Europe Cruise with Teens

jvalastro

Hi Everyone! We just got back from a 7 day western med cruise on the Liberty of the Seas, which was awesome, and are now looking at the 7 day adriatic to aegean cruise on the Equinox. So first off, will there be a decent amount of kids on the cruise? My teens met a group of friends on the last cruise, and are hoping that they will be able to here also. Second, will they be very bored on the Equinox after coming from the Liberty of the Seas, which to my understanding is much more teen friendly. Thanks in advance!!

Hi Everyone! We just got back from a 7 day western med cruise on the Liberty of the Seas, which was awesome, and are now looking at the 7 day adriatic to aegean cruise on the Equinox. So first off, will there be a decent amount of kids on the cruise? My teens met a group of friends on the last cruise, and are hoping that they will be able to here also. Second, will they be very bored on the Equinox after coming from the Liberty of the Seas, which to my understanding is much more teen friendly. Thanks in advance!!

It all depends on your teens. Celebrity does not have rock climbing walls or zip lines. We took our first cruise last month on the Reflection, 10 day Med, and my son (16) loved it. But he is not the type that needs constant activity. He rather read than go to the teen club :eek:. When he was not reading, he spent time at the basketball court playing with the new friends he made. I think that there were probably 20-30 teens onboard. We liked Celebrity so much that we booked the Equinox for next June.

We have done three med cruises and there have been a fair number of young people on each cruise. Of course many will be Europeans.

We have found that any cruise of 14 days that is not in the Summer will have higher average age.

The highest was on a 14 day Southern Caribbean cruise in March. The average age was probably 70.

Seven day cruises draw more young.

We finished our 12 night sailing on the Equinox on July 4th with our 15 year old son. He had dozens of other teens on board. The teen club was so busy at times, they found other places to hang out.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

We got back July 19th from 12 day cruise on the constellation in Europe. There were a good number of teens - my twins 16 and they also had a fairly large group of 18-25 year old - they called then generation neXt and had specific activities for them too. They all loved it

Sharon

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We got back July 19th from 12 day cruise on the constellation in Europe. There were a good number of teens - my twins 16 and they also had a fairly large group of 18-25 year old - they called then generation neXt and had specific activities for them too. They all loved it

Sharon

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hey Sharon,

How was your trip? Will you be posting a review/trip report? We are still considering the Baltics on Connie for next June.

June 14th will not be during any school holidays for the european kids, they do not break up until end of july most years, but there is a sports deck, and as said, it depends how your kids are, if they can entertain themselves, or need a lot provided to do. We always research fun stuff to do in port, so that our kids are happy to relax, swim, etc once back on board.

We're looking at the June 14 cruise, so it sounds like being in the summer will help bring in more kids/ teens

We did early June this year on Equinox, and there were not many teens on board. Until this cruise we always cruised bigger RCL ships like Liberty, and our son (now 14) would be off doing things with other kids his age the entire cruise. This cruise he couldn't find anyone, so he ended up hanging out with us or playing his ipad the whole time onboard. I would also caution that if they like the activities to do on Liberty, they will be disappointed on Celebrity.

Archived