happy to report that we loved, loved, LOVED St. Kitts and our Thenford Grey tour. We took the Grand Island tour with a group that included DH and myself, my parents, and our 3 kids: 3, 6, and 8. The whole family loved it. We were on a small bus with another family of 4. The other family had a 2 year-old and Grey's Island Excursions had a nice car seat installed for the little one.

I know all kids are different, but mine really enjoyed their day. Calvin, our guide, was excellent with kids. He went out of his way to keep them engaged doing things like breaking open an almond for them to try, showing them how water flows out of palm trees, and pointing out monkeys and other wildlife. He also provided bottled water after we explored Romney Manor, which was appreciated on a hot day.

We felt like we got a wonderful overview of the island. Our favorite stops were Timothy Hill and the amazing Brimstone Hill fortress. We could have easily spent several hours exploring the fortress, and it was a favorite of my boys who love knights, castles, and adventure! Going to Shipwreck Beach and bar was the perfect way to end our day. The other members of our group didn't really want beach time, so the company made arrangements for us to have a couple of hours there and ride back with another Thenford Grey group. My kids loved running on the beach and swimming in the calm water. The restaurant also had a place where monkeys and mongoose (mongeese??) come off the mountain, so we had lots of fun looking at them.

If you're going with kids, (or even if not), I highly recommend that you bring along some snacks. There was really no place to buy food except our final beach stop, so it was probably after 2 PM by that point. We were fine since we had brought along crackers, granola bars, etc. There is a small snack bar at the fortress, but it was very crowded, so we would have spent our whole time waiting in line.

We didn't hear one "I'm bored" all day from any of my kids, and we all loved St. Kitts so much that we would love to go back again for an extended visit. The tour was about 6 hours including beach time, so it was a great value. In my experience, this tour is an excellent choice for families.

As promised, I wanted to update on our experience taking a Thenford Grey tour with kids. I'm happy to report that we loved, loved, LOVED St. Kitts and our Thenford Grey tour. We took the Grand Island tour with a group that included DH and myself, my parents, and our 3 kids: 3, 6, and 8. The whole family loved it. We were on a small bus with another family of 4. The other family had a 2 year-old and Grey's Island Excursions had a nice car seat installed for the little one.

I know all kids are different, but mine really enjoyed their day. Calvin, our guide, was excellent with kids. He went out of his way to keep them engaged doing things like breaking open an almond for them to try, showing them how water flows out of palm trees, and pointing out monkeys and other wildlife. He also provided bottled water after we explored Romney Manor, which was appreciated on a hot day.

We felt like we got a wonderful overview of the island. Our favorite stops were Timothy Hill and the amazing Brimstone Hill fortress. We could have easily spent several hours exploring the fortress, and it was a favorite of my boys who love knights, castles, and adventure! Going to Shipwreck Beach and bar was the perfect way to end our day. The other members of our group didn't really want beach time, so the company made arrangements for us to have a couple of hours there and ride back with another Thenford Grey group. My kids loved running on the beach and swimming in the calm water. The restaurant also had a place where monkeys and mongoose (mongeese??) come off the mountain, so we had lots of fun looking at them.

If you're going with kids, (or even if not), I highly recommend that you bring along some snacks. There was really no place to buy food except our final beach stop, so it was probably after 2 PM by that point. We were fine since we had brought along crackers, granola bars, etc. There is a small snack bar at the fortress, but it was very crowded, so we would have spent our whole time waiting in line.

We didn't hear one "I'm bored" all day from any of my kids, and we all loved St. Kitts so much that we would love to go back again for an extended visit. The tour was about 6 hours including beach time, so it was a great value. In my experience, this tour is an excellent choice for families.

Thank you for posting your experience with this tour. Appreciated you providing all the details. Blessings,

So great when our children get exposed to different sites and places. Our sons ages 12, 15, 18 loved this tour. It is scary how quickly they grow up. Glad your tour was fantastic. We are returning to St Kitts this summer, 18 months later than our first trip and are really in research mode on what to do this time.