Looking for a good camera, any reccommendation??

familycruise71

I would ask if you want a point and shot light weight camera or a bigger but can change out the lens DSLR camera. Both have pro's and con's. I myself use a Sony a33 DSLR with a 18mm to 250mm lens. I went with a Sony because they are the only ones that shot in a widescreen 16x9 not the 3x2 standard format. It was a big deal to me. That just means I have the black bars on top and bottom of the picture not on the sides, when I look at them on a computer or print them. With DSLR cameras I will tell you that the video on these will only last for maybe 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. That is if you are outside in the sun. They will overheat quick. I turned off my image stabilization to be able to get just a little bit more out of it around 4 minutes. Inside I get up to 10 minutes before the overheating starts. With about a 5 minute cool down. The camera will still take pictures if it over heats but will turn off if you try to video tape to soon. I would buy a video camera if you plan on taping a lot. It should be just a bonus. One more thing, you can NEVER have to many batteries- I have 3 and the memory card can NEVER be to big- I have 2 64gb memory sticks- class 10 if you want to shot video ;o) I also bought a external mic. I think it's a must for video to. I hope this helps and I did a lot of research for want camera worked for me. Best Buy is a great place to try them out. I bought a Canon T3i- GREAT camera but no 16x9. That is the only reason I took it back. Nikons I think are the best with the BEST lens but the price tag comes with it. I found a web sit that helps, google camera lab ;o) Hope this helps and let us know what you get!

I made this slide show video with a Sony a33 and the under water shot was a Sony point and shot. The Third Day is the best one I think. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1450853

Archived