ES, changed ship, still charged $50 pp

mintsugarcube

We booked ES and had to change ships. We didn't cancel the booking completely though. I was told that out of our $250 deposit pp that $200 would transfer over to the new booking and $50 would be forfeited.

Is this the standard policy? We went from one ship to a b2b that was more money.

We did change the booking and hoped the PVP would not charge us as we are giving Carnival more money. No luck!

Anyone else have experience with this?

You changed the booking.

Legally that is a change of the contract you both agreed to. You formed a new contract and they still have to sell you previous cabin on the other cruise.

So there it is.

Should they given the circumstances...? But they did.

I did this too a few months ago due to a family issue and had to pay the $50/person fee. This is part of ES and when you agree to the booking, you agree to this condition of it. Yes, my booking# stayed the same and everything else transferred over to it as well.

We booked ES and had to change ships. We didn't cancel the booking completely though. I was told that out of our $250 deposit pp that $200 would transfer over to the new booking and $50 would be forfeited.

Is this the standard policy? We went from one ship to a b2b that was more money.

We did change the booking and hoped the PVP would not charge us as we are giving Carnival more money. No luck!

I would call switching ships to be quite a change. One had to be cancelled and another needed to be booked.:eek:

That is correct. You cancelled one booking and made another. $50pp "penalty" for cancelling regardless if you re-reserve or not.

We booked early saver for a cruise departing October 4th, 2014. Due to needing surgery, had to cancel and rebook for February 7th, 2015. Same itinerary, same ship, same booking number. We were charged $50 per person to switch. Knew it was going to happen because we booked early saver. Unfortunately, that is one rule that is never broken!

OP, sounds like you got a deal, if they only charged you $50 total, and not per person. Happy sailing!

We booked early saver for a cruise departing October 4th, 2014. Due to needing surgery, had to cancel and rebook for February 7th, 2015. Same itinerary, same ship, same booking number. We were charged $50 per person to switch. Knew it was going to happen because we booked early saver. Unfortunately, that is one rule that is never broken!

OP, sounds like you got a deal, if they only charged you $50 total, and not per person. Happy sailing!

Yes, I guess it would have been a deal at fifty total, but nope, it was fifty pp

Sounds right. We needed to not cancel but change our cruise to an earlier sailing date and I knew I would likely be charged the $50pp to do this....and was charged. Essentially, you are cancelling/changing the original booking, so they do charge the fee to do that. :(

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2121077

Bill