Levi Baron tour

Debby2725

Hi - we just returned on the Destiny from a 9-16-07 cruise & booked independently for Dominica. We heard some of our tablemates who either wandwered off on their own or booked with the ship's choices. They were not nearly as happy as we were We are so glad we went independent as we had the time of our lives. It was an absolutley beautiful island. We used Levi Baron from Bumpiing Tours - he was raised there and is a true environmentalist who knows so much cool stuff - we had lots of bottled water, free beers & stopped at this cool fruit stand. We covered this island and saw so much. He was professional & dependable. His van was brand new with major AC which was a shocker as I am used to getting into old tour vans. I was very comfortable and we are middle aged folks. You can book a private tour as we did - this let us go at out own pace - we were never rushed - or with a small group of your friends. He got us to the Emerald Pool before anyone else - I have a picture with no one in it - rather than 30 folks from the ship in the water. We did so much - I remember the gardens, 2 waterfalls, the pool, tons of incredible driving with lookout points, the sulfur vent area, the fruit stand with Mr. Nice, & other stuff - he really takes all of the ship tours & rolls them into one. (We even saw a tour from the ship where the older van had broken down & they were having to wait for a new van to come. Glad we were not on that one as you only have 8 hours.) We wore shorts & we were finme - Unless you really want to swim at the pool - shorts are fine as it lets you wade plenty deep. The good thing about Levi is will customize your tour & take you anywhere. You pay at the end. We really felt safe with him as he is a good experienced driver and those roads are twisting. His new vehicle (2007 Nissan / Toyota van with tinting that lets you see out but keeps it cool - even had custom air vents in the ceiling to keep us cool) made us feel safe & was so comfortable ( I have back issues & it was no problem.) We thought he was the kind of guy that makes an impression on you as his heart is in his work and it shows. :)

PS - this is a very safe country with a population that is ranked 4th happiest people in the world - you can tell - polite people who are thrilled to have the Destiny come to port. Be sure to buy a basket made by the Indian ladies - they were a bargain at the pool.

A little slice of heaven.

Becky:p & Leon:cool:

I booked with him for mid-Nov. This is one port that we are looking forward to the most! I think going with Levi will be excellent.

We are going on the Roseau Valley Best, which is his personal favorite.

Middleham Falls: The tallest waterfall on the Island. The hike to this waterfall is about 45 minutes one way, walking through part of the Island lush rain forest. For the first 20- 25 minutes you would be climbing up, which is the most difficult walk on the tour. From then it is flat and down hill until you get to the waterfall. There is a huge pool at the base of the waterfall with fresh clean water which will be tempting you to get in.

Trafalgar Falls: (two waterfalls in the same area) 10 minutes walk one way up a few steps. The walk is not too difficult and it is the second most visited site on the Island.

Titou Gorge: One of the most unique areas on the Island and it's also a spot where part of Pirates Of The Caribbean 2 was filmed. One can get to bathe in hot and cold water at titou gorge. To enjoy the gorge you would have to take the short swim up the cave like area. It's about 10 feet at it's deepest point, but if only about knee height when you get n the cave-Like area. There is an easy 7 minutes walk to the gorge.

Wotten Waven Sulphur Springs: (small boiling pools) 2 minutes walk one way up a few steps.

Depending on how long you stay at the waterfalls, we could also stop at the Botanical gardens and Morne Bruce.

we were just on a tour with levi- he was great- we did the emerald pool- trafalgar falls and a boiling pool- as well as a drive thru some serious montains. Levi was very knowledgeable about the island- and even returned a small cooler to the ship which we had left in his van. great day

Levi is the BEST!

You can check out pics of our day with him in my Snapfish link in my sig

His website is here:

http://www.bumpiingtours.com/index.htm

He can be emailed here:

penny@cwdom.dm

If you don't see a pre-arranged tour on his site that trips your trigger, let him know.... he can put together anything for you!

He's a doll!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I booked with him for mid-Nov. This is one port that we are looking forward to the most! I think going with Levi will be excellent.

We are going on the Roseau Valley Best, which is his personal favorite.

Middleham Falls: The tallest waterfall on the Island. The hike to this waterfall is about 45 minutes one way, walking through part of the Island lush rain forest. For the first 20- 25 minutes you would be climbing up, which is the most difficult walk on the tour. From then it is flat and down hill until you get to the waterfall. There is a huge pool at the base of the waterfall with fresh clean water which will be tempting you to get in.

Trafalgar Falls: (two waterfalls in the same area) 10 minutes walk one way up a few steps. The walk is not too difficult and it is the second most visited site on the Island.

Titou Gorge: One of the most unique areas on the Island and it's also a spot where part of Pirates Of The Caribbean 2 was filmed. One can get to bathe in hot and cold water at titou gorge. To enjoy the gorge you would have to take the short swim up the cave like area. It's about 10 feet at it's deepest point, but if only about knee height when you get n the cave-Like area. There is an easy 7 minutes walk to the gorge.

Wotten Waven Sulphur Springs: (small boiling pools) 2 minutes walk one way up a few steps.

Depending on how long you stay at the waterfalls, we could also stop at the Botanical gardens and Morne Bruce.

Hi - We just returned and did this tour with Levi - It was fantastic. The hike to Middleham falls was just the right length. It was beautiful. You do need to be fairly fit to do it.

Titou Gorge was our favorite.

Levi is a very good driver and a real sweetheart.

We are planning to visit Dominica again and do a longer Hike with him.

Sandra

I am looking into booking with Levi. One question that I haven't heard back from him on --- is the day mostly driving around or do you stop at the various places for a while to enjoy them? I definitely want to see the island but I don't want to spend the whole day in a van (even if it does have great AC!).

Let me know.... thanks!!

We booked Levi but wanted to leave the ship a bit late-around 9 am so he had a second van and driver for the 4 of us. Wonderful tour even with occasional rain. Driver guidedus on the trails at the falls and took us to the best sights. Had lunch at a nice restaurant near falls and had him join us. Great strong rum drinks. He took us back to town about 2:30 so we could do a little shopping and dropped us at supermarket where we bought the hot sauces and coffee at reasonable prices compared to shops along the road. We each gave him $50 so he got a reasonable tip forthe short count passengers. We passed Levi several times and his van was loaded. I would definately recommend them over the ship's tour.

• 4 weeks later...

Levi was great. Don't hesitate to book with him. We were just there 2 weeks ago on the Azamara. He was one of the best tour guides I have ever had. He was very knowledgable. He stopped at the grocery store so we could purchase soap and rum.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

My family and I just returned from touring with Levi of Bumping Tours. What could I possibly add to the list of wonderful things that have already been said?? We had a fantastic time. Probably the best tour and tour guide we've ever had. Did the Roseau Valley Best with the exception of skipping the Sulpher Springs so we could snorkel at Champagne Beach. Snorkeling at Champagne was awesome. Would highly recommend that if you're into snorkeling.

I would definately recommend Levi in a heartbeat :) !

Hi, we just got back from a 12 day cruise on the Explorer.

We did Levi's Rousseau Valley best and had a great time. Several people on the cruiseship tours mentioned seeing just one or 2 spots, while we ended up getting to see several with ours.

Levi was booked with a larger group the day we were in port, and we ended up getting a private tour (just my wife & I) with one of his other drivers named Gary. We still crossed paths with Levi a couple of times during the day and he was always happy to see us and asked how our day was going.

This was one of our favorite islands (especially if you like nature and hiking) and will definitely book Levi again to explore more remote parts of the island the next time we are there.

Hello Everyone,

My family and I just returned from touring with Levi of Bumping Tours. What could I possibly add to the list of wonderful things that have already been said?? We had a fantastic time. Probably the best tour and tour guide we've ever had. Did the Roseau Valley Best with the exception of skipping the Sulpher Springs so we could snorkel at Champagne Beach. Snorkeling at Champagne was awesome. Would highly recommend that if you're into snorkeling.

I would definately recommend Levi in a heartbeat :) !

DITTO DITTO DITTO!

We did Roseau Valley Best with Levi on Tuesday, 2/19. He was our tour guide and was the greatest. Easily the best day of our cruise. Unlike rvfosdick, we went to sulpher springs but some of us skipped the snorkeling. If you can handle a rigorous hike, this is the one for you! Middleham Falls and Titou Gorge were unbelievable!!! Our friends, who did one of Levi's less rigorous tours, went to Trafalgar Falls (we did that too) and Emerald Pool. They enjoyed their day with Bumpiing Tour also. I would highly recommend Levi. He is a true professional!!

I've been trying to book a tour with Levi for March 17. He replied to my first email quickly, telling me that he couldn't take us, but he could arrange for someone else to. Since then I've sent him two emails and he hasn't replied. If I don't hear from him this week, I've giving up on him.

We also toured with Levi a couple of weeks ago (might have been in the group with Rvfosdick?) The hike to Middleham Falls was fantastic but challenging, since they had two days of rain the day before our tour and the trail was very muddy and slippery. We swam in the pool at the base of the falls - very cold but very exciting! Titou Gorge was also spectacular; the scenery on the whole tour was breathtaking.

Levi was a very knowledgable, friendly guide. Never pushy, just truly friendly and excited to show us his island. I highly recommend Levi and hope to return to Dominica soon - the rest of the cruise, while it was great, paled in comparison to Dominica!