Japan Airlines

travellovers2

We are booked with AA to go to Japan for our cruise out of Yokohama, but they assigned the return flight to the US from NRT to JAL (Japan Airlines). They will not assign seats until you are at the airport.

We are two and would like to seat together. Has anyone had any issues with seat assignment with JAL?

Thank you.

We are in exactly the same situation....I have seat assignments on the AA portion, but when I got to the JAL segment, couldn''t get seats. The website said call JAL. When I did so, I was on hold forever and finally was essentially told "We don't prebook for code share, tough." Please post if you find a way around this!

I got a response on another website from someone that had this happen with UA/ANA and he says that they had to check in 24 hrs before to get the seat, but he also explained that you can get your seats when you check in at the airport. Someone else explained that airlines has reserved seats for airport check in.

I can't get on the JAL website even though I got the correct flight number from JAL because it's not the same as AA. I'm going to deal with this the day before and not worry about it anymore, I have enough to worry about with all these transfers by train on our own, after all it's the return, so the worst that can happen is that we will come back later :)

Get the JAL locator code from AA, and then perhaps when you arrive at Narita, you can go to their counter and get some seat assignments for your return flight. You will have tried in advance of the flight, and in person.

Get the JAL locator code from AA, and then perhaps when you arrive at Narita, you can go to their counter and get some seat assignments for your return flight. You will have tried in advance of the flight, and in person.

I have the locator code. That is a great idea. When we arrive in the afternoon we plan to go to the hotel and sleep/rest, so we'll take an extra few minutes to hopefully get this resolved. Thank you.

When I booked my flight with AA I also got a code share with JAL from Chicago to Narita, then Narita to Singapore and she gave me seats the whole way. I was surprised and it's entirely possible they will not be there when I check in.

• 2 weeks later...

We flew to Singapore from Tokyo on an AA code share flight. We returned from Tokyo on JAL and were able to get seat assignments in advance so I am sure your seats will be there. By the way our JAL flights and service were great.