Southampton Hotel

We are sailing out of Southampton and will need a hotel for the night before we sail. We will be taking the train from Gatwick to Southampton and will have to take taxis to and from the hotel, so we would like something near the port and the central train station. Any recommendations?

We are sailing out of Southampton and will need a hotel for the night before we sail. We will be taking the train from Gatwick to Southampton and will have to take taxis to and from the hotel, so we would like something near the port and the central train station. Any recommendations?

Depends on how much you want to pay, but I drove past two hotels yesterday. The De Vere Grand Harbour is upmarket.

The Holiday Inn is fine. The station, port and shopping centre are all within about 10 minutes walk, though I doubt many people will walk to the port!

Depends on how much you want to pay, but I drove past two hotels yesterday. The De Vere Grand Harbour is upmarket.

The Holiday Inn is fine. The station, port and shopping centre are all within about 10 minutes walk, though I doubt many people will walk to the port!

I looked at rates for the De Vere and its not bad...around $200 per night. However, they don't have AC in the rooms. How important is AC in June? How far is that hotel from the port and train station?

I looked at rates for the De Vere and its not bad...around $200 per night. However, they don't have AC in the rooms. How important is AC in June? How far is that hotel from the port and train station?

Unless we are very lucky you should not need AC in June:D

The hotel is 5mins to 10mins from both station and the port in fact from the upper rooms you can see the port. If you are sailing from berth's 106 or 101 you would see your ship from the hotel. See the link below to my J625 cruise where the early shots are taken from the hotel you are asking about.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Archived